First, extending the school and adding on 45+ days to make the school year last into mid July is one effective way to go improve student achievement. When we look at the U.S. as a whole and compare our test scores to the rest of he world, we see that we have fallen and continue to fall farther down...
... middle of paper ...
...with todays society, most kids have nothing better to do and spend the whole summer goofing off, not like years ago, where they were needed for work. So, why not expand and update our current programs and create new ones, to put our kids back to learning so that we can create a more educated future.
Changing our school schedule so that we educate through the summer is a must. We can do this by three options, extending the school year and adding more days, make schooling go year round, or expand and improve our current summer schooling programs. Now matter what three we pick, they will all result in improved student achievement, but if we continue to waste summer vacation student achievement will expectedly continue to fall. So I leave you with this question, is it time American leaves it agriculture roots in the past and breaks its habits to improve our future?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Would you consider going to a school where you learn year-round. Maybe this would be your ideal school, but, when would you get to have some time to go to summer camp, or get a summer job, or play a sport with games during the day. Schools with the traditional schedule may actually be a better choice, and not just because kids love summer break. Schools should have a traditional school year schedule instead of a year round schedule because there isn’t a significant difference between the students’ performance, and year round schedules make planning family vacations hard, make the teachers’ job more difficult, and are more expensive.... [tags: better choice, traditional schedule, summer job]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- When May comes for most kids only one thing is on their mind. Summer break. As they finish up their school the kids prepare for long lazy afternoons, swimming, and just being kids. They don’t need to worry about a paper that needs to be done or math homework. Instead they can just sit back and relax. I like many other kids however think of experience and worthwhile experiences when it comes to my summer break. While I certainly don’t want to leave out relaxing besides the beach, a summer break can give me experiences I couldn’t otherwise have such as practicing a new skill.... [tags: summer vacation, summer break]
419 words (1.2 pages)
- Summer break is the time to learn new things and experience life. If summer break were taken away from hard working students they would have less family time. Parents are able to take more time off work during the summer to go on vacations with their kids or just to spend time with them. If summer break were taken away from kids, they would not get as much time with their family and that could lead to depression. Summer break is the time for students to experience life and develop new skills that are not taught in schools.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Summer vacation]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Summer Break Daniel disembarked from the train at Naga station, following a ten-hour journey from Manila. The sun pierced his bloodshot eyes, beneath his long dark hair, as he stumbled to the platform with a heavy leg, carrying his luggage and a knapsack. A cool morning welcomed him, but clueless what was in store for him. His heart throbbed as he contemplated on this summer break. After a quick dog walk, he hurried up to a calesa waiting for passengers. The driver whisked the horse, and the wheels of the carriage wriggled to a rutted road much narrower than he remembered.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Academic term, Hair]
2110 words (6 pages)
- After a long year of being in school in the 4th grade, the summer break finally arrived. I was 10 years old living with my mother and brother in a small town, Pastoria, in Ojocaliente, Zacatecas, Mexico. It was just another day of my long summer and I heard a noise. My mom was taking out clothes from my closet at 6 AM. I wanted to get up and ask her why was she doing that, but at the same time, I also felt like going back to sleep. I chose to sleep, and I woke up at 8 O’clock in the morning while my younger brother Carlos was still sleeping.... [tags: Mother, Father, Walking, Parent]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- ... The answer is yes, for some, the weather outside can cause them to feel more stressed than they normally do. They might feel as though they can’t get motivated and they feel that everything which is problematic is ten times more stressful than it might be on a sunny day. If you are one of these people, there are medical conditions which might be causing you to be more sensitive to stress when the weather is poor. Although, people in the USA are not the only ones stressed from the long school year.... [tags: necessary vacation, stress and health]
1403 words (4 pages)
- A hospital's human resource department handles hundreds of nursing resumes a week. A good portion of those resumes are for nursing occupations with a hefty percentage of qualifying applicants. A prospective applicant should consider ways to make his or her resume stand out from the rest of the pile. A nursing assistant scans each nursing resume through a computerized database, queries the database based on keywords assigned by the nursing supervisor, and assures that each resume meets the minimal requirements before submitting the winning resumes to the human resource manager for further review.... [tags: Resume, Application, Career]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- The 2016 Summer Olympic Games will soon commence in Rio de Janeiro, but Mario and Sonic are looking to begin the festivities early this year. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is now available for the Nintendo 3DS, and it’s your opportunity to take home an Olympic Gold medal. While Wii U owners will have to wait for that version to finish it’s Olympic training as it won’t see release for a few more months, those with a 3DS can now participate in 3DS exclusive events and begin their quest to become an Olympic champion.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Spring Break Cruise Have you ever wanted to have a whole month of just pure relaxation and enjoyment at an affordable price. Will now you can with Santa Blue a cruise ship to the Caribbean. Rooms start at $4,000 that 's a steal compare to other places. Some other cruise ships will charge you around $10,000 for 25 days maybe even 30 days out in sea. With that said you will be able to visit some of the most entertaining Caribbean islands. Not enough for you no worries on the cruise we will have a bunch of entertainment for your liking.... [tags: Ship, Cruise ship, Cuba, Caribbean]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Back in the early ages, the idea of year-round school would be thought as completely insane, because the farming families depended on their children to be home during harvest time. Now in modern times, the term year-round school is becoming more and more common in the United States of America. Slowly the schools are changing the way they teach, from giving the students a long three month break to a shorter one month break during the summer. The change of America’s high schools to the year-round schedule benefits both the schools and the students because they still get breaks throughout the school year, the children are less likely to forget information, the children would have more time wit... [tags: summer break, review, schools]
1052 words (3 pages)