Not caring a single bit about my feelings, he already cleared it to the entire class how much he regretted selecting partnership with me.
Entirely crestfallen, I wait for the first lesson to begin, even though I fear touching any part of my partner 's wet body. He really should have avoided the water balloon fighting in the cafeteria, today.
"Ladies and gentlemen," Mr. Dexter, the mean one, begins, "we 'll start with a very basic technique, today and focus on complex ones in the upcoming classes. Watch our demonstration, first, and then practice this on your partners."
Him and Mrs. Johnson explain and show how to break free of a grip on your wrist without getting in trouble. Mr. Dexter holds the woman 's wrist and she raises the lock as high as she could before stepping under it and twisting his arm behind him. We all stare in sheer amazement--including some guys.
"See, now, you can simply push him and ta da," Mrs. Johnson smiles, shoving her assistant who stumbles a step forward.
"Your turn to try," Mr. Dexter declares.
Unlike the hooligans in the class, all of us girls hesitate slightly. In fact, I share an unusual eye lock with Arsen before he steps forward and catched my wrist. As much as we stay away from each other usually, it 's no longer happening.
Focusing on the task at hand, I mimic the first step of bringing up the arms so I can step under and then end up behind Arsen. Instead of allowing my escape, Arsen steps forward, blocking the foot space. Our bodies are mere inches away. His eyes bore into mine in a challenging manner, irking me to the point where I simply wish to kick him where it 'll definitely hurt him.
No, it 's not the...
... middle of paper ...
... I get in return?"
"A gift partnership on the diner and," frankly, the gift partnership sounds fine by me, but I wait for the second part, "I 'll buy you and your friends VIP tickets to that haunted house you wanted to tour last year. Cab fare included."
Am I hearing things?
Did he really use that offer on me?
"Tickets to Nightmare?" I ask in shock. Compared to how the day started out, the last thing I expected is my father finally allowing me to tour one of the scariest known haunted houses in New York. Danie, Isa, Ben, and I have been dying to visit the place since middle school. All our hopes and dreams will be fulfilled, now! Halloween 's the day after Mom 's birthday. By then, Ben can also join us!
"Only if the diner is ready for your mom 's birthday."
He briefs me all the necessary information before I settle down with my dinner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dexter Morgan is a fictional character from the TV show, Dexter. The show tells a story of a man named Dexter, who is a brilliant blood spatter analyst by day and a serial killer of criminals by night. Throughout the day, he stalks his victims and at night he captures them and follows a code of conduct and ritual set by his adopted father before killing them. To figure out what diagnosis to give Dexter, an analysis of his childhood must be conducted. Dexter has no clear memory of his biological family, but was very close with his adoptive family, the Morgans.... [tags: fictional character, the code, dexter morgan]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- Summary: Night by Elie Wiesel is a horrific story based on the true events of his torturous Holocaust experiences from 1944 to 1945. He suffered greatly. This book is full of tragic and painstaking memories. Even though Wiesel describes his adversity, his brave actions still show through and that is what makes this story monumental. In 1944, the German Nazis occupied Sighet, Transylvania where they started to issue several decrees for the jews. An act of deportation was issued to remove all foreign jews--Wiesel’s teacher Moshe the Beadle was part of the deportation.... [tags: Elie Wiesel, The Holocaust, Nazi Germany]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Diplodocus woke up to cockroaches roaming the barren wasteland of his body. Half awake, he sprang up and started violently swatting away the pests. Fuck. I’m tired of this shit. He left the security of the bunker, killing cockroaches with every step he took. He was outside now and the fresh air and night sky provided some relief for him. He walked to a patch of grass and collapsed, lying as he contemplated his dream. What the fuck. The images playing through his mind, attempting to tie in some significance to it.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Boss, Face]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Amy was a recently graduated psychologist who had just opened up a new practice. John, her friend since grade school, calls her up in the middle of the night. It was immediately apparent that he was in distress and he tells her that he needs someone to talk to. He begins to confide in her about how his life has gone downhill lately, at first losing his employment and then his house. This increase in stress has also led to marital problems because he has been taking it out on his wife and it has turned into physical fights.... [tags: Ethics, Decision making, Decision theory]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a romantic play about love-struck relationships that deal with lust, jealousy, and revenge. Key characters are Theseus, Hippolyta, Lysander, Hermia, Egeus, Demetrius, Helena, Oberon, Titantia, Puck, and Nick Bottom. Theseus is the king of Athens, who is engaged with his fiancé, Hippolyta, the queen of Amazon. Lysander is an Athenian man who is in love with Hermia, the daughter of Egeus. Hermia is also in love with Lysander. Demetrius is an Athenian man who also loves Hermia, and wishes to wed with her.... [tags: A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare]
457 words (1.3 pages)
- It happens more often than not- waking in the middle of the night. As I become conscious of my surroundings, I am filled with a sense of foreboding. The soft hisses and puffs escaping my loved ones lips while deep in the throes of sleep provide the only distraction from the all-encompassing silence. As I strain to hear the sounds of life surrounding me the ominous sensation of being alone, abandoned, is ignited within me. It feels as if my loved one have left and gone to somewhere that I am no longer welcomed and I must stay behind, long forgotten.... [tags: night,]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Thomas Dawicki Sep/19/17 Honors English Number of sentences: 125 Night of the Living Dead Essay In the movie “Night of the Living Dead” by George A. Romero, we are thrust in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. During this apocalypse, many themes and aspects of human nature are present. This conflict seems to bring out the aspects of humans that show how imperfect we are, in addition to how we function in groups.... [tags: Night of the Living Dead, Criminology, The Zombies]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Written by William Shakespeare, “Othello” is a twisted tale of deceit and betrayal that turned a beautiful love into a murderous plot due to outside jealousy. The play begins in with Iago and Rodrigo arguing in Venice. Iago is a soldier who is under Othello’s command and Rodrigo has been paying him to spy on Othello because he wishes to be with Desdemona, Othello’s lover. Rodrigo believes that Iago is loyal to Othello and has not been keeping up his end of the bargain due to his lack of information .... [tags: Othello Summary Essays]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- Go Ask Alice Summary An unnamed fifteen-year-old diarist, whom the novel's title refers to as Alice, starts a diary. With a sensitive, observant style, she records her adolescent agony: she worries about what her crush Roger thinks of her; she despises her weight gain; she fears her budding sexuality; she is uncomfortable at school; she has difficulty relating to her parents. Alice's father, a college professor, accepts a teaching position at a different college and the family will move at the start of the new year, which cheers Alice up.... [tags: Summary Ask Alice Book Review]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Addy is a nine year old girl who lives with her Momma, Pappa, Sam her 15 year old brother and her one year old sister Ester. Addy and her family are slaves who work for Master Stevens. One night on a summer night sleep Addy heard her parents talking about running away. Pappa wanted Addy to be free. He is sick and tired of seeing his children work so hard. They were talking about how they have to take a chance. Pappa did not want to wait till the war was over. He wanted to be free, and to be able to run free and feel freedom.... [tags: Book Review Summary]
1523 words (4.4 pages)