Balanced Life, Fitness and Nutrition is a personal fitness company based on personalized training and nutrition programs. They host one-on-one interviews with potential clients to determine the optimal training and food intake regimens that will help their clients towards their intended goals.
This document is intended to serve as a basic summary of the Balanced Life, Fitness and Nutrition system to be developed by BREA Solutions. It is an extension and update of the previously submitted inception document. It will also serve as the basis for the initial development processes and will contain technical details associated with the new web application.
BREA Solution’s vision is to create a website that will fulfill the needs of BLFN. It will include a more automated and user friendly subscription-based system. The current system in use is completely manual and limits the capability of trainers to only be able to serve a limited number of customers. Our understanding is that BLFN would like their new system to be automated and scalable in order to provide their services to multiple customers in many places at any given time.
People who hold a stake in this new system include the trainers of BLFN as well as their customers. The trainers will have the ability to manipulate data and fitness/nutrition plans. Their customers will have the ability to access all of the services of the web site on a membership basis. There will be a single administrator with power over all data and services.
Additional requirements that the client has requested include having a multi-lingual web site, video sharing and web hosting. These are requirements that will be considered to be outside of the sc...
... middle of paper ...
...al exercise and nutrition plans for each member. Exercise and nutrition plans will be incremented after an automated, set period of time but may also be paused or reversed at the discretion of the members.
There will also be services for administrative purposes which will help greatly in the upkeep and maintenance of the new web application. Basic CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) functions will be available to an administrator account to allow easy modification of data and services offered by the system.
The next step necessary in this project is to begin the construction of the new system. There is still some minor planning and analysis to do, but basic database and interface design can be started right away. At this stage, it is very important that Balanced Life, Fitness and Nutrition voice any new requests or changes that need to be made.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose of this paper is to provide information about nutrition and exercise in respect to the effects these two issues have on the maintenance of homeostasis of the body. For example, this student participated in a three week exercise, in which she set nutrition and exercise goals to restore and improve her overall health and homeostasis. Her goals included a dietary goal of eating three healthy meals a day rather than one meal and snacking on junk foods the rest of the time. In addition, set an exercise goal of walking around her neighborhood two to three times a week to restore, improve, and maintain her muscle tone and function ability due to sedentary levels of activity.... [tags: Nutrition, Fitness, Health]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Nutrition and fitness play two of the most important roles in human health, and it is not difficult to understand some of the consequences for ignoring their significance. Ignoring proper nutritional and fitness habits can lead to extreme health risks such as obesity; most of which will eventually cause serious health issues up to and including death. To decrease these serious health risks and promote favorable personal health, one should incorporate positive nutritional and fitness habits. The food that we put into our bodies is one of the most vital aspects of promoting good health because it acts as our personal fuel.... [tags: Human Health, Obesity, Health Risks]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Fitness education is, “A physical education teaching approach that focuses on knowledge and understanding of physical fitness and wellness” (Strand, Scantling and Johnson 360). As a student studying to be a physical education teacher I am greatly concerned that children are not getting enough exercise and making poor choices regarding nutrients. Physical fitness is broken down into five fitness components: body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular endurance and muscular strength.... [tags: Fitness Education Essays]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- A dollop of tomato paste - that is all that this is required for an other-wise high-sodium, high-fat, and high-grease food product to be labeled as a vegetable as voted by a lobbyist-controlled congress in November of 2011. Pizza, as it turns out, is now considered a vegetable by school nutrition standards (“A Veggie Pizza”). It is obvious, then, that such as decision was not perpetuated nor endorsed by activists campaigning for proper nutrition within in the school cafeteria. It was lobbyists, most likely independent or large business caterers, who gave the decision the political and monetary boost it needed.... [tags: Nutrition]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- A fitness boot camp is a kind of physical training program, which is conducted by personal trainers, gyms and other military personals. These programs have continued to increase in the past few years. Boot camp training will often combine interval training, running and many other exercises, like using weights for losing body fat, increasing cardiovascular efficiency and increasing strength. Many programs offered in boot camp are for nutrition advice as well. The term ‘boot camp’ is used because it will train people, mostly outdoors and this may not be always similar to military training.... [tags: Fitness]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction The most important health issue in today’s society is that of food-borne illness. However, with an annual increase of these pathogenic bacteria popularly known as food-borne illness which results to death, researchers have traced the cause to the intake of contaminated foods. In today’s society, the foundation of a healthy lifestyle is the sort of food consumed, the nutritional content and the physical fitness that food does to the human system. In essence, food is needed in the human system for growth and development, for the sustenance of life, and nourishment of the body.... [tags: Nutrition]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- Medical experts vindicate that following a regular fitness program is one of the most important things people can do to improve their health and prevent disease. Exercising makes the heart stronger and develop into a more efficient muscle. What else can regular fitness do for you. Improves Mental Focus Exercise improves your mental focus. Experts say that regular exercise helps keep your brain sharp by improving your focus and concentration. Studies show exercising decreases the chance of Alzheimer's disease.... [tags: Fitness]
687 words (2 pages)
- ... To lose weight fewer calories are needed. A low calorie diet will cause the body to use up stored body fat for energy, not consuming enough calories is known as a calorie deficit. Having a high calorie diet to gain eight will cause the body to bulk up. Consuming more calories is known as a calorie surplus. Depending on the goal the number of grams needed for the body varies. This does not mean sugars, oils and fast foods count as calories that benefit the body. Healthy nutrition is clean dieting with natural fats, natural sugars and proper balancing.... [tags: society, workouts, motivation, meal]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Nutrition If you go into any gym in the world and randomly ask 100 people to pinpoint the most important thing for achieving success in bodybuilding and fitness, you'd probably get just as many different answers. Most replies, however, would involve various training programs or styles. As important as training is, nutrition plays an equally large role — your diet is almost always responsible for either success or failure in bodybuilding and virtually any fitness program. Here I'll present a basic nutrition program that includes some key tips on nutritional timing, metabolic enhancement and preferred food and supplement choices.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Table of Contents Nutrition Therapy 1 Nutrition Consult 1 Meal planning 2 Body Weight Considerations 2 Psychosocial support. 3 Calorie Intake 4 Nutrient Composition of the Diet 4 Fat Intake 5 Carbohydrate Intake 6 Sucrose 6 Fructose 6 Vitamins and Minerals 7 Alcohol Intake 7 References 8 Nutrition Therapy The most fundamental component of the diabetes treatment plan for all patients with type II diabetes is medical nutrition therapy.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
2616 words (7.5 pages)