P.S. I need to borrow your cell phone tonight/today to order Chinese take out after mass. Because after all the masses tonight/today, I will go straight to bed.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas everyone. I would like to welcome all of you, families, relatives and friends visiting from out of town, to our Christmas Mass celebration today/tonight. On behalf of Father Tony, our deacons, and parish staff, I wish all of you and your family a happy and blessed Merry Christmas. May the Lord Infant Jesus fill your hearts with joy and peace on this Christmas Eve/Day.
The Christmas music had started. Shopping malls have been trying to get us in the Christmas spirit of giving, or at least, buying. Christmas has been decorated and Christmas carols have been sung. Christmas has begun with cribs, good shepherds, Silent Night, and the prophecy of Jesus has made powerful intervention in human history.
Christmas is a season of transformation. Through the birth of his Son, God has stepped in and re-created our world. For us in the Northern hemisphere, the season of Advent took place during the darkness days of the year when there is the least sunlight. The darkness days of the season of Advent have ended. Christmas is the season of hope because it reminds us that the darkness will come to an end and the light of Christ will triumph. ...
... middle of paper ...
...tred against. As long as we allow the hatred to remain within us, then we will be freezing ourselves to death in darkness. We have to fight off the coldness and darkness of our lives and our world with the warmness of Jesus’ love and light. We need to be transformed for our benefit and to bring transformation for others also. We cannot allow past hurts and present prejudices to destroy our opportunity to bring Christ’s light to those in darkness. We must allow Jesus’ love to flow through us for others.
This is our work as Christians and believers. This is the work of Christmas. This is the season of transformation. This is how we are invited to transform and prepare our heart and soul to welcome Jesus, the light of the world and the Prince of Peace, to come in this season of Christmas. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Political Novels of The Jungle and Johnny Got His Gun Introduction: Although writing has been around for thousands of years, the medium of books is a relatively recent phenomenon. In the mid 15th century, German Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press that made multiple, cheap copies of works that were easily available for the masses. With the help of other technological developments including the linotype in the mid-1880’s, the printing process became easier and faster and therefore books became cheaper and more available.... [tags: Politics Junge Johnny Gun Essays Papers]
5117 words (14.6 pages)
- A blonde curly hair, blue eyed little girl stood in front of her home at 3234 75th Avenue Place in the small city of Merrillville, Indiana with her nephew that looked like he had a full background of a Hispanic family with his dark skin, hair, and eyes. Averey and Johnny were befuddled to be brother and sister, but they were in fact, aunt and nephew that were the same age. Avery had a troubled older sister that she could pass to be her full blood sister. Her sister blessed her with Johnny when she was 14 years old however her sister didn’t want to accept the fact she had to grow up to be able to take care of her first baby instead she made the choice to give Johnny to her parents to give him... [tags: Father, Mother, Family, Parent]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- A blonde curly hair blue eyed little girl stood in front of her home at 3234 75th Avenue Place in the small city of Merrillville Indiana with her nephew that looked like he had a full background of a hispanic family with his dark skin, hair, and eyes. Averey and Johnny were befuddled to be brother and sister but they were in fact aunt and nephew that were the same age. Avery had a troubled older sister that she could pass to be her full blood sister. Her sister blessed her with Johnny when she was 14 years old however her sister didn’t want to accept the fact she had to grow up to be able to take care of her first baby instead she made the choice to give Johnny to her parents to give him the... [tags: Mother, Father, Family, Parent]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Need shapeshifters, bunnyman, abyss, Graveyards • Dapper Cadaver This was a Texas story. I wrote it about the same time that I wrote Crypt Curiosity. There was one of those mighty fearsome Texas thunderstorms going on, and I imagined what a dance with death in physical form might be like. This one has taken me yeeaarrsssss to edit it just the way I like it. Well, worth it, I think. • Crypt Curiosity I wrote this story after a very hot halloween evening in Texas. (I got sunburned. Yes. On Halloween.... [tags: Short story, Writing, Woman, A Story]
1659 words (4.7 pages)
- This paper seeks to show the comparison and the scrutiny of “"The Mad Trapper"” as a novel and its adaptation as a film. Both as a book and as a film it provides a good fiction which attracts an affluent legacy of folks, fables and myths. Rudy Wiebe’s recent novel The Mad Trapper (1980), the legend, presents a basis for the frame. Further than any distress with chronological events, the writer categorically depicts legendary dimensions to intertwine his fiction into conflict. Weibe’s argument, nevertheless, is not merely involving thermo and Albert Johnson; his contention lies amid the impending desires of self independence and reliability and the problem of multifaceted and distant progres... [tags: Movie and Story Analysis, Summary]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- “Cash’s music stood for simple values: dignity, compassion for working people and the conviction that music has the power to make our world a better place.” Though Johnny Cash had his demons throughout his life, he lived with a purpose to uplift the spirits of people who listened to his music. With the help of his raw gospel sound and tenacity, he ultimately became a game changer for the history of country music. Some specific setbacks and experiences of Johnny Cash’s life such as his childhood through his time in the Air Force, his drug addiction, his Christian faith, his spousal relationships, and his outlaw image have influenced the painful and sense of hardship messages that resonate in... [tags: Johnny Cash, Country music, Drug addiction]
2521 words (7.2 pages)
- The Little Red Cap is about a young girl, who wears a red velvet cap that her grandmother had handmade for her which is why it is titled the Little Red Cap. One day her asks her to take some cake and wine to her grandmother, and tells her not to stray from the path because there is danger in the trees. While walking along the path, a wolf pops out in front of the little girl, and she tells him that she is going to her grandmother’s house to drop off some wine and cake. Without thinking clearly, she tells the wolf the exact directions to her grandmother 's house and he persuades her to go pick flowers for the grandmother off the path.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Grandma Moses, Talk radio]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Johnny Walker Sera walked into Circle K on fifth st. without noticing it had not been remodeled since 1986, and that someone from another, more financially kept city might actually find the convenience store to be disgusting, the dirt being so thick on the windows that you could only see blurry faces on the inside. Inside she saw five people in the store and believed that all of them were staring at her, looking through her like they knew more about herself than she did. The clerk, she thought, had even looked up from her monotonous duties at the cash register to glance her wrinkled leathery face in Sera's direction.... [tags: Johnny Walker Short Story Essays]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- William Gibson's Johnny Mnemonic "Johnny Mnemonic," is a short story written by William Gibson. It appears in a book of short stories written by Gibson called Burning Chrome in 1986. Gibson is a writer of science fiction and one of the first to write in the new genre called cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is a type of fiction that examines a futuristic world dominated by computer technology, massive cartels, and cyberspace. In other words, its an artificial universe created through the linkup of tens of millions of machines (Gibson 904).... [tags: William Gibson Johnny Mnemonic Essays Papers]
2187 words (6.2 pages)
- I have chosen to write about Johnny Cash. He is a popular country music legend whose life spanned 1932 to 2003. I have chosen the Behavioral Model in order to portray his life and actions. The Behavioral Model and behavioral theorists believe that our actions are determined by our experiences in life. The focus of this model is on the subject’s behaviors in response to their environment. These behaviors can either be external or internal. Learned behaviors can help some people cope and lead to productive activities in life.... [tags: Music, Country Music]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- The Sixties : A Long March
- The Scarlet Letter By Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Graduation Speech : If Laces Was A School For Breeding The Next Generation Of Politicians
- Lysistrat An Original Comedy Written By Aristophanes And Performed
- No God But God : The Origins, Evolution And Future Of Islam
- Analysis Of Mary Shelley 's ' Frankenstein '