Heartbroken Over Christmas
Heartbroken over Christmas how can anyone be heartbroken over Christmas it’s a happy time of year children behaving, Santa, and his happy elf’s in every store, houses full of wonderful baked goods, well let me tell you a little story.
It was December 24th Christmas eve and everybody in the neighborhood was having a family get gatherings you could see all the cars piling up the neighbors house. You could smell the ham, and turkeys everyone was making to feed the family. My sister and I were just sitting outside the house enjoying the smell of a home cooked meal. We got a bunch of looks because our parents weren’t even home. It was just us we were 10 and 8 and the time of this Christmas Eve, and our parents decided that this was not an important day in our lives. This was when my mother and bio- father were still together. They always said they were working well needless to say they were never home anyways. There life’s was much more important than ours.
Then the very next day was December 25th and everybody but my sister and I were opening presents, you could hear all the kids on the block screaming with excitement over what they got from Santa. Needless to say once again our parents weren’t home. This was our ordinary daily lives, tragic to some, however it was normal to us. We relied on each other and this Christmas was no different than others prior .That’s when our parents decided to get a devoice, this was around December 20th 1997 that’s when Joe walked out and never looked back. Our mother decided that she would get with the scumbag she was so madly in love with when Joe wasn’t around, and he was the worst step-dad in the planet he told my mother that Christmas was a joke and no kid d...
... middle of paper ...
...ed and he thought it was funny. Never, ever have I had a dull or lame Christmas or Christmas Eve since I’ve been living with them. every year I go in and ask Landon if he is going to break my present and he says after what happened the first time he wasn’t going to do that anymore because it only brings back bad memories, and still to this day I cherish every moment of Christmas with my in-laws because they treat me like I’m one of their own kid. They always get me something that I’ve never had. I’m going to make sure that my kids never ever have to go without for Christmas because I’m going to be so much more for them than what my sister and I had.
So no matter what kind of upbringing you have or where you got your start if you’re willing to be open- minded and lucky enough to find a warm, kind hearted, and loving family the rest is all traditions, and memories.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Every December and January in the United States friends and families gather to celebrate the upcoming holidays. In preparation for Christmas it is common to see lights hung on houses, Christmas trees decorated with ornaments, kids writing out their wish list to Santa Claus, and even Santa himself riding through multiple neighborhoods on a fire truck. When the New Year rolls around, it is common in the United States for friends and loved ones to stay up until midnight, gather around the television to watch the ball drop, and possibly enjoy a few celebratory drinks as well.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1035 words (3 pages)
- “Christmas, Christmas time is near. Time for toys and time for cheer.” Almost anyone can sing along to this Christmas Carol, but many can not relate to the lyrics. Christmas time is a joy for many, it is spent with their family opening presents. All around the world many children do not get to enjoy the luxury of Christmas presents around this holiday, and there are many in the community near you who do not have this privilege. The program that has been designed to be a help for communities all over the country is the Christmas Share outreach.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Christmas comes around once each year but there is a lot to do before Christmas Day. Christmas Day is December 25th and usually people start counting down the days till Christmas starting on December 1st. Of course, my family is different. We start counting down the days till Christmas right after Thanksgiving Day. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday for various reasons, one being that I love decorating our Christmas tree. Another thing I love to do is make Christmas goodies with my family. Lastly, I love receiving presents.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas music]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Christmas is a wonderful time of year filled with decorations, cookies, Christmas lights and a huge Christmas tree. As I was growing up the Christmas tree was the biggest thing to have in our family. It was the very first thing we would beg to be put up so we could decorate it however we wanted it. We had a nine foot tall Christmas tree that would sit right as you walked in to our living room. My brothers and I was always so excited to have it brought up the steps and set up to where we could decorate it and put the angel on the very tip top of the tree.... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Christmas lights]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I’m telling you why Santa Claus is coming to town (John Frederick Coots and Haven Gillespie). Christmas is around the corner, and kindness and happiness are full filling people souls. The wonderful Christmas tree smell that invade the living room gives you the sense of being on a real mountain. Also, enjoying the snow from the window with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book give you so much peace to your inner self. Overall, Christmas sounds like a lovely time where everybody is full of joy.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas carol]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Bright lights and cheerful colors are usually the first things that come to mind when you think of Christmas. Your mind can easily imagine the feel of the fluffy white snow as well as the crisp, fresh smell of peppermint in the air. This holiday is my favorite day of the year, for the joyous atmosphere it spreads all around. In America, Christmas is considered a significant event. Not only does it celebrate happiness and a time for being with family, but it also celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and been transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities. The same study also revealed that 81 percent of non-Christians, including atheists, Buddhists, and Hindus, also observe the holiday.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- While consumers wake up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to rush to the malls for the best deals of the year, the beginning of the holiday season is marked by the handful of movie marathons featuring holiday classics. The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Among the many countries in the world, Philippines is distinctly known to have the longest Christmas season. Preparations for the holiday start as early as September because Filipinos consider the months ending with the syllable ‘ber’ as Christmas months. The celebration ends on the Feast of Epiphany or Three Kings which is celebrated on the first Sunday after New Year. Christmas is a time for Filipinos to set aside their personal problems and for once give in to the spirit of giving and sharing.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1027 words (2.9 pages)