A Heck of a Day
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that 's a full day. That 's a heck of a day. ' ' Jim Valvano said that twenty years ago, I was not even born. I try to make my days unforgettable, since I wake up until go to bed; no one knows when God may call me and get me out of the game so I live one day at the time. Honestly, it is hard to live a day as Valvano said but one week ago I lived my heck of a day.
June 28th 5:00 AM, Orlando International Airport, I was about to make a decision that can change my life and my relationship with Isabella, my dear friend who I know since a year ago. It was an announcement or as is known worldwide among young people, I would leave the "friend zone". I was going to do that with the help of two friends, who no matter the time, were there to support me. I arrived before her to the airport, my plan was to surprise her while she was doing the check-in, and when she was ready to go to the terminal I would say what I feel for her. It sounds easy, but inside of me my heart was beating so fast, in my head millions of thoughts came and went, and the wait was eternal. But one thing was certain, there was no turning back, if I did this, I could no regret; in fact, I should not regret.
It was supposed that she had to be at the airport at 6:00 AM, it was 5:45 and I decided that I could not surprise her with empty hands, so I decided to go to one of the airports shops and buy something nice to prepare her for the announcement. I bought her a letter and chocolates; while I was paying, the cashier said to me "Chocolates, a letter, and so early in the morning, somebody came to ask for an apology". I just laughed and paid the things, and then the cashier said "Good luck". Maybe that could be a signa...
... middle of paper ...
... our relationship and I hope you have a good trip". She was shocked, but she looked at me with eyes that fell in love. I gave him the letter and chocolates, she began to cry, I cry to mourn and she hugged me. I kissed her on the forehead, told him to take care and we talked about this when she came back, I turned around and she shouted me an I love you, I smiled like a kid in Christmas.
I came back where my friends were and I started thinking that what I did was right, that despite what she will tell me, I’d be fine with myself. I had just experienced a day full of emotions, one day that I can tell to my grandchildren. Before leaving the airport I received a message from her saying "I love you", I smiled again, I looked up and I see a phrase from Jim Valvano on a wall "If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that 's a full day. That 's a heck of a day. ' ' You’re righ
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- EXT. MIAMI BEACH - AFTERNOON Funny nurse CHINA LILLY GRACE is arguing with Kind doctor CASPER BLACK GHOST. LILLY tries to hug BLACK but he shakes her off. LILLY Please black, don 't leave me. BLACK I 'm sorry Lilly, but I 'm looking for somebody a bit more brave. Somebody who faces her fears head on, instead of running away. LILLY I am such a person. BLACK frowns. BLACK I 'm sorry, Lilly. I just don 't feel excited by this relationship anymore. BLACK leaves. LILLY sits down, looking defeated. Moments later, Sexy nurse DENNYS ROSE GOMEZ barges in looking flustered.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2008 singles, 2006 singles]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- She could careless about the TV and went on speaking, “No. You have no clue. You know that my mother and I had an intense fight back in January, and she didn’t give me a choice other than pack the three things I had all in a suitcase and get the heck out of there. Now I live in a mousetrap. Just the thought of seeing those fluffy, grisly, grimy, rodents I have to put up with every morning, as I’m making coffee, makes me sick and terrified of coming back. There are times I must cry and scream in the silent dark.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Mother insult]
2014 words (5.8 pages)
- Everyone has experienced a death before whether it 's your pet fish, hamster or cat. Death doesn 't always make it easier each time though. When you’re young it 's not as easy to explain to you why someone dies. At 5 or even 50 you still always wonder "why". There is never an easy way to tell someone. It’s even harder to explain to your seven year old why grandpa no longer is going to be around. All of the things you guys did with each other like going to the park, watching your favorite TV show with them.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, 2007 singles, Father]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- The book To Kill a Mockingbird was written by Harper Lee. It was published in 1960 then it went on to win the Pulitzer prize in 1961 and was later made into an Academy Award winning film. Harper Lee always considered her book to be a simple love story. Today it is regarded as a masterpiece of American Literature. There are so many characters in this book that I can't name all of them. Here are most of the characters. The Finch family contains of Atticus (The head of the household), Aunt Alexandra (Atticus's sister), (Jem) Jeremy (The oldest of Atticus's two children), (Scout) Jean Louise (The youngest of the two .... [tags: To Kill a Mockingbird Essays]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- “Oh, my God. Good Lord, please help me. I’m going down. My plane’s about to hit the ground. I can’t feel my face. I’m bleeding from the nose. Oh, Jesus, I’m going to die!” “Grandpa, wake up. You’re not dying. Don’t worry!” “Huh. Oh, good morning, Cameron. What the heck just happened here?” “You were having a nightmare. I had to shake you to help you awaken!” “Yeah—I must have fallen asleep while watching an old war movie again.” “Which one did you see?” “I think it was Sole Survivor.” “Can’t say I’ve ever seen it.... [tags: High school, 2005 singles, Middle school]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- Summary of the Day’s Activities At the beginning of class, students were given a warm-up activity through the Elmo where they were to asked to multiply two polynomials together. Students proceeded to write down the problem, complete it, and discuss with their neighbors what the solution was. After discussing the problem, students simply kept conversing with one another until Mrs. Botts proceeded to the front of the room to start the lesson after removing the problem from the Elmo. The class finished working problems, displayed by the Elmo, from a previous lesson together, specifically word problems dealing with operations on polynomials.... [tags: Human behavior, Psychology, The Work, Classroom]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- News Summary and Reaction ASTRONOMY “A New Black Hole” “Scientific American Evidence that the heavens house a previously unknown type of black hole was reported by scientists yesterday. Data from NASA’s Chandra X-Ray Observatory revealed a hole was some 600 light-years from the center of the starburst galaxy M82. The brightness of the x-ray source indicates that this moon-size hole has the mass of at least 500 suns, making it intermediate between stellar black holes and the supermassive black holes found at the centers of galaxies.... [tags: Summary and Response]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- Summary of The First Day With the loss of Forts Henry and Donelson in February, General Johnston withdrew his Confederate forces into west Tennessee, northern Mississippi and Alabama to reorganize. In early March, General Halleck responded by ordering General Grant to move his Union Army of West Tennessee on an invasion up the Tennessee River. Occupying Pittsburg Landing, Grant had no thought of a Confederate attack. Halleck's instructions were that following the arrival of General Buell's Army of the Ohio from Nashville, Grant would move south in a joint offensive to seize the Memphis & Charleston Railroad, the Confederacy's only east-west all weather supply route that linked the lower Mi... [tags: Battle of Shiloh War History Essays]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- Financial Planning and Management Summary ▲ Financial planning links the goals a business wants to achieve in the future and the resources it will need to achieve these goals. It is also concerned with evaluating the financial resource of a business. Strategic financial management is about setting the goals throughout the business and deciding what resources will be needed to achieve these goals. The main objective of financial management is to properly account for the income and expenditure of a business in order to maximise the value of that business to it’s owners.... [tags: Economic Financial Planning Strategy Summary]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- Go Ask Alice Summary An unnamed fifteen-year-old diarist, whom the novel's title refers to as Alice, starts a diary. With a sensitive, observant style, she records her adolescent agony: she worries about what her crush Roger thinks of her; she despises her weight gain; she fears her budding sexuality; she is uncomfortable at school; she has difficulty relating to her parents. Alice's father, a college professor, accepts a teaching position at a different college and the family will move at the start of the new year, which cheers Alice up.... [tags: Summary Ask Alice Book Review]
1248 words (3.6 pages)