Suicide attempt is a potentially self-injurious behavior with a non-fatal outcome, for which there is an evidence that the person intended at some level to kill himself/ herself (Kola 1). In simple words a person tries to kill himself/herself by poison, injury and many other ways. Then intent to commit suicide is called suicidal ideation. Now a days, many people committing suicide in which most of them is the youth generation. Why it happens?. When a person feels frustrated, agitated, presence of hopelessness and there are no other ways to solve a problem, when they give up and screwed the last option they can think of is suicide Now the question arises suicide among males is more or among females ?. In this topic, I am going to explode who commits more suicide males or females, why it happens, what are the factors that affects life and the ways we can help.
Suicide before the age of 15 is uncommon. Most of suicide among children and adolescents occur late in adolescence period. According to published data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2009, the suicide rate for children ages 10 to 14 was 1.3 per 100,000, adolescents ages 15 to 19 was 7.75, per 100,000, and for young adults ages 20 to 24 was 12.5 per 100,000. There is no doubt that the suicide rate are increasing day by day. According to a survey suicide is the second leading cause of death in Canadians and 27 other European Union countries aged 15 to 24 years. and it is the 10 leading cause of death globally. In 2009, The age-adjusted suicide rate those 10–19 years old in the USA was 4.50 per 100 000 (7). and the suicide rate in boys is higher than in girls. numerous explanation has been proposed for th...
... middle of paper ...
...han females. Suicide is a noteworthy patron to death rates in kids and youths. we likewise learnt numerous reasons like past suicide endeavors can expand the danger of future self-destructive conduct in youngsters and immature, substance use is additionally the other reason, sexual manhandle likewise a major variable for the self-destructive endeavors. so as we learnt there are numerous strategies we can individuals who need to submit suicide and even to the youthful era by showing them in school, by offering them with their issues, some assistance with asking them what would we be able to accomplish for them to help or is there any way we can overcome from the issue. indeed, even the administration is chipping away at to stop all these self-destructive cases still there are numerous things that will stay unsolved like malady issues )}
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Child Adolescent and suicide Suicide attempt is a potentially self-injurious behavior with a non-fatal outcome, for which there is an evidence that the person intended at some level to kill himself/ herself (Kola 1). In simple words a person tries to kill himself/herself by poison, injury and many other ways. Then intent to commit suicide is called suicidal ideation. Now a days, many people committing suicide in which most of them is the youth generation. Why it happens?. When a person feels frustrated, agitated, presence of hopelessness and there are no other ways to solve a problem, when they give up and screwed the last option they can think of is suicide Now the question ar... [tags: Suicide, Bipolar disorder, Death]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- It may seem like there 's no way to solve your problems and that suicide is the only way to end the pain. But you can take steps to stay safe and start enjoying your life again. Suicide means taking your own life. This can be a cause of a tragic reaction to stressful life situations. If you are considering committing suicide or knowing of someone it’s important to learn suicide warning signs, this way you may save your own or someone’s else life. Suicide is known to be extremely common in United States (Han, Mckeon, & Gfroerer, 2014).... [tags: Suicide, Bipolar disorder, Parasuicide]
716 words (2 pages)
- Suicide Among Adolescents Suicide is a common occurrence among adolescents in the United States. Suicide is defined as, “death caused by self-directed injurious behavior with an intent to die as a result of the behavior” (CDC, 2015). According to John Santrock (2014), “Suicide is the third leading cause of death in adolescence and emerging adulthood” (p. 67). This alarming fact brings parents and communities to examine what causes suicide, how often it occurs, what solutions can be presented to prevent this occurrence, and how suicide can be considered from a biblical perspective.... [tags: Suicide, Adolescence, Death, Suicide methods]
1043 words (3 pages)
- The Suicide Plan is about assisted suicides, and how most people want to determine how they are going to die. A man mentioned in the video, John Wells was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer a few months before his suicide, and had always told his loved ones that he would take his own life. His best friend of many years, Hunt Williams, took his friends wishes into consideration, and helped him plan his suicide. Hunt stood there as John put the gun into his mouth and took his own life. Hunt pronounced him dead just seconds after the shot was fired.... [tags: Suicide, Suicide methods, Émile Durkheim]
1764 words (5 pages)
- Assisted Suicide in Canada In this essay I will be discussing how assisted suicide became legal in Canada, by examining the development, history, current status, my prediction and my opinion of assisted suicide. In “Carter v. Canada (Attorney General)”, discusses the development of how assisted suicide became legal in Canada, for patients who were adults and suffering from a disease. Before this case, under “section 241(b) of the criminal code says that everyone who aids or abets a person in committing suicide commits an indictable offence, and s.14 says that no person may consent to death being inflicted on them” (“Carter”).... [tags: Suicide, Death, Suicide methods, Suffering]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- In 2014 there were more than 42,773 suicide deaths reported (Suicide Facts). Many things play a role in suicide deaths such as: depression, bullying, and fighting. In many cases people have demonstrated clear warning signs. Psychologists have done a lot research to find out that depression is leading cause in suicidal death. In relation to that there are a lot of types of suicide: Egoistic, Altruistic, Fatalistic Anomic. Even though some people do not catch the warning signs others may.... [tags: Suicide, Suicide methods, Meaning of life]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- What would you do if you were terminally ill and experienced excruciating pain daily. As daunting as this sounds, this is the reality many people are faced with. There aren’t many things that could be done, so physician assisted suicide attempts to be an answer to this unfortunate situation. Although physician assisted suicide would end a terminally ill person’s suffering, there are a few negative consequences of the procedure. First, a physician assisted suicide would violate the Hippocratic Oath that doctors swear to abide by remain certified as a physician and allowed to practice.... [tags: Suicide, Death, Ethics, Suicide methods]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Causes of Suicide This essay examines the reasons why a person of good physical health decides to terminate their own life. It does not consider euthanasia, assisted or forced suicide. Compared to most aspects of psychological health it is limited in scope for research – no “follow-up” can be performed, if the act is completed, and no ethical panel would approve experiments to demonstrate a causal link. Suicide has “no one single cause or stressor” according to the Lancet 2011. Before elaborating on what causes suicide it should be understood what we mean by cause.... [tags: Suicide]
2145 words (6.1 pages)
- Teen suicide is the most preventable that cause teen to end their live in United States. Suicide means to kill oneself, it comes from a Latin root word sui, "self", and caedere, "to kill". It means many things to different people: tragic, shocking, horrifying, enraging, mysterious, a relief, shameful and many other meanings. When one suicide is attempted again by another suicide is called suicide cluster. Suicide can happen to anyone near you and not realizing it. Although depression is the most common cause of teen suicide, we support and help teens with suicidal thoughts and feelings, so for teen who wants to recover from suicide, teens have access to mental health service treatments. In... [tags: Suicide, The Complete Manual of Suicide]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- Emile Durkheim, is the founder of sociology who conceived many theories, in the concept of suicide and its relationship with society. Durkheim’s book “Suicide” makes a distinction between suicide and suicide rate in relation with society. Durkheim conducted his research in a longitudinal study from various countries. He studied the suicide number and compared the mortality rate of different regions. His case study of suicide, explored the differences of suicide rates between social, economic and religious groups.... [tags: Sociology, Suicide, Suicide methods]
721 words (2.1 pages)