Consequently, some gender has a tendency to commit more than the other. In recent studies it shows that ages 10-24 are most likely to commit suicide (Suicide Trends among Persons Aged 10-24). Gender wise me are most common to commit. In some cases suicidal attempts are not successful and they can be helped. However, in some cases it is just too late. Men are more likely to commit suicide than others (Suicide). Researchers have suggested that men with depression go unrecognized and untreated than women (ibid). Women are more likely to talk to someone than men are (ibid). Men are more likely to hold it in considering it as a weakness; where as women are more open about it (ibid). Men are almost more likely to turn to alcohol or other drug substances (ibid). In addition, men are more likely to use more lethal methods than women to commit to suicide (ibid). Some examples that men have done are jumping from high areas, hanging, and another big one would be intoxication (ibid).
In gruesome detail, there are so many ways that people can commit suicide. Drug overdose, firearm, hanging, chemical weapon, carbon monoxide, suffocating, vehicle, poisoning, ...
... middle of paper ...
...ailable every single day at every single second. They have a lot of numbers online that you can look up and call. They are good to call if you feel like you don’t have anyone to talk to. If you do not want to tell that one person you always have them to talk to as that friend; even though you do not know them and probably have never met them before either.
The last thing that I have is if you have caught the warning signs you can take them to a rehab center. Even if they have tried it and they were not successful this is a great place to take them. They offer them in about every state. Trained specialists are there to work with them to get them back to their normal selves and not someone they are not. They are trying to better that person and that person’s family. In many cases this has been a success and has saved many lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sometimes in life there are moments that one can think, ‘I would never be able to do that!’ the numbers of people who may say this are the ones that take their own life. Possibly in an attempt to escape the stresses of today’s society, that linger in their mind that they cannot seem to overcome. Everyday people willingly take their lives, without regard to the difficulties they have left on their family and friends. There have been studies on why people commit suicide, but no one has come up with a definite explanation.... [tags: Social Studies]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- “Amanda Todd was a 15 year old girl when she committed suicide because she was blackmailed, bullied, and physically assaulted on social media” (NoBullying). Suicide is a very serious issue that happens to appear frequently. Kids figure that they have no one to go to and get help, so they choose this path instead. “Suicide is responsible for nearly 4,500 deaths of kids every year” (CyberBullyHotline). It is also ranked 3rd for what causes the most deaths in the U.S. About 20% of teens will have the thought of suicide but 1 in 10 usually attempt it” (CyberBullyHotline).... [tags: Mental disorder, Psychiatry, Suicide]
1854 words (5.3 pages)
- ... A Genogram is a family diagram used to collect and organize information about the family. As the therapist works with families, he or she should remain free of emotional entanglements in order to avoid feeling stuck. In the use of Relationship Experiments, clients are asked to try new behaviors, as well as, to pay attention to the process that is taking place. The use of coaching and the “I-Position,” can be used cultivate responses, help people take a personal stance, as well as, say how they feel.... [tags: family treatment, drugs, therapy]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- The number of teenager’s committing suicide is rapidly growing. Approximately 30,000 people die because of suicide a year, and 750,000 have attempted suicide. (“Suicide Causes”). There are many reasons people are committing suicide. Drug abuse, depression, low self-esteem, feeling helpless, any type of abuse, etc. People are committing suicide mainly because of bullying, abuse, and stress. Stress can come from a lot of different things, which could make somebody feel the need to take their own lives.... [tags: Leading Cause Deaths, Teenage Suicide Rates]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Suicide Among Adolescents Suicide is a common occurrence among adolescents in the United States. Suicide is defined as, “death caused by self-directed injurious behavior with an intent to die as a result of the behavior” (CDC, 2015). According to John Santrock (2014), “Suicide is the third leading cause of death in adolescence and emerging adulthood” (p. 67). This alarming fact brings parents and communities to examine what causes suicide, how often it occurs, what solutions can be presented to prevent this occurrence, and how suicide can be considered from a biblical perspective.... [tags: Suicide, Adolescence, Death, Suicide methods]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Causes of Suicide This essay examines the reasons why a person of good physical health decides to terminate their own life. It does not consider euthanasia, assisted or forced suicide. Compared to most aspects of psychological health it is limited in scope for research – no “follow-up” can be performed, if the act is completed, and no ethical panel would approve experiments to demonstrate a causal link. Suicide has “no one single cause or stressor” according to the Lancet 2011. Before elaborating on what causes suicide it should be understood what we mean by cause.... [tags: Suicide]
2145 words (6.1 pages)
- Like every afternoon, James Mendel is outside hanging out with his friends playing football after school. It was a thing for them to always play every day. Until one day, his friends noticed that James was not there to play with them. They also noticed that he was not even at school that day. This continued on for days, until his friends were told the shocking news to why he had been gone. James is suicidal and wants to take his life away. Ever since then, he isolated himself from all of his friends, and suffered from depression.... [tags: Suicide, Suicide methods, Bipolar disorder]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- “Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.” - Phil Donahue. As a complex, tragic public health issue, suicide occurs in men significantly more often than in women. Suicide is simply defined as the act of intentionally ending one’s own life, however, the factors that play into a person making that decision are anything but simple. The most evident and severe effect of suicide is the loss of a valuable, meaningful human life. According to Harvard School of Public Health (n.d.), suicide affects parents, children, siblings, friends, lovers, and spouses; the loss to society is psychological, spiritual, and financial.... [tags: suicide rates, depression, suicide prevention]
1479 words (4.2 pages)
- Suicide sadly, is something that happens in many different age groups, including adolescence and sometimes even younger generations. The only true way to prevent suicide is by paying close attention and making sure someone could be suicidal gets proper counseling. Letting someone know that are not allow is extremely important in preventing suicide, make sure they feel they have someone to talk to who can relate to them and will not judge them. Crandell et al says that adolescence is 13-19-year old’s, this is not a point in someone’s life where they can always find perspective and see the future.... [tags: Suicide, Mental disorder, Suicide methods]
1040 words (3 pages)
- When people think about suicide, they think about someone taking their life away on purpose, or in other words it means, “to kill yourself” (Marcus 1). Suicide is a dramatic word that can change the way people view things in life. It is a thought that brings a teen to the point of self-murder. It is an event where a young one feels desperation and pain just before pulling the trigger or jumping off the bridge. Many of those who have thought about suicide or have committed suicide have done so because their life has changed, and many are having difficulty adjusting to it.... [tags: Teenage Suicide Essays]
1923 words (5.5 pages)