Essay PreviewMore ↓
One day when I really have kids, and they are girls, I am going to name them Julia- Love and Lauren Ashley. If I have a boy, I am going to name him Colton Bradley. Hopefully, whomever I marry will think the same. I have decided I only want a few children, about 3, but I definitely do not want to be a pregnant mom in school, taking care of a child when I am only a kid myself. I know I would have to focus on my schoolwork instead of taking care of a baby. I gave Lauren Ashley a certain time to play and then it was naptime for sugar baby. She needed her rest for the next day because we would have to go to school, then daycare all over again.
How to Cite this Page
"Sugar Baby Simulation." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Nov 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Sweet!” People use the word as a replacement for awesome as much as they love sweet things. Indeed, sweetness is the first taste a newborn baby recognizes, and it is crucial for living; it gives energy and is important as the sole energy source of the brain (Sigelman & Rider 184). While people have heard that sugar can be dangerous, it seems they do not much care about it. In fact, it is not widely known how bad it is or the consequences, yet people can access sugar products very easily. In a cultural context, sweet things are usually used as a reward or a gift; there are even candy holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter and Halloween.... [tags: Sweet Things, Food, Health, Sugar]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- What is your guilty pleasure. It seems to be that people just can’t get enough sugar . Many people in this country have high sugary diets. Americans are consuming too much sugar, but is not all our fault because food is already sugar coated when it gets to the table. Sugar is highly addictive and damaging to the body, there are many factors that contribute to in healthy eating or ingesting sugar like economic stasis, availability of healthy foods and cultural influences. Sugar is present in almost all foods and drinks we consume.... [tags: high blood pressure, lactose, sucrose, sugar]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Description: Recently returned from my Christmas break, I participated in the Simulation day at Blackpool Hospital. Once at the training centre, we were given an outline and introduction to the simulation training. We were given a refreshment course on the basic life support where we could ask questions, which helped prepare us for the simulations. Following this we were split in groups and completed our first scenario. The simulation was conducted in front of the instructors and our peers who were hidden behind a one way mirror.... [tags: Communication, Better, Improve, Simulation]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Abstract The simulation exercise consisted of a scenario in which the student was to be a manager at an up and coming facility. There were 3 sets of tasks to be accomplished, and the results of the student's choices given immediately to the student. Each choice affected the outcome in some way, whether positive or negative. Simulation Paper Upon completion of this exercise, I discovered how truly difficult it is to make managerial decisions. The adage "You can never please everyone all of the time" holds true.... [tags: Manager Management Simulation Exercise]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Benefits of reducing sugar intake are many and can be drastic. Better weight management means less risk of obesity and the many related health effects that come with it. Significantly decreased risk of type two diabetes means no daily insulin shots, no loss of feeling in extremities, and zero daily blood testing. Reducing sugar intake lowers your risk for heart disease, currently the number one killer in the United States. Together these health benefits paint a clear picture that reducing sugar intake has a significant health benefit and can possibly lead to a longer more healthy life.... [tags: Sugar, Nutrition, Marketing, Obesity]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Sugar is considered a toxic poison. Sugar leaches the calcium out of the skeletal frame of a human’s body. Sugar literally sucks the calcium straight from our bones; therefore it is known to many as a “skeletal poisonous powder.” There are thousands of individuals struggling throughout the United States with sugar addiction. Sugar is a leading cause of a number of health-related issues. Sugar causes health issues such as, fibromyalgia, diabetes, obesity, and osteoporosis. Like me, many individuals have no clue that they are addicted to sugar.... [tags: Sugar Addiction Study and Intervention]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Business Regulation Simulation: Alumina Inc. Alumina is a 4 billion dollar aluminum manufacturer based in the US. Although the company operates out of 8 different countries, 70% of Alumina's sales derive from the US market. Five years ago, during a regular compliance inspection, Alumina was found to be in violation of environmental discharge norms due to high levels of PAH (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon). Following this discovery, the EPA ordered a clean up and Alumina was found to be in compliance during subsequent inspections.... [tags: Business Regulation Simulation Analysis]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- In Watermelon Sugar and Tunnel Music The clearest vision of reality is often the most abstract. While the rise of science and progress suffocate the notion of an extrasensory experience within the reading of literature, the phenomena persist. Meanings are communicated, participating in a magnificent cosmic-cultural aura, penetrating a communication of meaning, intent, and scandalously--truth. There is a process of intertextuality occurring, a conversation between authors, texts themselves, and the readers who venture to interpret them.... [tags: Watermelon Sugar]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- Jamaican Sugar Plantations When beginning to discuss sugar plantations in Jamaica, the word slavery comes to mind. This thought occurs because of the crucial role that the slaves played in attempting to make these plantations successful. During the 18th century, "the so-called sugar colonies were the most valuable possessions of overseas empires" (Floyd, 38). Sugar plantations produced money for not only the economy of Jamaica, but for their motherland England as well. Essentially these plantations were created because the aristocrats in Europe needed something to sweeten all of their drinks.... [tags: Jamaica Sugar Essays History]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Analysis of the Stock Market Simulation There are many risks that people take in their lives. Yet, investing in the stock market is one of the riskiest things to do. All the money that has been saved over years, possibly saved over a lifetime, could all be lost in the blink of an eye. The Great Depression was triggered by the most well-known stock market crash in history, another crash happened in 1987, and one could happen any moment. However, people invest to make money and through this simulation strategies and a basic understanding were compiled to get a perspective on the risk and tasks involved in investing.... [tags: essays research papers]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
Day two of my journey in motherhood began with a well-baby checkup and her first shots. There is a lot to keep up with when you have a baby. She has to have her checkup and immunizations on time. Lauren Ashley had a little colic, so we are putting simethicone drops in her formula for gas. She loves to be bounced and rocked in the recliner; I think it makes her tummy feel better. Lauren Ashley loves to just sit there and stare at you. When I smiled at her and tickled her she would smile back, then I knew she was happy. There is nothing better than to see your own child smile at you. I had to take Lauren Ashley to Toys-R-Us today and everyone was staring at me. I think they were commenting on how young I was with a baby. Being a teenage mom, you have to get used to people talking about you and making comments. Buying all that formula was so expensive; I bought it by the case and it was around $50.00. Plus, I had to buy a stroller to push her around in. I bought the kind that converts to a car seat, so I wouldn't have to keep switching her from seat to seat. That night, Lauren Ashley slept by my bed in her bassinet so she would feel safe and I could get to her easily if I heard her wake up.
On the morning of day three, I woke up at 4:00 am and fed her a bottle and changed her diaper. Today is next to the last day before I have to give Lauren Ashley up. She is like my own, but I know I couldn't handle a baby right now while I'm in school. I haven't even been able to spend the night with any of my friends because I had to take care of Lauren Ashley. For now I am going to focus on my studies and making good grades, so I can get into college and then hopefully be able to take care of a baby when I am older. But while I still had her, I decided to take Lauren Ashley to Visionland so we could spend some quality time together. She could only ride the baby water rides and float down lazy river with me, and we had to make sure she had on her water wings or she was in a float with me by her side. She really enjoyed the baby slide while she was in my lap. She had on the cutest pink and white polka dotted bathing suit, and we made sure we had plenty of swimmies diapers.
On day four, our last day together, I read The Ugly Duckling to Lauren Ashley because she loves that story. I have already read it to her 20 times. As long as it makes her happy and keeps her from crying, I will read it as many times as it takes. We had to run to Walmart today, so I could pick out a few baby toys for her. I made sure they were really soft and that some of them were black and white and red because babies love those vibrant contrasting colors. She also got a stuffed monkey that hangs around your neck. I bought her an Elmo dvd and The Wiggles dvd because she loves to hear them sing. I am really going to miss her.
I think doing this project was a great learning experience. It not only taught me not to get pregnant in school, but also it taught me what it takes to raise a baby and how much they depend on you. To be a parent you have to have certain personal resources like being able to feel or show affection, patience, self-control, consistency, alertness, and energy. It also takes a mature knowledge and good skills like communication, conflict resolution, decision-making, problem solving and management to be a good mother.