Imgur is an image hosting service which is updated and maintained through user submitted content. It was founded by Alan Schaaf in 2009 (Slater-Robins, 2013). His intention were to create the web’s most popular image sharing site. Imgur was fostered through his own experiences with the popular news website Reddit, which provides its community with a place to discuss political issues (Slater-Robins, 2013). Reddit is known for not being visually pleasing and having a hard to navigate interface. Imgur was therefore created out of this unfulfilled demand in the market, providing the online community with an easier user experience, but with the same innovative content.
Business Model: Community
Imgur uses a community business model that facilitates the connection of millions of users around the globe. They currently have over 70 million devoted consumers visiting there site (Slater-Robins, 2013). Imgur has enabled a global village, where distances are negated, and opinions from all different cultures and countries come together to be shared. This has produced a likeminded subcult...
... middle of paper ...
... and loading speeds of Imgur. Altogether it provides its community with a safe place for social interaction of likeminded people. This Website not only meets its community’s expectations but also uses its community to meet its corporate objectives therefore creating a mutually beneficial relationship. I believe there are no negative aspects to this website.
Gruder, C. L. (1971). Determinants of social comparison choices. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology,, 473-489.
Imgur. (2014). http://store.imgur.com/pages/privacy-policy. Retrieved from http://imgur.com/.
Pingdom. (2014). Pingdom Website Speed Test. Retrieved from Pingdom: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/duFDXv/http://imgur.com/
Slater-Robins, M. (2013, April 21). From rags to riches: the story of Imgur. Retrieved from neowin: http://www.neowin.net/news/from-rags-to-riches-the-story-of-imgur
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- www.score.org This network is designed for helping entrepreneurs and business owners. They provide a way for business mentors to try and connect with one another. Promotion of local business and business training also seems to be a prime goal for this website. Overall, the mission of this website is to be a resource for all business owners and entrepreneurs. They are trying to help people achieve their goals and become successful. The website is very inviting and is easy to navigate. I was able to navigate all through it, without any problem or issue.... [tags: Business, Small business, Entrepreneurship]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Being successful on a professional field requires a lot of efforts and dedication. Before one could enter a new profession, one needs to know and understand the underlying rules and norms required to fit in to a target profession. Different professions have their own different norms, traditions, and forms of communication. In order to achieve a common goal, some professions might require one to have a lot of technical skills, and some might require great communication and writing skills. One might be able to define this as a discourse community.... [tags: discourse community,business management,career]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- The purpose of the project is to execute a complete website design & development for El Indio Restaurant. The cutting edge website will feature all the elements, functions, and specifications to ensure users can easily navigate it and get all the necessary information. Designer Text Heading Text Heading Thank you for your interest in working with our company. Based on your company’s needs and goals we have prepared the following detailed proposal. We feel confident about creating a successful website for your company given our experience.... [tags: functions, specifications, technology]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- www.ncpublicschools.org The last website to be evaluated comes from www.ncpublicschools.org. The site is maintained by the department of public instruction and the state board of education for the state of North Carolina. The home page has tabs for K-12 Curriculum, Testing, RTTT, Data & Statistics, Work 4 NC, Publication Sales, and Calendar. There are also drop down menus that cover Program Areas and Departments. On the left side of the main page, there are links to sign up for updates, Let 's Talk Requests & Feedback, The Message Graduate, North Carolina Report Cards, and an Education Directory.... [tags: Teacher, Profession, North Carolina, Education]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Welcome to the Plainville High School website. The Plainville High School Administration, Faculty and Staff are very proud of the educational opportunities available to all students. Plainville High School is a fully accredited secondary school that provides an exceptional learning environment for our students. We continue to develop and grow in leaps and bounds as a learning community aligned with the district focus on Students, Teaching and Learning as we strive to fulfill our PHS Vision: Prepare all students for a successful and rewarding life in the 21st century global society.... [tags: High school, College, Education, Secondary school]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- For everyone in the business world, Mark Zuckerberg is not a very oblivious name to them. He is a young successful businessman and that is undeniable. However, Mark is also a very successful leader in his own company as well as to the world. His impact from creating Facebook is more than just impressive. Mark created the social media website where people get connected virtually and lead the company incredibly successful. Mark’s leadership style can be seen with inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation and idealized influence.... [tags: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Community Oriented Policing has always been a topic that comes up in the Criminal Justice Department time after time. There are always ways to improve the traditions of the community and the officers not respecting each other. Community-Oriented Policing is based around relationships. Community police supports the use of partnerships and problem-solving methods in order to give a statement regarding the rise of public safety, dealing with crime, community ordinance, and fear of crime. In community-oriented policing the following are all assigned roles in order to increase their relationships: community, police, and chief of police.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminology, Constable]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Implementation To implement a Genius Hour is simple. No money, additional staffing, or resources are needed to implement a Genius Hour. In order to implement a successful Genius Hour I would recommend three components: commitment from the administration and faculty, professional development training and time. Effective educational reform is able to transpire when administrators and teachers are flexible and willing to change in order to do what is best for students. In order to implement Genius Hour effectively there must be teacher buy-in; in essence Genius Hour becomes the buildings passion project.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Implementation]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what makes a classroom successful. Is it the type of curriculum that is taught. The pay of teachers. The income that a school receives. I wanted to investigate this topic further after my field experience at the Heir Force Community School. Heir Force is a low poverty school where about 95% of the students fall below the poverty line. Based on my own prior knowledge to this topic, I figured that students would have higher academic success at a school that brings in a large amount of income.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Want]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Website Review I decided to review websites focusing on philosophy as a final project for this class. The main reason I chose this challenging task is because I am a new computer owner and this has forced me to truly learn how to use the internet. The list that was given out in class was a helpful start. I did manage to link to other sites by simply "playing" on the computer and typing in key words. The following sites are the ones I have chosen to report on. Enjoy. The Philosophy Site http://homepage.eircom.net/~philosophy/index.html This site has many links to University departments, journals, articles and even has its own forum for discussing any issue that interests you.... [tags: Papers]
1404 words (4 pages)