My education goals are to receive my Bachelors in Biology, and use my degree to get into Medical School. I have heard people say, “Medical School, don’t you think it’s too late for that.” To me if you are determined enough it is never too late to further your education in any field you want to pursue. I am determined and I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life. I know that I am capable of completing this task. I have attended Amarillo College before, and I was disappointed on how I performed that year. I was working 50+ hrs a week. I am a single full-time parent, and I was trying to go full time to school. My grades reflected how badly I was struggling. At the end of that year I thought how I can make it through school while insuring my children are taken care of. It has taken me this long to come back to school because I applied for government assistance such as HUD, medicade, food stamps, and any other program that would give me help. I am now unemployed and stay at home with my 2 children. I receive government assistance, and I am ready now to put everything that I have into my education. It doesn’t matter how long it ta...
... middle of paper ...
...to me this would be success.
I know by my previous grades I may not be the most qualified now, but I am capable of your standards. Actually I am capable of higher than your standards for a scholarship. I need this help to be able to take care of my family and buy necessary school supplies. I also would like to take a few CLEP test, but they are expensive. Please give me the chance this year to show you how well I can perform. My grades right now are all in the 90’s, and they will stay that way. I will have a better chance of success if I can receive your assistance. Either way, I will finish my education and reach my goals of being a Doctor. I am all that my girls have right now and I want to do the best I can for their futures to be anything they could dream of. At Amarillo College I will succeed and get to the next level of my education were I need to be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ever wondered about success, for how people can achieve success. Success is a result of effort, developing a path, and luck. Success is something that people's need to provide energy of some sorts like effort to become successful in your life. Mainly effort is related to success by improving skills, preparing for future opportunities, and becoming a professional. One of my most favorite way to be successful is improving the skills. Knowledge and skills are necessary to do work, and it will change the time by leading to learning new things.... [tags: Want, WANT, Need, Goal, Time, Luck, Success]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- While growing up, I have often been told to be successful at what I do. Success is what drives human beings to achieve greatness. But what does it mean to be successful. Many people would say that being successful is being good at a task, but success can mean something different to everybody. To me, being successful is loving what I do, staying positive even if failing at first, and feeling a sense of pride or accomplishment when finished. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.... [tags: Success, Failure, Motivation, The Reward]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- When thinking of the word “success” people tend to think of materialistic objects that one can buy with copious amounts of money. In reality, “success” actually involves the non-materialistic concepts such as completion of goals. To perceive this idea, we must ask ourselves, “Can failure ever result in success?” “Success” is a noun that is defined as “the fact or achieving wealth, respect or fame” (Merriam-Webster). Most of us wonder how we become successful individuals, and the term “failure” tends to escape our definition of “success”; however, failure is one of the main driving forces for the end result of success.... [tags: Failure, Success, Pablo Picasso]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Is successful people are also the happiest. To answer this question, we must define the words success and happiest. The concept of happiness and success seems similar at an initial glance, even so, the two represent diverse aspects of examining the society. Happiness is more of a feeling while success is not. Someone does not need progress to be happy since many structures pay to the comprehension of the circumstance. On top of that, the surroundings are diverse depending on the individual, on the other hand, success is not a feeling but a judgment of its form.... [tags: Self-realization, Success, Happiness]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Success may be defined in many ways by many people. According to Oxford English Dictionary, it is, “the prosperous achievement of something attempted.”(“Success”). That is, if one achieve his/her desire or goals, it would be considered as his/her success. But it is true that the definition and explanation varies according to the eye of beholder. Generally, Success means fulfilling the goals that you set for your life. For some, success may be money, big house and a luxury car.... [tags: Person, Success, Individual, Meaning of life]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- If you had to Google the definition of success you would be find that success is ‘the accomplishment of aim or purpose, the attainment of popularity or profit, (or) a person that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity”. To every individual success has a different meaning, however each interpretation usually has three common traits: wealth, importance and contentment. By obtaining these three things the belief that we are distinguished and have gained unlimited opportunities is formed, however in pursuit of this we often lose sight of our morals.... [tags: Success, Sacrifice, The Work, Opportunity rover]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Success is a universal law that has existed for all of time. In the beginning, animals achieved success by capturing or finding food and feeding their family. We still do this today; however, we are much more advanced now and success has expanded to virtually everything within our lives. In every situation, that is experienced every day, there are only three outcomes and those are success, true failure, and quitting before true failure. This idea of achieving success is one of the most commonly thought about ideas amongst all people.... [tags: Failure, Success, Causality]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Your determination to have success is decided by your drive, whether you want to succeed in life or be average. Its within your mind what you want to achieve in life, depending on your drive and dedication it can take you a short while or your whole to succeed. Its your choice whether you want to achieve your American dream. One method for success is when people feel happy when they get their first car or first house, luxurious items in general. Money is sometimes a factor for people because of they’re hard work and dedication towards they’re goal or in the classroom and getting they’re degree and releasing the stress from school.... [tags: Failure, Success, Need, Thomas Edison]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Success, everyone want it, few achieve it. Success is perspective, it could mean obtaining an education, being able to take over the family, achieving one’s life goals or making money. Since its perspective, it has the able to be wrong. A person maybe successful but depression and have no sign of happiness in life or they could make horrible decisions that destroy their line of success. Even though, one could be thought as successful, it is unattainable to achieve complete success in every part of one’s life and even in just part since there are always going to be better and more successful people in the society.... [tags: Failure, Success, Learning, School]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Imagine yourself ten years from now. From now till then, you will have short and long-term goals that will either be achieved or ignored. The achievement of success is by accomplishing goals with the happiness that comes along with it. Achieving goals is an ongoing process throughout the lives of humans until there is no more to gain. Although, society makes people believe success is measured by money and monetary items. Of course, money is important to have in possession to constantly pay bills and support your family.... [tags: Society, Success, Wealth, Money]
888 words (2.5 pages)