To begin with, eating healthy is the most important step when trying to lose weight. Eliminating junk foods and sodas’ is a necessary is the first step to eating healthy. Devouring burgers, pizza, fries and other fatty foods can later result in health problems. Therefore, healthy eating should be more of a lifestyle than just a diet. Doing a swift diet can only result in a temporary weight lost. Choosing the right food by far was the hardest milestone in my weight lost journey. It’s easy to associate eating less carbohydrate with eating less fat when dieting. In the article “How to Lose Weight”, it evaluates on how eating a low carbohydrate diet and a low-fat diet can cause hunger, cravings, and fatigue. Carbohydrates’ and fat are the bodies two main energy source. Eating less carbohydrates and eating more natural fats keeps the body satisfied.(Eenfeldt, 2013). Writing a grocery list before going to the store absolutely helped avoiding foods with sugar and starch. When visualizing about eating healthy, five servings of fruits and vegetables automatically comes to mind. Although fruits are healthy, it also contains sugars and consequen...
... middle of paper ...
...,000 calories more than you consume each day, through a lower calorie diet and regular exercise”.
As a final point, while most Americans hassle with weight lost; losing weight can be a less daunting tasking. Although many people struggle with the process, patience can truly be rewarding. With the proper knowledge of eating health, exercising, and having a realistic goal, many will be able succeed in a weight lose journey. Losing weight can be a healthy routine instead of a burden.
Eenfeldt, A, MD. (2013).“How to Lose Weight”. Retrieved from http://www.dietdoctor.com/
Mayo Clinic, Foundation for Medical Education and Research. (n.d). “Weight loss: 6 strategies for success”. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.org
American Society Cancer Society, Inc. (n.d). “Excess body weight: A major health issue in America”. Retrieved from http://www.cancer.org/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many Americans have had struggles with losing weight for many years. They tried diets, but can’t seem to get away from the fast foods chains that are on every street corner. According to the American Cancer Society, “About 1 in 3 American adults is now obese, and another 1 in 3 is overweight”. In my journey of losing weight, I’ve learned that losing weight by far is a hard task. With the right equipment and predetermination, losing weight was a less daunting task. There are three main things that can help with succeeding weight lost; eating healthy, exercise, and having a realistic weight lost goal.... [tags: diet, health, exercise]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- All women desire beauty. As myriads of women seek a perfect body shape and attractiveness, they will have interest in having weight loss treatment. In fact, losing weight has come into a vogue. People, especially female, do not take their weight into serious account but follow the others blindly and participate in weight loss programmes. Patently, the main culprit of this phenomenon is the omnipresent weight loss advertisements. The slimming companies use advertising as a tool to inculcate the concept that being thin is equal to beauty into people’ minds.... [tags: Weight Loss, Advertising, weight, ]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Lose Weight For The Long-Term: How To Keep Those Pounds From Coming Back Too many people are overweight these days, leading to all kinds of complications that can actually take years off their lives. If you 're one of those people you likely understand how difficult it is to lose weight and how frustrating it can be when the weight eventually comes back. If you take the time to understand what 's really going on in your life and your body, though, you can finally get a handle on losing weight. Why Do You Always Put The Weight Back On Anyway.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Weight loss, Obesity]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Diabetes affects an estimated 23.6 million people in the United States and is the 7th leading cause of death. (Healthy People 2020, 2016) By losing weight you can reduce your chance of becoming diabetic. Incorporating an exercise plan and a healthy diet is key to reducing your chances of being diagnosed with diabetes. When starting an exercise and diet plan one of the first things that you must assess with your client are their likes and dislikes. Meeting with your patient and going over food and exercise preferences is important and a must.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Many people struggle with their weight. Those who are on the heavy side oftent find it difficult to perform their daily tasks. Even walking for several minutes becomes a tiring activity for them on many occasions. Others can only imagine the physical effects of more intensive activities on people who are, frankly speaking, fat. John is one of those individuals who are on the heavy side. His sedentary life and his habit of eating more than his daily nutritional needs have led him to gain weight year after year.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Stages of a Weight Loss Journey By Sandy Reynolds | Submitted On December 09, 2010 Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest As you begin your efforts to lose weight, you must realize that any successful weight loss endeavor is a continuing journey.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- There are so many weight loss products on the market, it 's difficult to know which product is best. It 's confusing to say the least and it 's frustrating. Everyone is making the same claim of being superior to the other. They say they are all natural but when you read the ingredients, it list all of this other stuff that 's almost impossible to understand. Garcinia Cambogia has been in the news for a while now and with some pretty awesome feedback. It claims that you will lose with and you won 't have to exercise or change your diet.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Rapid Weight Loss Are you looking for a fast weight loss plan fast weight loss plan, specifically designed for women, that does not require any special equipment for exercise, or extra stuff to use. Today is your lucky day. I will let you in on an open secret - and since this is exceptionally for women; men you may leave now (or stay and be quiet ;-) ). Imagine a rapid weight loss program that takes into consideration that undergoing weight loss or fat loss is more complicated for females than males.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Weight loss, AIDS]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- With that being said, the opposite side of the spectrum also holds true. The more strict a diet is, the harder it is to keep up with. People are not meant to be deprived of calories that their bodies require for extended periods of time (¨Diet and Weight-Loss…¨). There is a reason that every body has a different calorie allowance. They all can adjust to certain diets. Constant deprivation will result in succumbing to the wants of the body or halting fat loss due to adaptation. Restricting a body from food sources will fail due to lack of response regarding the rapid absence of nutrients.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Top 50 Weight Loss Tips For Mom You Will Surely Love These Weight Loss Tips for Mom Are For You. Loss weight tips for mom are here and there; unfortunately, some do not work for you. As a mom, we are oftentimes low on time our kids are our top priority. There are more than a hundred ideas about losing weight, but it’s a challenge to find the one you can trust. With so many things that you find from books and the Internet. Sadly, with so many available options, we usually end up doing or applying none of them.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Meal, Weight loss]
2412 words (6.9 pages)
- Social Change Model in Action in The Ocean Pacific Community Center
- Speculative Fiction in Marionettes, Inc. by Ray Bradbury and Tomorrow Tomorrow Tomorrow by Kurt Vonnegut
- Strengths and Weaknesses of the US Health System
- Persuasive Techniques in Robert Matthews article “Why do people believe weird things?”
- Waiting for an Organ Transplant
- Destruction of Man by War