“Hooray!” exclaimed all of the girls in the class.
Meanwhile, I leaned back in my seat and was daydreaming. I wondered what made accessories so important that they have a history behind them.
“Ahem. Miss Adelina, put that seat down now! By the way, what is the answer to the question?” asked Mrs.Glutenberg.
Mrs.Glutenberg’s exclamation shook me out of my daydream. I quickly glanced up to see my teacher a few arm lengths away from me.
“Uh, yes Mrs.Glutenberg?” I stammered from my seat. I sheepishly looked around the class to see what we are doing. Not one sign of anything told me what we are doing today in class.
“Adelina, you are going to detention hall right after lunch!” she screeched. “ I expect to see you after lunch first, so I can assign you some work to do.”
“Yes ma’am,” I replied with a sigh. I let my head drop to my shoulders. Another victim of the history whiz, I thought.
A few hours later, I returned to my social studies class. There, Mrs.Glutenberg gave me my work to do in detention room. During the process, she also went into detail about behaving in class. I just nodded every once a while, but other than that, I was still daydreaming.
At about 12:34, she sent me into the detention room. I swept a quick glance over the room for an empty seat. At last, I found an unoccupied desk at the end of the room. The seemed to be avoided. The students sitting beside it had moved their seats well out of range from the empty desk. Mentioning it, I realized why. The desk seemed to be a mythical creature! I let out a heavy sigh and trotted toward the seat.
Thump. I threw my books down at the side of my ...
... middle of paper ...
...s ever wanted to do was stay glued to their electronics.”
“Well, I can’t blame them. Whenever I get home, the first thing I do is get on my laptop,” I informed her. Sheepishly to myself, I giggled at the thought of it.
“I am not that surprised since you are one of your fellow human species. Are you ready for the big truth?” asked Cecily with a solemn voice. She was staring at me with dark eyes that proved the truth was a big deal.
I sat there and thought about it for a second. “If it is that important of a secret, then yes, I am ready to take it in,” I told Cecily. I wiggled around my seat until I got to a comfortable position.
“Once the humans forgot about us, we became a world that is lost. Nobody knows how to get here except for those that are left behind. The chance we were pushed out of the human’s importance, we developed our own way of living. For example, we
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- QUESTION: Fashion historian and theorist Ulrich Lehmann wrote that “fashion only exists in representation”. Keeping this statement in mind, analyse one of the two given fashion images, using theories from 3-5 readings in the required and/or recommended reading lists to support your analysis of the meanings in your chosen image. In your essay, you should bring in at least one other image to help to explain your understanding of the main image. Nowadays, fashion is not about the tangible quality of garments as fashion images are more accessible to the consumer than the actual garment itself.... [tags: Ulrich Lehmann, Fashion, Respresentation]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- This past semester I had the privilege of studying intro to Indigenous studies: art, culture and history. The textbook is captivating with the history, different photographs and moments focussing on an artistic motif or practice. Although the textbook is educational, the beading sessions were the highlight for myself. The process is unique in my university career with the steps of gathering materials, planning a design and then actually executing it. The learning process and the experience is something unforgettable.... [tags: Learning, Education, Skill, Learning curve]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- From the Discus to World of Warcraft all games have value, they have been played for thousands of years, and with the advent of digital media, have become ever more prevalent in our society. Much like what was once thought of movies, games are often dismissed as a form of artistic expression. Lacking this widespread acceptance, the study of games and their effects on our lives is somewhat lacking. Games provide incredible possibilities for artistic expression, and contain the potential to expand our academic understanding.... [tags: Games, Discus, Worls of Warcraft, History]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Today many types of drill accessories and tools are used for domestic and commercial tasks. The use of cordless drill accessories prove effective for doing a hole in roofs or walls. In this regard, drill is an ideal item used in many types of applications. Drill accessory set is an essential item for metal and wood working and various other construction projects. According to the experts, drill accessory is designed to make a hole in hard walls. It is developed with rotating cutting method that can works effectively even in the concrete walls.... [tags: Tools]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- 1. The importance of the study of world history to me personally as an American is very significant because I hope to find a career where I will work with many diverse people and I not only want to know them, but I want to have an understanding of where they came from in order to associate with them better. Another reason is that an American can be from any culture from around the world. Americans aren’t any certain race or religion, so we have to understand our fellow citizens just as they need to understand us.... [tags: essays research papers]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- The use of drill accessories are increasing for commercial as well as domestic projects. The reason is that these cordless drill accessories can perform multiple tasks in a short time. Whether you are making a hole in a wall or mixing liquid for painting, it is essential to include drill accessories with other equipment. While purchasing for drill tools, you can get all essential drill parts in form of drill accessory set. This set is considered an essential item for wood and metal applications and also used for other construction tasks.... [tags: Informative Essay]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- One of the most stressful aspects of high school and ultimately college is the ability (or lack thereof) to form good study habits. One may often hear the dramatic tale of a college student staying up all night in order to receive a good grade on his or her test the following morning. This student either completely fails the test, or does really well. These results depend on the students themselves and their ability to study in this manner. In this essay, I will compare and contrast fellow two of the most popular forms of studying—periodic and cramming—in an effort to allow high school students to effectively choose which form may best work for them.... [tags: habits, effect, work, study]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Studying Humanities Throughout life one faces many obstacles against himself and mankind. By triumphing over these conflicts a person develops characteristics in correspondence to his or her experience. Humanities is the study of this basic cycle of life and its effect upon all cultures and nations. Today's generation, like many before and many to come, can attain a better understanding of the present course of history through the study of the past mankind experiences, or Humanities. The question of time travel into the future is simply a raw thought.... [tags: essays research papers]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- Studying Abroad Have you ever thought about studying abroad. No, not just for a few months for your work-experience, but a whole year (or longer) as a transfer-student. Of course, you don’t make such a decision from one minute to the next. It needs to be thought over well. Going to college is a big change in your life because it usually means living on your own for the first time, but as a foreign student it is even a bigger change because you are on your own in another country. This is often the greatest concern for students to go abroad: to leave everything behind.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Study Abroad Essays]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Studying Singapore Located between Malaysia and Indonesia, the total area is only 630 sq. km, which is extremely small by any standards. People have remarked that not only is it really just a large city with extensive suburbs, but that it is governed in the same way as a chief executive might control a major corporation. Indeed many people refer to Singapore as a city-state. Singapore has an undramatic scenery, with lowlands and a gently undulating central plateau.... [tags: Papers]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- A Changing Border Between the U.S. and Mexico
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton's Use of Rhetorical Devices in a Women's Speech
- Celebrating the Great Perid of the Han Dynasty
- The Benefits of Reducing Heat Stress on the Environment
- Two Comedic Television Families, The Cosby Show and Rosanne
- Environmental Policy in Russia from 1870 to 1917