The existence of many sophisticated computer systems and various innovations in the Computer Age justifies the need for new ways of sales in society. The need for share of information in a so called ‘global network’ and man’s desire to communicate from long distances called for the birth of the World Wide Web (formerly known as ARPANET). With the advent of the internet, many of the mundane tasks and businesses became feasible. Things like buying and selling can now be done online. Consumers no longer need to move from their place. A few clicks from their home would suffice enough to do the job. Not only the Internet facilitate purchasing, but it also provide s distance education. Students can earn a degree by taking an online education by means of the Internet.
The high take-up of the Internet leads to variety of opportunities in front of companies. People are more online than ever. They spend many hours each day on Social Networks such as Facebook and Google+. It is no wonder that buying and selling can now be done in a more convenient way. Although traditional shopping is still thriving, online shopping can be an alternative for people wanting to save time and money. If a certain customer plan to go shopping, it could be stressful and also be time consuming. E-business has made shopping or any kind of transactions online much easier and convenient. It introduces new facilities, opportunities and way of shopping for both vendors and customers.
Consequently, e-business and especially online shopping is crucial for retail stores. They should provide necessary infrastructure for selling their products online. By taking advantage of e-business not only they can get competitive advantage of online shopping, but the...
... middle of paper ...
...rstanding the difference between GP, NAV, SL and AX”. Viewed 14 May 2014.
Rayne, PB, Kulkarni, P, Patil, S & Meshram, BB 2012, ‘Authentication and Authorization:Tool for Ecommerce Security’, Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 150-157.
Schneider, GP 2011, Electronic commerce, ninth edition, Joe Sabatino, Boston.
Symantec 2013, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): How It Works, Symantec, viewed 15 May 2013,
The Iconic 2013, Return, The Iconic, viewed 15 May 2013,
Yahia Zare Mehrjerdi, (2010) "Enterprise resource planning: risk and benefit analysis", Business Strategy Series, Vol. 11 Iss: 5, pp.308 – 324.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nowadays, online shopping is a phenomena that all people are into and it is one of the greatest aspects of the internet. (Wong, 2013) found 91 percentage people shop online. Out of 9 percentage did not shop online, it is because they do not trust the shop online and another reason why because they cannot touch and feel the product. Shopping is being habituated in a student’s life, especially online shopping. Shopping and students, especially girls cannot be separated. The advantages of shopping online are like high-speed internet service and 24/7 availability that encourage students to update their fashion style which communicate meanings that it has individual and social significance.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Have you ever just stumbled across an interesting game while poking around on the internet. Well it is a very good chance that that game could be the product of a company called “Zynga”. Zynga is a provider of social game services. The Company develops markets and operates social games as live services played on mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android, and social networking sites, such as Facebook. The Company 's games are also accessible on Zynga.com. The Company has developed online social games, such as Farmville, Words with Friends, Zynga Poker, hit it rich, lots and CSR Racing.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- Finding clothes that are the perfect fit is never an easy task. It gets even tougher when you are a bit larger than the average person. When the latest fashions and designs are not readily available at your local department store where do you turn. Valley Big and Tall is an online retailer who specializes in big and tall mens clothing. Whether you are looking for something casual, or looking to impress in your best formal wear; Valley Big and Tall has what you need. Casual Wear With a wide variety of styles to choose from you won’t have a hard time finding the one that fits your needs.... [tags: Retailing, Department store, Clothing, Brand]
711 words (2 pages)
- Shopping has always been one of my favorite hobbies. The hardest part is choosing which is better at that moment, online shopping or in-store shopping. I personally love to do both, especially when there are sales, because sometimes online may have a better sale than in store and vice versa. In the real world real shoppers will know that Online and in-store shopping differentiates in various ways. However, depending on the situation they both are sometimes convenient ways to shop.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing, Shopping]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- The Spring vacation was just ahead. For my upcoming vacation, I opened my laptop and searched several online shopping websites for spring clothes. This dress looked good, that top was cute, too. Like all the other girls, I could not make decision, and was mainly because of the models. As a normal size girl who is fatter than models, I was unable to imagine how those clothes looked like on me even though they looked pretty good on those skinny models. Since those models were so thin, whatever they wear, the clothes look attractive.... [tags: Clothes, Fashion, Body Image]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Online and in-store shopping is different in many ways. However, they both serve as convenient ways to shop. Online shopping has been a convenience for me, but I like in-store shopping as well. I feel the way people choose to shop changes depending on the situation. I have come to realize that many people are shopping online more and more rather than in-store shopping. Shopping online has been very convenient for people whose time is limited and don’t have time to go to the store. If you’re life centers around an online atmosphere such as an online profession or college classes then online shopping can be more convenient.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Shopping, Marketing]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Cathy Huang Mr. Allen and Mr. Buys Junior Humanities Periods 3+4 02/24/2016 Online shopping vs in-store shopping Thesis: Online shopping is better than in-store one and will have more customers in the future. Since the internet came out and developed, online shopping has become important parts of many people. With the rapid development of the Internet in the world, more and more people began to start online shopping due to its convenience, time-saving and benefits. For the definition, Online shopping is an act of purchasing items or services on the Internet and has grown in popularity over years.... [tags: Online shopping, Amazon.com, Electronic commerce]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- The Information revolution is changing our daily lives. With the rapid development of computer and internet, online commerce become quite common and plays an important role in the modern world. The online business has booming development in these few years. US online retail sales raised an average of 11% in the first three months of 2009 (“US Online Sales Up,” 2009). The growth of online sales may due to the growing number of consumers who shop online. In the case of Asia, survey reported 77.6% of Internet users have online shopping experiences in 2003 (as cited in To, Liao & Lin, 2007).... [tags: Online Shopping, internet, economy, ]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- The benefits of online shopping With the increase of internet usage, the internet has impacted and taken over our society today. We use the internet for almost everything including; communication, shopping, world news, and even school. Booking a flight or a hotel via the internet has become the way to go to save money and time. People are able to shop for different hotels and flights without using a travel agency. I remember shopping with my mother, making a grocery list, and clipping coupons. Now, there are websites for just coupons.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Department store]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Three days ago, I was assigned to read an article in the Wall Street Journal on computerized sizing. The goal of the article was to get people to go to certain stores, put on a specialized bra and underwear and have their measurements taken by computerized mirrors. From there, a woman’s measurements would be put online, in hopes to make their shopping days easier. However, once I started reading the article about Lands’ Ends new computerized virtual modeling system; I began to question my experiences with online shopping.... [tags: Online Marketing]
304 words (0.9 pages)
- Ernest Hemmingway's Soldier's Home Similarity to Reality
- Essay on Non_Verbal Communication and Intercultural Communication
- Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal
- Aql (intellect) and Nafs (ego) Can Have a Positive and Negative Contribution towards One's Spiritual Development
- Amnesty International: The Largest Independent Organization of Ordinary People United to End the Abuse of Human Rights
- An Inside Look at Nike Inc.