This is a systematic paper on how to strip and re-finish tile floors. Caring for tile floors is not as simple as sweeping and mopping. They must be stripped and refinished every six months to ensure it remains looking its best. The steps include preparation of the supplies. Then there is the preparation of the floor. The next step is stripping the floor. The next step is laying the sealer and finally laying the finish. By following these instructions, the floor will look newer, longer, and with a high gloss shine.
Stripping re-finishing a tile floor
If you have tile floors in your home or office, you probably mop them on a regular basis. However, people may not know who is that tile floors require more care than just mopping. After time, the finish on these floors will get dingy dirty and worn out. It is necessary to develop a routine maintenance plan to keep these floors looking their best. Most floor manufacturers and cleaning companies will recommend that your floors have the little fish removed and new finish applied about every six months. To remove the old finished off the floor and reapply new finish is not as easy as it sounds. Caring for tile floors can be an overwhelming task if you do not know how to do it; follow these steps to strip the old dirty and dingy finish off and apply a shiny new finish.
The first step in stripping a re-finishing a tile floor is to prepare the supplies. The supplies needed include two mop buckets, mops, stripping chemical, finish, scrapers, scrubbing pads, and a floor-scrubbing machine. Fill both buckets with hot water. One bucket will be for the stripper. The second bucket will be for rinsing the floors. Mix the stripper chemical with hot water at a five...
... middle of paper ...
...e foundation for all the other coats of finish. Allow ample time for each coat and dry. Appling the next coat before the previous coat is dry will cause the finish to look uneven and patchy. Once the base code is completely dry, apply the second coat in the same manner as the first. Remember; do not step on the wet finish. Once the second code is dry, apply the last coat in a thin but even layer. The third and final coat is what gives the floor its shine.
In conclusion, stripping and re-finishing a tile floor can be an overwhelming task. If not done right the floor can look worse than when you started. It is important to take the time needed to do the job right. Do not rush, and allow the chemicals to work. Follow these instructions, and when finished, the floor will look like brand new. The tile floor can look new for many years if maintained properly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Are you decorating the bathroom of a new home or renovating the bathroom of a historic home. If so, then you need to know that selecting the very best bathroom tile designs is a critical part of fashioning a dream bathroom. Tile doesn't just serve the purpose of being a moisture-proof barrier in a bathroom. It also serves the purpose of being a feature that ties all of the bathroom's decorations together in a smooth flowing style to create a stunning decor in the bathroom space. Therefore, it is important to understand how to select and use the best bathroom tile designs available for your home.... [tags: Tile Material, Placement]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- Stacey Tile Company 1. SWOT analysis of Stacey Tile Company Strengths: + competitive advantage: the position of the location - within a radius of 500 km which represents 60% of the U.S. market of floor & wall tile (its biggest assest) +/- one operational tunnel kiln + good production manager with over 10 years in the company (Mr. Henley) +/- financial capacity of Mr. Gilbert + Mr. Gilbert’s experience +/- Mr. Gilbert’s motivation +/- equipment for glazing ¼ of the production Weaknesses: no fans; wooden floor (dust) no improvements of the factory building low number of trained workers high level of payables (including mortgage) -/+ no MIS system (inventories); visual control for product... [tags: Case Study Swot Analysis Stacey Tile]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- When it comes to remodeling your bathroom, bathroom tile ideas can help you to achieve stunning decorative effects that enhance the overall beauty of the space. As you enhance your bathroom using these tile ideas, you will find that the overall value of your home will increase in addition to your home's beauty. Then you will find that the money and time that you invested in the remodeling of your bathroom tile will pay off in a multitude of ways. One way to increase your bathroom's beauty and value is to use bathroom tile ideas that help the bathroom appear to be a larger space.... [tags: Larger Space, Clean Shower Area]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- PREFACE Floor maintenance is a vital activity in any building which has tile flooring, whether it be a hospital, university or office building. Floors can either reflect a positive or negative image of an institution, depending on how they appear. This paper discusses the proper procedures for the three main steps in floor maintenance: stripping the floor, applying the finish and maintaining the finish. Everyone that is associated with the field of janitorial supplies and maintenance should have at least a general understanding of the correct procedures in floor care.... [tags: Process Essays]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- ... feedlot cattle, with proportions of cephalosporin-resistant enteric bacteria increasing significantly after exposure and returning to pre-exposure levels within approximately two weeks (24). Extending sampling to the farrowing and nursery phases and collection of more detailed antimicrobial administration data may help clarify the potentially dynamic carriage of blaCTX-M genes within U.S. commercial swine populations. The recovery of commensal E. coli harboring blaCMY-2 and blaCTX-M cephalosporin resistance genes from U.S.... [tags: antimicrobial use practices]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- Since the bathroom is one room in the home that sees some of the most frequent use, it is only natural that it is a showpiece of the home's decor By using some great looking bathroom tile design ideas, you can transform this frequently used home centerpiece from a drab space into a masterpiece of interior design. Once this transformation is complete, your bathroom is sure to be a room that will be awe-inspiring for anyone who visits your home. A method that many home interior designers have found to be one of the best bathroom tile design ideas for creating a stunning bathroom is to cover the bathroom's walls and shower/bath area in small tiles.... [tags: Small Tiles, Swimming Pool Tiles]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Arambula Ceramic Tile This paper will describe a new small business which is going to start. This paper will be defined Strategic planning and management and why it is important for the new business to succeed. This paper also will explain the four functions of management relative to creating and implementing a strategic plan. The mission and vision are very important in a company to achieve any objective and goals. The way to find out is there is something wrong is to make a SWOTT analysis to the company to identify what is the situation in the market in comparison with the competence.... [tags: Strategic Planning Management]
1930 words (5.5 pages)
- An Examination of the Literature on Strippers and Stripping For centuries, psychologists, sociologists, academics, historians, and filmmakers have devoted themselves to the exploration and dissection of sex and power. All dancers talk about their work as being something they enjoy. The financial independence gives them control over their lives and their ability to transfix a room full of men with a simple glance, further confirms their desirability. But how far will it stretch before they fall victims to their own universe.... [tags: Free Essays Online]
6630 words (18.9 pages)
- The Killing Floor Frank Custer leaves his young family in rural Mississippi in pursuit of industrial employment in the northern “Promised Land” of Chicago, Illinois. Little did he know about the true extent of the journey he was about to embark on. Initially a move to secure work and improve upon the conditions which surrounded him and his family; Frank was about to change more in his life then just his economical status. Immediately upon arriving in the bustling city, Frank and his close friend Thomas gravitate towards other working class African-Americans with similar backgrounds.... [tags: Essays Papers]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- Floor Exercise Floor exercise is a sequence of tumbles, leaps, and balances, which make a gymnastics performance. No equipment is used, only a mat and open space. At competitions, judges look for good posture, proper technique, continuity, and variety. Floor exercise builds confidence and character. Your self confidence increases as you learn body control. As you become involved you will gain self discipline. You will learn valuable lessons about exercise, eating correctly, and getting the proper amount of rest, leading to a healthy and longer life.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
974 words (2.8 pages)