What is stress?What relieves stress for people?Stress relievers are things people do to to take away or temporarily dispense stress in their life.Without stress reliefs their problems slowly mentally challenge a person negatively. Stress at extreme measures can cause mental illnesses and even permanent mental disorders into people 's’ lives forever. I became to have problems with stress too.I almost let stress get the best of me too!
It was a day in mid november, Spirit Lake was playing the game before state. My girlfriend, Olivia, traveled all the way from Emmetsburg with a group of friends to watch the game.. We were playing Sioux Center. They were ranked fourth in the state and we were currently ranked second. It was a pretty evenly matched game throughout the high school contest.The game came down to a couple plays that they made and we didn’t.They made the winning play and we didn’t they ended up winning 7-0.After the game many of my teammates including me,were upset about not ending on top of the league with a state title. My girlfriend Olivia, left the game early with little reasons for why leaving and not talking to me it at all. I was very upset that she couldn’t talk to me. I wish she would have given me a shoulder to mourn on. I mean it was over for us seniors. That would be the last ever game we would play together. I was pissed she wasn’t here for me.This was the start of some of my stress, Olivia and I began growing farther and farther apart from each other.Olivia started hanging out with her friends from her school more often and leaving little time for me. She would party on the weekend with her guy friends that did not like me. They wanted Olivia to break up with me, so that they could maybe have a chance with...
... middle of paper ...
...lot had changed in my life. I had gained around 18 pounds of muscle mass. Improving my weight from 170 pounds to 188 by March’s end. Lifting had helped me get relieve or hobby for Olivia and football. I didn’t think about them anymore. I mean I found something to do that kept me making positive choices and helped me better myself past Olivia and her nonsense. I felt accomplished and better person looking for steps only going up.
My situation has me telling people from adults to kids to follow their dreams and never stop believing in yourself. . Everyone with the right priorities and motivations in life can achieve their goals in life whether it 's becoming a better person or making it big with the career you have always dreamed of. I will tell everyone if you 're willing to whatever it takes to follow your dreams in goals it will happen. Nothing is going to stop you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- General Purpose: To inform the audience about the cause, affect and ways to manage stress. Specific Purpose Statement: The audience will learn what causes stress and how stress can affect their health, and how they can manage their everyday stress with different techniques. INTRODUCTION Attention Getter: Life is like a huge roller coaster, a journey full of twists and turns, and ups and downs. And sometimes in this journey there arises various situations where one is unable to deal with these turns, let alone have the energy to face the ups and downs.... [tags: Informative Speech]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Specifically looking at the correlation between the amounts of meditation completed in ratio to the level of physiological distress. The study participants included 331 monks and nuns from the monasteries and nunneries in Dharamshala, Northern India. Distress was measured using a twelve-question general health questionnaire (GHQ-12) see table two. Meditation in this study was defined as “the careful, nonjudgmental attentiveness to whatever occurs in the present moment (Verma and Araya, 2010, pp.... [tags: promoting immune function, reducing anxiety ]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Many people are concerned about the U.S. military because of how many risks come with joining it. However, the U.S. military also explains the benefits that one could receive. Joining the military is a decision that should not be taken lightly. One must understand all aspects of the military. In order for a voter to be fully informed about joining the US military, one must consider both the risks, like mental illnesses and commitment and benefits, like education, and experience. 1. Risks of Joining the Military: Mental Illnesses Suffering from a mental illness is a common effect of joining the military that many people aren’t fully aware of.... [tags: risks, mental illnesses, depression]
1042 words (3 pages)
- The foundational cause of human illnesses is infection. Currently, the most impacting and successful achievement in medicine is the development of vaccinations. Thus, numerous amounts of lives have been aided and assessed with modern medicine technology. The elimination of specific diseases has been eradicated throughout the world. Vaccine-acquired immunity is the most promising and successful way in prevention of illnesses and therefore should be a mandatory factor towards the welfare and protection of humanity.... [tags: Vaccination, Immune system, Smallpox]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Everyone has felt the weight of the world coming down on them at some point in their life. Whether they knew it or not this is a symptom of suffering from stress. Throughout this paper I will be discussing stress factors, types of stress, stress disorders and ultimately how to cope with stress. Stress can result in psychological, physiological, and sociological effects. By definition, stress is any uncomfortable "emotional experience accompanied by predictable biochemical, physiological and behavioral changes.”(Baum 1990) There are three levels of stress; acute, episodic, and chronic.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder, Stress]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- We spend much of daily lives working. In fact, Americans spend about eight-times as many hours working as they do eating and drinking (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2013). Approximately seven in ten Americans report that they experience symptoms of stress (Anderson, Belar, Breckler, Nordal, Ballard, Bufka, Bossolo & Bethune, 2013). Stress is elicited by a variety of psychological stimulus associated with our jobs, our residences, our social interactions, and the activities we engage in (p. 249, Franken, 2007).... [tags: productivity, illnesses, empowerment ]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- Stress: Causes and Effects Stress is an ongoing dilemma that occurs in each and everyone’s life. It is a factor that is undoubtedly a part of daily living. Due to the trivial problems that occur in people’s daily lives massive amounts of stress can arise. People perceive and manage stress in many different ways. The causes and effects of stress are numerous and one’s ability to manage stress is vital in maintaining healthy living. First, stress is defined as an unpleasant state of emotional and physiological arousal that people experience in situations that they perceive as dangerous or threatening to their well being (Patel, 14).... [tags: Cause Effect Stress Stressful Essays]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- As a college student and as a human it is normal to be stressed, everyone has different things to stress about and how they handle it. Well knowing that I have to try to write a fairly good essay it’s just another thing to be stressed about. I took all 3 of the surveys about stress because I felt I wanted to completely understand how much I am stressed and how I respond to stress. Before I took the test I thought I was going to be way more stressed than normal because it felt like it. After taking the “stressed out” test I discovered that my stress was at a normal/average level.... [tags: Physical exercise, Exercise, Stress]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Mental illnesses have been a stigma in society for great amount of time. Society tends to view individuals who possess these illnesses as someone who is insane. For this reason, many individuals do not seek treatment or deny their condition. If society learned more about certain disorders and the difficulty it is to live with them, perhaps the stigma will go away, or at least be reduced. The individual may then seek treatment with ease, as their mentality will shift from a completely negative perception of themselves to an awareness that demonstrates they are getting better.... [tags: mental illnesses, chronic condition]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Background Information of Food Borne Illnesses Food borne illnesses are occurring world wide with greater frequency than ever before and as a result, food safety is becoming an increasingly important public health issue. Governments all over the world are intensifying their efforts to improve food safety. Food borne illnesses are diseases, usually either infectious or toxic in nature, caused by agents that enter the body through the ingestion of food. "In industrialized countries, the percentage of people suffering from food borne diseases each year has been reported to be up to 30%.... [tags: Food Borne Illnesses Health Essays]
1651 words (4.7 pages)