Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.
I have come about what my strengths and weaknesses are in my writings. What I tend to do wrong in my papers is trying to get the topic to stay on the topic throughout the paper. I tend to jump around topic to topic and my sentences just start to run on and repeat the same things. My strengths in writing is making sure that I make sure that I always back up my points and make sure that my paper fits the topic. “Good start— the cookie description has nice sensory details to draw your reader in.” (Prof. Church) When re-reading my papers, I don’t seem to find mistakes that my revisers find. I believe that I just am use to the way I write and the in corrections don’t jump out for me. “Listen to this sentence aloud, and then re-word it more clearly.” (Prof. Church)
As a student, I feel that I have many writing weaknesses. I know that on my own, and because teachers have told me so. Some of the complications I face with writing is not using enough body paragraphs, forgetting a thesis statement, lack of word choice, punctuation errors, and etc. I am unaware at times of my mistakes, but I always try to correct them.
I have also come about my strengths and weaknesses...
... middle of paper ...
...up. I was able to extend more on researching and writing to join a scholarly conversation about any topic and not just simply reporting any first facts. Due to the writing rubric, I believe that I stand in the range of a B. I put all effort into each paper that I write, and I make sure that they are handed in or posted on the due date. I never slack during work and I always work 110% whether if my paper turns out excellent or horrible, I always tell myself that I tried my best.
Writing about my personal strengths is a challenging task that requires me to focus on the strong points that make up my character. However, to attack my weaknesses, is to challenge myself to take control over the areas that need some redefining of certain skills to make greatest success in life. My life is not defined by weaknesses, but more so the makeup of my personal strengths.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Strengths and Weaknesses Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- My Strengths and Weaknesses as a Writer There are no perfect writers on the planet we call Earth. Perfect in which they have no weaknesses in their writing. Everyone has their own highs and lows pertaining to their writing abilities. Through my experiences with writing essays in high school, I noticed a few strengths and weaknesses in my writing. The primary strength in my writing is the structure. To be concise with wording comes effortlessly to me, and therefore I do not ramble on to tangents.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Negative feedback]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- ... The policy also states that compensation assessed to be of value greater than $10,000 per annum, would be scaled back to the correct rate of pay. With this news I became concerned about how this re-assessment would be received by the manager impacted and the message the organization would be sending with it. I expressed my concern to the HR Director and my boss, as I believed that the employee in question would be negatively impacted by the organizational assessment and policy, and that we were dealing with an employee that had an excellent performance record and many years of service.... [tags: strengths and weaknesses]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Being a parent is by far the most fulfilling and toughest job anyone can have. One way to make the job of being a parent a little easier is by learning a child’s strengths and weaknesses. The importance of knowing a child’s strengths and weaknesses can be found throughout the short stories “Everyday Use” by Alice Walker and “I Stand Here Ironing” by Tillie Olsen. Assessing a child’s strengths and weaknesses is something that teachers have been doing in the classroom for a very long time. The techniques that teachers use in the classroom can also be used in the home by parents.... [tags: Parenting]
1388 words (4 pages)
- On a daily basis, we come in contact with individuals that we have to communicate with, wither it be for work purposes, educational purposes, or social practices. As active humans we cannot escape the idea of socializing or communication, therefor; we make it a daily routine who we communicate with, how we communicate with them, what we listen to and how we listen it. With this routine habits are formed, some are strengths but others are weaknesses that diminish the communication quality. It is extremely important for individuals to recognize these strengths and weakness within their communication routine.... [tags: Communication, Nonviolent Communication]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses We as individuals have to realize the importance of our strengths and weaknesses in order to make a difference in relating personal growth. Having different goals, priorities and special qualities about ourselves is what gives us individually. The purpose of this paper is to clearly define each of my strengths and weaknesses and figure out a way to identify my personal strengths and weaknesses. Doing so in order to enhance my learning process. In order for me to improve myself and enhance my learning process.... [tags: Personal Essays]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses What are my personal strengths and weaknesses. When I think about this question, the first thing that comes to mind is a job interview. I, like most people, find this simple question to be the most stressful moment of any interview. I want to give an answer that is imaginative but does not give the interviewer a bad impression of myself. In this paper, I will describe my strengths and weaknesses as I would to a job interviewer. I will give specific examples of my strengths and place a positive spin on my weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
1080 words (3.1 pages)