This Assignment will discuss the Strengths and Weaknesses of Time Management and their relationship with Stress in the Workplace, and how Stress affects the achievement of Personal and Team Goals. I intend to show how good time management can reduce stress and will base my findings on information I have gathered and a questionnaire I have written for my colleagues while giving examples of both good and bad time management
The Report will outline causes, symptoms and support available for Stress. This will be done by setting SMART objectives with the intention of reducing stress and improving productivity through use of good time and Stress management techniques.
• Know how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals
Fig 1 is taken from Covey (2001) and allows us to divide tasks into 4 groups, A, B, C and D with the A being the most Important and Urgent and D the least
I have added the text in Red as this enables us to decide the course of action to be taken with a task, thus promoting good productivity within the team
Urgency DELEGATE DO IT NOW
(Time) B A
URGENT BUT NOT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT AND URGENT
DISCARD OR DELETE DECIDE WHEN
NEITHER URGENT NOR IMPORTANT IMPORTANT BUT NOT URGENT
• e.g. for A - Phone an Ambulance when an injured person is unconscious and you are the ...
... middle of paper ...
...l could sit with their manager and make a plan to reduce the causes of stress; this may be delegating some work, taking work away from them to loosen the load and explaining help available to get out of the situation. This may be enough to prevent drastic action, such as anti-depressants from the GP, sick leave and problems at home.
Good time management is essential if people rely on you to do their job. Failure of personal objectives can lead to others failing and ultimately the company failing. There are techniques that can be used to help decide what is most important (Important/Urgent Matrix) and by setting SMART objectives this is the plan of action to allow you to achieve individual and Team goals. We must be aware of how our actions affect others in the business. Poor time management to lead to stress, sickness and reduced team productivity
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Introduction In the workplace, time management is an important factor in everyone’s day-to-day work. If a person’s time is well managed, it is possible to achieve a greater amount in a shorter space of time. How effectively people manage their time has a major influence on aspects of their working lives and their personal lives. Effective time management can have a hugely positive effect on a person, it can lead to a focused and disciplined mentality, giving a higher level of productivity, greater efficiency and an all round positive attitude in life.... [tags: stress, prioritizing]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- As an upcoming social worker I understand there are certain traits I portray that are strengths in the social work field. I also understand that were there are strengths, there are weaknesses. I did not realize what my strengths and weaknesses were until I began to practice in the field. Some strengths I have found in myself are good listening skills, ability to handle stressful situations, and time management skills. Along with those strengths I have found my weaknesses are speaking what I believe about a situation, procrastination, and taking on too much responsibility.... [tags: Time management, Procrastination, Management]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- After taking the Strengths Finder Assessment, the results were that my top five strengths are harmony, relator, analytical, communication and discipline. This was not surprising to me. I have heard and noticed those strengths from people in my personal and professional life. However, the information about my strengths helped me understand that I have a few unique talents that I never realized. The first talent is that I recognized that I enjoy and prefer to share the honors of winning with a group of people that I work with, instead by myself.... [tags: Management, Want, Need]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- In my professional behaviors paper I will be discussing my three strengths and weaknesses are. I will be writing, why I chose the behaviors. I will be supporting my choices by giving examples from my own life experiences. The three strengths that I picked were dependability, initiative, and empathy. The reason I chose these three was because they define who I am as a person today. The three weaknesses that I chose were cooperation, and stress management, and organization. I chose these as my weaknesses to explain what I have been dealing with since high school and they have affected my life.... [tags: Management, Psychology, Emotion, Thought]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Utilizing strengths based perspective with clients enables social workers to focus on the client and family strengths and abilities instead of focusing on the client and family’s problems, bad behaviors and pathologies. The strengths based perspective applies six principles that guide the social worker professional in assisting client’s with the strengths based model; we all have areas of strength, but sometimes it takes an unbiased third party to notice and help others clearly see what they are capable of achieving, even in the midst of their crisis.... [tags: Strengths Perspective of Case Management]
3089 words (8.8 pages)
- I have gained an abundant amount of knowledge on leadership throughout this course as well as discovering my own leadership style strengths and weaknesses. The Field Experience assignment will test my weaknesses in order for me to improve them. I turned to chapter two, Trait Approach and used the five major leadership traits as a guide to determine what areas I need to improve on the most. I believe I strongly portray determination and integrity in my leadership roles, but intelligence, self-confidence, and sociability need to be improved.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Confidence]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Every career requires specific soft skills in order to consider pursuing degree in that specific field. As a psychology major, some of the soft skills I need are Communication, Time management and Critical thinking. It’s very important for me to be fascinated with what I do in order to help others. The reason I picked these three soft skills is because having these skills can make me a great psychologist. Communication is required in every field of career, jobs or any sort of workplace.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Psychology, Mind]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Stress is something that everyone has to deal with in life, whether it is good or bad stress. Stress management techniques are a great way to deal with stress. Some of the stress management techniques that I learned from this course are prioritization, scheduling, and execution. Using these techniques has effectively helped me deal with my own stress. When it comes to dealing with stress I still have many strengths and weaknesses that I will explain. Some stressors I have in my life that I will discuss are psychointrapersonal, social, life events, and daily hassles.... [tags: Emotion, Management, Feeling, The Work]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- Everyone is embedded with things that make them unique. As individuals we each bring soemthing new, creative, and different to the table. This brings to to discuss personal strengths and weaknessess within myself and my everyday living. Personal strengths are areas where we tend to excel, and seem to express above average. Personal Weaknesses to me are areas where we would like to excel but seem to still need improvement. If I can, let me share with you my strengths and weaknesses and see how they effect my everyday being.... [tags: essays research papers]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Stress Management Responses to stressors present different impacts on each individual. Stressors have a physical and psychological effect on people although some people seem to be much less effected by stress being able to withstand high levels of stress almost as if there daily lives depend on it. Even though it is accepted stress is with us from are waking moment to the minute we sleep, almost all individuals through time suffer physical or psychological illness. Individual responses to stress have been put into to categories of personality type; a distinction has been made and put into a category of either type A or type B.... [tags: Papers]
645 words (1.8 pages)