As a small rural facility, government benefits can be utilized for projects that increase access to care. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is creating new requirements for facilities, such as increased technology and access to care (Harrington, 2010). These requirements have put a strain on smaller healthcare facilities, but there are grants and funding for rural facilities, such as Pocahontas Memorial Hospital. These funds can be used for the building and creation of the satellite health clinic until it is self-sufficient.
Weaknesses. The biggest weaknesses for this satellite clinic is the rural status of the community and the lack of finances to support a new facility. The rural state of the community also creates issues with physician recruiting and retention. There is about 10% of the physicians located in a rural setting, while 90% are in the urbanized setting (NRHA, n.d). This statistic is working against being able to open a new facility because the question arises as to who will provide the care of those that visit. A strategy will need to be put in place to recruit and retain the physician, as well as nursing staff, which will be providing care within the clinic.
Opportunities. The PPACA is creating oppor...
... middle of paper ...
...r strategies that pertain to this project would be the adaptive, market entry, and implementation. Adaptive strategies expand, reduce, or maintain the scope of practice. For this project it is expanding the scope of practice by increasing medical equipment and services that are being offered within Pocahontas County. A market entry strategy is a purchase, cooperation, or development of new services. This project is considered a development strategy, as the satellite clinic is an internal development and extension to the current Pocahontas Memorial Hospital services. Finally, implementation strategies look at service delivery, support, and unit action plans. This project will use each of those subcategories, as the new clinic will not only have the services that are wanted and needed, but it will have to compete to be the first choice in health care for the community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- SWOT Analysis The objective of a SWOT analysis is to help leaders develop an awareness of the factors involved in the decision. It helps leaders to identify both internal and external influences that will affect the sustainability of the satellite clinic. Perhaps most importantly, a SWOT analysis allows leaders to determine if the project’s strengths and opportunities outweigh its inherited weaknesses and threats (Taylor, 2016). Appendix B provides a summary of the SWOT analysis. Strengths PMH has an extraordinary amount of local support.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Medicine]
703 words (2 pages)
- A comprehensive satellite healthcare clinic will reduce admissions, as well as readmissions to the current single hospital within the county. This extra resource will reduce the possibility of competitors moving into the area, specifically those from neighboring hospitals that could bring the needed services that PMH is lacking and looking to provide. Additionally, consumers feeling forced to travel out of the area for care, or those facing the potential of being transferred out of the area due to the severity of the case as a result of inadequate primary and preventative care, or lack of space will diminish through these efforts.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Health]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of psychobiography as an approach to understanding personality. Psychobiography is research work from archival data such as letters, book, and interviews, rather than directly interacting with the person begins described. The studies of individuals suing non-experimental methods lack both the statistical advantages of large correlational studies and the advantages stemming from the control of independent variables in the experimental. (Cloninger, 2013) (p.13).... [tags: Psychoanalysis, Psychology]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Many people have different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to education I consider myself to have more strength than weaknesses. Most of my strengths I have helped me in life when things go difficult, but also has helped in school when classes get harder or I have to adapt and change with the program and also the way I need to prepared for that class. I coming back to school was difficult in the way of communicating with other fellow students. One of my major weaknesses was confrontation and also people skills.... [tags: Learning, High school, 2002 albums, Intelligence]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Brainstorming is an effective technique that combines people with knowledge of a variable, to share ideas and thoughts on the matter. Statistical modeling and the use of six sigma are technique that tries to discover factors that link two or more time series together historical trends to historical data collections. Delphi technique collects opinions of professional’s experts through survey to determine possibility of specific events. Utilizing these techniques, the strategic management process can evaluate and forecast on future of more detailed and complete formats.... [tags: Business Analysis]
707 words (2 pages)
- The challenges discussed must be overcome and recommendations for solutions for ensuring success of expansion with a satellite clinic. Strategies. Increasing the availability of care for the community to focus healthy lifestyles, providing job security for employees and sustained viability for investors is the goal of PMH with the satellite clinic. Recent healthcare reforms provide PMH with several opportunities to expand, with the ACA increasing the number of ensured patients, which will increase payments (Bradley, Gandhi, Neumark, Garland, & Retchin, 2012).... [tags: Patient, Hospital, Health, Problem solving]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses We as individuals have to realize the importance of our strengths and weaknesses in order to make a difference in relating personal growth. Having different goals, priorities and special qualities about ourselves is what gives us individually. The purpose of this paper is to clearly define each of my strengths and weaknesses and figure out a way to identify my personal strengths and weaknesses. Doing so in order to enhance my learning process. In order for me to improve myself and enhance my learning process.... [tags: Personal Essays]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- `` Letter From Birmingham Jail `` And Nicholas Carr
- Manipulation : How Exercise Control Over Those You Rule
- Changes Change Model : Reigeluth And Gerfinkle 's Model Of Systematic Change
- William Shakespeare 's Othello The Moor Of Venice
- The Industrial Revolution During The 19th Century
- Relations Between Power And State