The strengths and weaknesses of Skagit Valley College differ from which campus you attend. The particular strengths and disadvantages can range from: students able to retake their Compass Test, high school students can attend free, Skagit prepares students for four year colleges; but my campus does not have many classes, its first come/first serve, and it’s a small school that doesn’t have many programs. My campus has criminal justice classes, but not a criminal justice program. The class points you in the right direction but doesn’t help you in real life situations. There could be possible solutions for these weaknesses.
Students or civilians take a Compass Test to see where they lie at. Basically the Compass test is used to display to students what classes are most suitable for them to take. If you aren’t so jolly about your results, you can retake the test as many times as want in-between certain periods of time. This helps people recognize what their weaknesses and strengths are. If you don’t do so great on the first attempt, you have the ability to study and gain knowledge, and retake the proportion you struggled or wanted to achieve a higher score on.
Another strength that Skagit Valley College has is they communicate with the high school. So if a student at the high school wants to attend or take classes at the college, they can go free with their school paying for their classes that they agree to cover. This gives students the opportunity to excel at a college level and witness what college is mostly like. At the same time attending or taking classes at the college, high school students receive both college and high school credits. This helps students to attain information at a college level, graduate high sch...
... middle of paper ...
...ass, you’re able to ask a direct question without having to wait. The campus I attend to should hire more teachers if they move the priorities around. This would probably happen, but I don’t really suggest it as a solution because I’m doing fine where I am at in criminal justice.
Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of Skagit Valley College, I still continue on with my life doing completely nothing about any of these areas. Skagit Valley College is excellent enough for me, mainly because I want to graduate high school earlier with some college experience. The weaknesses for the college and criminal justice classes are not a huge issue, and do not cause any problems.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Rambo, Self-Assessment Seminar 7, LTC Self-Assessment As I work to identify, understand and develop my strengths and weaknesses revealed through several different leadership surveys and the curriculum of the Air War College, I felt it important, as it stands today, to analyze my abilities to lead at the senior (strategic) level in a dynamic Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental and Multinational (JIIM) environment. Therefore, after five combat deployments and a plethora of tactical and operational knowledge, I am looking forward to preparing myself for the move to the next level—Strategic—with an understanding of my strengths and weaknesses coupled with a solid plan for growth and develo... [tags: Problem solving, Decision making, Leadership]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Strengths and weaknesses are important for leaders to understand in order to create a successful movement; however, nobody is born with strengths. Everyone has naturally occurring talents that are individual to themselves. Over time, applying a talent repeatedly will develop that trait into a strength, which can then be applied to any situation one may encounter. I found the StrengthsFinder assessment to be an excellent measure of my talents. As a student who was involved in leadership and academics at a high level in high school, I felt as though I knew myself well.... [tags: Leadership, High school, College, Goal]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The policy also states that compensation assessed to be of value greater than $10,000 per annum, would be scaled back to the correct rate of pay. With this news I became concerned about how this re-assessment would be received by the manager impacted and the message the organization would be sending with it. I expressed my concern to the HR Director and my boss, as I believed that the employee in question would be negatively impacted by the organizational assessment and policy, and that we were dealing with an employee that had an excellent performance record and many years of service.... [tags: strengths and weaknesses]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- After reflecting on my Strengths and weaknesses that I addressed in my SWOT analysis I tried to come up with three goals that would push me to my career goal. I plan to get my doctorate in economics so that I may be a college professor. I was concerned with the time it would take to get my degree, but time has passed and I am no longer worried. I even visited the Advising center to clarify my degree plan and review the recommended courses. Community college is just a stepping stone. My eyes are set on A&M University and I plan to transfer in the fall semester of 2016.... [tags: High school, College, Money, 2006 singles]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Throughout the years in middle school and high school I 've had to write many essays. Every time I walked into class and on the board it said "Essay" the anxiety attacked. Writing essays was never my favorite thing to do and im pretty sure many people feel the same way. My last teacher said he liked the creativity I had in my writing the only thing missing was knowing how to writing correctly. No writer is born knowing how to write perfectly they all had to learn and that’s what I 'm doing except what they learned stuck to them.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Creative writing]
1056 words (3 pages)
- College freshman face many challenges and difficulties transitioning from high school to college. For instance, writing composition is one of the challenges I face in college. The final assignment; a portfolio, provides me an opportunity to discover my true strengths and weaknesses of writing college tier essays. Reflecting over my growth in the course objectives, I have been able to acquire the true strengths and weaknesses of my writing. Freshman writing composition assists in revealing my two strengths in critical thinking and personal responsibility in writing essays, but also exposes the two major weaknesses of my communication skills such as grammar and mechanics within my essays.... [tags: Writing, Critical thinking, Grammar, Essay]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- In my professional behaviors paper I will be discussing my three strengths and weaknesses are. I will be writing, why I chose the behaviors. I will be supporting my choices by giving examples from my own life experiences. The three strengths that I picked were dependability, initiative, and empathy. The reason I chose these three was because they define who I am as a person today. The three weaknesses that I chose were cooperation, and stress management, and organization. I chose these as my weaknesses to explain what I have been dealing with since high school and they have affected my life.... [tags: Management, Psychology, Emotion, Thought]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Personality traits can be manifested as strengths or weaknesses depending on the situation, and personality tests can help individuals maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses within the organizational structure. Organizational behavior is critical to organizational effectiveness, and these tests can also point individuals toward certain careers or organizations that are good fits. Pearson Education’s MyManagementLab (2016) contains a series of personality tests and the following discussion analyzes the results of these tests as they apply to my personality and my career.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality test]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)