“It will be an advantage in having doctrines of the three Services harmonized under a common system so that the commanders and staff officers in all the Services learn from the beginning to speak one language and work in complete harmony.” quoted by Dr Goh Keng Swee, the Defence Minister then in year 1970. Indeed, a joint Service may ultimately be the military organization which best optimise the advantages of joint operations. However, the road to create “a joint service” is no mean feat, one great challen...
... middle of paper ...
...ed their assistance in humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations. Singapore is no exception when she participated the recent operations involving earthquake at Nepal and forest fires in Sumatra.
The advantages to deploy assets with complementary capabilities and greater flexibility in offering more options in joint operations indeed are deciding factors in winning a war. However, the existing operating languages among the Services, difference in their operating standards and the needs to defend against the current threat environment have clearly questions the existence of a joint Service to optimize the advantages of joint operations against the current architecture of integrating different Services. As the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of a joint Service in planning and execute joint operations, integrating different Services shall be continued.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When Cross Border Mergers or Acquisitions happen the participating organizations need to understand the issue of differences in national cultural issues very well in order to set up a successful Joint Venture (JV). Each country has a different national culture and this needs to be recognized and addressed because it will ultimately impact upon the work culture of the fusion organization they are newly going to form. Geert Hofstede developed a model which seeks to understand how values in the work place are influenced by culture.... [tags: International Business Joint Venture India]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- The strategic team continues to work harder to design an effective strategy for global expansion for the company, more ideas, opinions, and suggestions from management to enhance and foster effective strategy (Winters, 2015). The easy will identify some considerations that needs to be aware for the business to remain competitive in China market, explain based on research and evaluation conducted if there is a chance for the business to be able to compete in China market, explain primary factor that led to the decision, analyze to someone who will dispute the position with position, and explain future modality and plans on evaluating the global marketplace respectively (Winters, 2015).... [tags: Culture, Marketing, Strategic management]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Why does strategic plan fail. 1.0 Introduction: Strategic planning is an organizational management action that is utilized to set needs, focus energy and resources, reinforce operations, guarantee that employees and stakeholders are moving in the direction of common objectives by setting up a full understanding around intended results, and evaluating and conforming the organization 's direction in response to a changing environment. It is a disciplined effort that produces key decisions and activities that shape and guide what an organization is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with an attention on what 's to come.... [tags: Management, Strategy, Strategic planning]
1263 words (3.6 pages)
- 1. Working title The Joint Africa-EU Strategy: Analysis of a common agreement 2. Summary and Outline of Topic With the signing of the Lisbon Treaties in 2007, the EU and the African Union (AU) decided in the ‘Joint Africa-EU Strategy’ (JAES) to further strengthen the co-operation between both continents. “The purpose of this Joint Strategy is to develop a political vision and practical approaches for the future partnership between the EU and Africa, based on mutual respect, common interests and the principle of ownership“ (The Africa-EU Strategic Partnership, 2007).... [tags: Diplomacy]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- The central theme of the article “What is Strategic Management?” is the meaning of strategic management and understanding of its aspects. The complex nature of strategic management initiates difficulties in defining the term. Therefore, the article is attempting to respond to considerations involved in the definition of strategic management. The case discussion led to provide a justified solution of the problem. A strategy has been defined as an organizing process that encompasses not only the formulation but also the implementation of the main organizational activities.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Organization]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Although Riordan Manufacturing has a generic strategic direction, a comprehensive strategic plan reevaluation and development must occur after the move to China. Environmental scanning, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, evaluation, and control are fundamental to the creation of a strategic plan (Wheelen & Hunger, 2010). Because, strategic planning is integral to the corporate strategy and success of Riordan the board of directors' requesting Team B formulate a comprehensive strategic plan for their organization.... [tags: Strategic Plab, Development, Reevaluation]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- Strategy Composition Deborah believes that the current research is narrow-minded and she would like to understand the different ways her company can expand their brand in the global market. In order to expand her brand, Deborah must create and follow strategies that will help her company gain a competitive advantage, in their given market. Having a competitive advantage is important because it enables a company, to perform at a higher level than competitors (Grant, 2013). The other strategies that will benefit John and Deborah’s company profile are joint venture, acquisition, partnership with a local firm or strategic alliance.... [tags: companies, global market, joint venture]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- A firm’s strategic decision remains vital in influencing overall firm growth through increased efficiency and effectiveness pertaining to productivity as it invokes the planning and development aspects within the organization (Anderson 2007). Strategic management remains crucial to the organization as it influences the development of an analysis of the firm’s position in relation to the internal and external elements influencing overall firm growth in the domestic and global markets (Gardiner 2006).... [tags: Strategic management, Economics, Management]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- TruDental Marketing Strategy and Tactical Plans 1. Background analysis The 2005 and 2006 have been educational years for TruDental where by the company had to go through a complicated process of trials and errors to find out what works and want does not as far as the processes, services, benefits and the consumer satisfaction is concerned. During this period, TruDental was forced to take a number of measures including a number of plan benefit alternations, staff changes and other financial hardships directly influencing the confidence and satisfaction of the members in particular and the market in general.... [tags: Business Marketing Strategy Analysis]
1664 words (4.8 pages)
- Wal Mart: Strategic Planning Introduction Wal-Mart is a brand that is well known around the world, especially in the USA. It has gradually developed into the largest retailer in the world. Wal-Mart’s globalization efforts have been happening rapidly. But have they been successful in all aspects of their international expansion or not. This is the main thought that is going to be discussed in this essay. The questions I will be looking at are based on a case called “Wal-Mart takes on the world” from the book of International Business The Challenge of Global Competition eleventh edition – Ball, McCulloch, Geringer, Minor, and McNett.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy ]
1947 words (5.6 pages)