During the first step of the strategic planning processes, an organization should create, a vision, develop a set of guiding principles, clarify the mission, and core values. Hence, values, mission, and vision are the strategic intents that signal the future of the organization’s ambition. Clearly identified strategic intents, do not have conflicting priorities, favor material and human resources, and yield smooth decision-making processes. After strategic intents are created effectively, the next step should be identifying the internal and external environmental factors of an organization.
SWOT analysis is a tool that provides a better understanding of the strategic situation of an organization either internally or externally. In SWOT analysis, an organization can id...
... middle of paper ...
...th information technology. Third, we go for the action plan establishing our strategic priorities, goals, objectives, and activities with their measurement tools. After we have done our action plans, we implement the service, monitor, and evaluate its performance.
In conclusion, expanding healthcare services need time, money, and personnel commitment to fully functioned the newly implemented services. Prior to implementation, an organization should clearly identify and analysis the importance of adding products/services to the strategic management plan. Hence, in our organization, we identified, and analyzed the importance of personal health record, and decided to implement the service.
Stephen, L. W. (2014). Strategic healthcare management: Planning and execution. Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A firm’s strategic decision remains vital in influencing overall firm growth through increased efficiency and effectiveness pertaining to productivity as it invokes the planning and development aspects within the organization (Anderson 2007). Strategic management remains crucial to the organization as it influences the development of an analysis of the firm’s position in relation to the internal and external elements influencing overall firm growth in the domestic and global markets (Gardiner 2006).... [tags: Strategic management, Economics, Management]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Strategy and the Strategic Management Process at Target Corporation Retail Trade and General Merchandise Target Corporation operates under general merchandise in a retail trade has about 30 to 40 departments and offers items such as household items, apparel, personal care, sporting goods, photoshop, electronics, jewelry, automotive supplies, pet supplies, pharmacy and Café (Advisen, n, d). Target Corporation is a top discount retail stores in the U.S carrying general merchandise as well sells online (Yahoo Finance, 2015).... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1067 words (3 pages)
- The events industry in the UK is one of the most flourishing and lucrative industries in the country. In 2014, the UK events economy had an estimated worth of £39.1bn and employed the equivalent of 430,000 full time jobs. Beyond the statistics, it is important to establish creative and effective management strategies across the event production, planning and operational board, without these, the aforementioned statistics would not be possible to achieve. The essay will identify the absolute necessity of strategic planning and management, health and safety, risk, and financial management, through to the planning and operational processes crucial to the survival of the industry.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Strategic Management What is strategic management. In this study we will view what a manager’s role is and the development of strategic management has an affect on their companies performance. We will examine strategic management, what the benefits and problems are when utilizing strategic management, and how to implement strategic management in the company. Strategic management is a process to enhance the goals of your business. This gives managers a strategic awareness and value of the company when strategic management is implemented.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Planning]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- What does it take to keep a company moving forward at a steady pace, in a forward direction and being successful at every twist or turn. Strategic planning will help any organization achieve their goals and also planning strategically will help them achieve them at a faster rate. A strategic plan according to the book Strategic Management by Ryszard Barnat states that it provides direction for an organization’s mission, objectives, and strategies. It defines the action steps by which a company intends to attain strategic goals, which also includes decisions that can greatly change the character or direction of the organization.... [tags: Strategic planning, Management, Strategy]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Using the information presented in the first chapter of Strategic Management and Competitive Advantage, this essay will show that my current organization does not have a working strategy, adhere to its mission nor is it guided by a set of core values. Barney and Hesterly (2015), highlight three significant points that are instrumental for understanding strategic management and implementing strategic direction in an organization. First, the authors define strategy, second they highlight the importance of implementing a good organizational strategy; and third they expound on the components of the strategic management process elucidating how a good strategy helps an organization gain and mainta... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- This blog describes about the strategic management planning along with different firms in order to have maximum outcomes to choose a valid and effective strategic plan to be implemented. The Strategy formulation is key to the prosperity of an organization or association. There are two noteworthy by process used by an organization or an effort parts of technique: 1. The Corporate system, in which organizations choose which line or lines of business to participate in. 2. The business or focused methodology, which sets the structure for making progress in a specific business.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- The concept of a stakeholder approach to management, suggests that managers must formulate and implement many processes to satisfy the groups who have a stake in the firm. The main task in this process is to manage and integrate the relationships and interests of shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, communities and the other groups in a way that ensures the long-term success of the firm. A stakeholder approach emphasizes active management of the business environment, relationships and the promotion of shared interests.... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
753 words (2.2 pages)
- Healthcare workers are obviously critical resources in remedying public health concerns. But on the flip-side of this taken-for-granted fact, is that the work is also quite taxing for those who do it. That said, it is important to be able to lead, strategically plan, and manage personnel in a healthcare organization to ensure their optimal performance, and the optimal quality of the given health care products that they produce. In fact, all three of these (i.e. leadership, strategic planning, and personnel managment) can really be thought of as distinct elements of the same integrated process.... [tags: Organization, Management, Strategic management]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Strategic Planning Processes - Google Step1. Evaluation of the organization’s current mission and purpose Mission: Organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Purpose: Allow users to be able to find information in many different languages; check stock quotes, maps, and news headlines; lookup phonebook listings for every city in the United States; search billions of images and peruse the world's largest archive of Usenet messages. In addition, support thousands of advertisers to use Google’s AdWords program to promote their products and services on the web with targeted advertising.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- A Significant Experience, Achievement, And Its Effect On You
- My First Job At The Age
- Are Genetically Modified Organisms?
- Integrative Approach : Psychoanalytic, Adlerian, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( Cbt ), And The Postmodern Approaches
- The 's Mare Nostrum Operation, And A Transition Away From Search And Rescue ( Sar )
- Technology And Its Effects On Society