... middle of paper ...
...changes could be more frequent. Additionally, we do not backup data. We use quicken for our finance system, and this has never been backed up. If data were to be lost, it would cause huge issues with stakeholders in my organization. Another area for improvement includes employee data protection. Timecards identify employees by social security numbers and these are emailed to Human Resources. A breach in this data would cause employee data to be sacrificed so I would advocate for employee ID’s instead of social security numbers. Additionally, timecards are stored in file cabinets that are not locked. Anyone can access these in our office including janitorial staff. I would advocate for creating a more secure locked system for sensitive employee data. Additionally, encryption could be used for some of our more confidential files, include business recruitment packages.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Formation of Strategy Strategic planning is an important process for organizations whether they are profit or for profit as it allows for reflection on where the organization is, how the organization can further its mission and vision, and the future decisions and actions that will achieve the strategy. Strategic plans can incorporate goals over the course of the next year or the next five years. It is vital for a NPO to think ahead strategically in order to support itself and flourish. Allison and Kaye (2005) states, “The fundamental phases of the strategic planning process…are presented in a logical serious of phases and related steps that allow for flexibility and creativity” (p.... [tags: Strategic planning, Management, Strategy]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- This paper examines the strategic management sector pertaining to financial planning and decision making methods. Managers use these tools often, in order to carry on day to day operations at their firms. Finding the right combinations of cost allocation and implementing strategic measures, can be complex at times. However, to remain competitive in the industry, companies utilize benchmarking and other techniques in order to monitor their competitors’. This paper analyzes various approaches that managers may use, in order to make sound financial planning and decision making.... [tags: Strategic management, Decision making, Cost]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- The Board of Directors and Staff of The ABC Service Agency developed this strategic plan with assistance from Managance Consulting. It provides The ABC Service Agency with a five-year roadmap for supports, services and organization development. The Board of Directors and staff will review progress quarterly and will review and update the plan annually as needed. This plan was developed with broad involvement and guidance from the Board of Directors and staff. The Strategic Planning Committee included seven board members and four staff on the management team.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning, Strategy]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Strategic Planning 1. Appraise the formal planning efforts at the Copley Company for the period 1981 to 1984. INTRODUCTION Copley Manufacturing Company was primarily a manufacturer of a wide line of cutting tools and related parts and supplies. Late in 1980, Mr. Sagan, director of corporate development and Mr. Albert, executive vice president agreed that regular formal planning should become part of management’s way of life at Copley. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY In 1981, Copley Manufacturing Company had begun formal corporatewide planning.... [tags: Business Planning Essays]
2431 words (6.9 pages)
- Every major company with an executive committee has a CFO. The CFO plays a big part in the organisation as he is the one that handles the financial aspect of the company. He should have the knowledge about the company’s cash flow, its assets and liabilities, financial records, budgetary control, investments and shares among other things. It may sound simple but before the CFO can report back to the executive committee if the company is making money or losing it, he has to go through the different departments of the company that deal with the finances such as the sales, finance and accounting departments.... [tags: Resources, Budget, Company]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- In July 2010, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services published the most recent version of Healthiest Wisconsin 2020: Everyone Living Better, Longer. A strategic state health plan, Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 (HW2020) was the result of extensive community engagement, assessment, and analysis in order to determine the current state of health and the changes that need to be pursued to improve upon that state. This paper will provide an analysis of the strategic planning process utilized in the creation of HW2020 and the resultant plan. Vision, Goals, Mission, & Values The vision, goals, mission, and values of HW2020 are presented collectively at the beginning of the document, with additi... [tags: health insurance, healthiest wisconsin, bryson]
3409 words (9.7 pages)
- Individual Report Strategic Human Resource Management plays crucial role in every business organization no matter if it is commercial or non-commercial. According to Dessler, “strategic human resource management means formulating and executing human resource policies and practices that produce the employee competencies and behaviours a company needs to achieve its strategic aims” (2011). This paper is focused on the analysis of relations between corporate and HRM strategy on the example of institution – KIMEP University.... [tags: business organization strategies]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- Succession planning is a standardized approach to an organization success in building a powerful leadership and a talented group of employees to ensure superior leadership continuation. It is essential that ABC Aircraft propose a succession plan in order to continue business beyond the next generation of leaders. Whether through private owner transfer to senior management or a leadership position transferred to a qualified family member, the purpose of the succession plan is to make it easier to continue the business success.... [tags: Business Management ]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Concepts, Models and Schools of Strategic management One of the duties of the managers of a company is to engage in strategic decision making. Strategic management is a broad subject on its own that borrows from other social science disciplines. According to AllBusiness (2011), strategic management involves all the activities undertaken by management to better place the company in the industry it operates in. It is important for every manager to realize that his firm does not exist alone in the business environment.... [tags: Business Management ]
2099 words (6 pages)
- Halliburton is one of the largest Drilling companies in the world. This company has over 50,000 employees and operates in more then 70 Countries including North America, Central & South America, Africa, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Oceania. Halliburton consists of two company divisions-(1) Drilling and Evaluation and (2) Completion and Protection This paper will go over the various aspects of Management planning within Halliburton. Planning Function of Management Planning is essential at all levels of the Halliburton Organization.... [tags: Business Management]
1093 words (3.1 pages)