Company Overview and Market Research
Overview of Company
Caninantics is a start-up company based in Atlanta, Georgia specializing in making pet food dispensing equipment and toys for the American market. The company is also planning on diversifying its market to include other canine care supplies and accessories, such as Bluetooth LE-enabled pet tracking device by the end of the year. The company has been in business for one year and after getting venture capital from various companies has planned to take on the market leaders and gain a substantial market share in the six months through commercialization of its major product, CaninFeeder.
CaninFeeder is a dog food dispenser which is manufactured using cutting-edge technology with emphasis on performance and functionality, total lifetime cost of the equipment and availability of spare parts. CaninFeeder is made to offer a more convenient way of feed pets while the owner is busy with household chores or away at work. It is also suitable for consumers who may have difficulty opening food cans. The product focuses on making the life of the dog owner simpler and less hectic. The product retails at $195 and features technology that reminds the owner to refill more food, processes the dietary requirements of the pet and custom-feeding scheduling.
Other Pertinent Issues
The company’s mission is to provide the American market with state-of-art programmable pet feeding equipment that is ideal for pets of all sizes. The company expects a market penetration rate of 16 percent due to the economic difficulties consumers are facing as well as stiff competition from companies, such as Nestle and Petmate. The company plans to venture into the Canadian and ...
... middle of paper ...
... beings. This has made more consumers get concerned with what their pets feed on and the equipment they eat from, whether the pets are overeating or getting a balanced diet, or whether they are being fed on time. These equipment also need to keep the food fresh and without oxygen. This provides the company a good environment to work on to provide consumers with products that meet their needs with regard to pets.
The technological environment is characterized with internet and smart phones with enable the pet owners to track the health of their pets. Advances in technology have also made it easier for consumers to gain information about competing brands and evaluate them to choose the best. Technology has also advanced the distribution system as people order products via internet at the comfort of their living room.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An Overview of Market Segmentation: basis, evaluations and issues It was pointed out by researchers that business from all industry sectors uses market segmentation in their marketing and strategic planning nowadays. (Dibb, 1998, p.394) Among marketing activities, marketing segmentation is virtual for company success. Researchers have found that the companies without a clear idea of the nature of the target segment the firm using a ‘scatter-shot approach ' to marketing strategic decision making are with little chance to success.... [tags: Marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing research]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- INTODUCTION An organization is established, it has some mission and vision. This mission and vision define its operation and research. To fulfill the organization’s mission they have to develop top level plans and sustain long term competitive advantage that is Strategy. Following this definition, when an organization has mission, develop a plan and understand the “sustainable” competitive advantage - where competitor cannot easily duplicate the firm’s strategy. The most difficult challenges facing organizations is that strategies are not always efficient as originally planned.... [tags: Strategic Sport Marketing]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- Overview: With an evolving market in the various fields marketing, companies needed to readjust their and update their marketing strategies. Centuries ago, a company that needed to market for its products would just post a paper note at the main town street and if people liked the product it would be sold. In the 21st century, marketing became an essential field and necessary branch in any company that plans to succeed. Aetna recognized this necessity and while analyzing the company’s strategies and structure, one can recognize the un-doubtful organization in identifying their target market.... [tags: Market Research ]
1396 words (4 pages)
- New Product Development is the process of designing, creating and bringing a new product to market. It is important that when businesses develop new innovations, they have the following eight stages included in the product development. By setting out the steps involved, and sticking to them, the product development will become a more focused and flexible approach that can be adapted for different types of products and/or services. This also applies to the public sector. Idea Generating – This process will normally start with the product concept.... [tags: Marketing, Strategic management, Idea, Management]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Company/Product Overview Sonance is a well-established company providing high quality customized speakers for in-home entertainment. After launching their Sonance 1 model, they progressed into multi-room amplification and eventually designed the first built-in system that would support the iPod. Operating as a lean organization with only 60 employees, they relied heavily on a network of dealer and installer word-of-mouth advertising. By 1999 Sonance had reached $46 million in sales. Similar to other companies affected by innovations in technology, Sonance was forced to change strategic direction in the early 2000’s.... [tags: Product management, Marketing]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- MARKETING OBJECTIVES OF COMPANY To earn market leadership is main objective of business. To earn a niche for oneself in the market, innovation is the key factor. Innovation may be in product, advertising, distribution, finance or in any other field. In technological environment, the product or service remains the same the method of performing the function is always new. Technological environment also includes research base of decisions. Research identifies the consumer needs and provides information for target setting and programming the complete marketing effort.... [tags: Marketing, Product management, Innovation]
705 words (2 pages)
- Marketing Strategy for Unilever South Africa UNILEVER COMPANY MISSION "Our purpose in Unilever is to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere - to anticipate the aspirations of our consumers and customers and to respond creatively and competitively with branded products and services which raise the quality of life". "Our deep roots in local cultures and markets around the world are our unparalleled inheritance and the foundation for our future growth. We will bring our wealth of knowledge and international expertise to the service of local consumers - a truly multi-local multinational." "Our long-term success requires a total commitment to exceptional standards of performance and produ... [tags: Business Marketing Plan Strategy Strategic]
4127 words (11.8 pages)
- Marketing at Kudler Fine Foods Introduction Marketing is not an option. It is a necessity (Forsyth, 2004). The definition of marketing as stated by the American Marketing Association and further described in the text by Kerin et al. is an organizational function and a set of processes for producing, communicating and delivering value to customers and for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and its stakeholders (Kerin et al., pg 8, 2005). Kudler Fine Foods has decided to explore new services which they might offer to their customers.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis Strategy]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Changes in the market and emerging promotional tools There has been a tremendous amount of change in the global markets in the past few years. This has predominantly due to the fact that there is a shift in the consumer mindset, consumption patterns, changes in demography and organizational attitude brought through by advancement in technology. This has led to a change in marketing strategies and practices across the world. Marketing thinkers and companies are prompted to frequently re-think their strategies and adopt new theoretical and practical approach to address specific marketing changes and also to think beyond the scope of traditional marketing theories (Constantinides, E, 2006).... [tags: Facebook Marketing Twitter]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Marketing Plan 1.0 Executive Summary The consortium of Memphis community theatres including Germantown Community Theatre, Theatre Memphis, Playhouse on the Square, Circuit, TheatreWorks, Harrell, and Arlington Arts Group provide immeasurable value in increasing cultural quality of life in the community. By working together with a strategic marketing plan they can increase the audiences from 60% to 75% of capacity, while building strong support for the years to come. Memphis corporate leaders support the arts, including the community theatres, to ensure that Memphis is a place the best and the brightest will come to work and live.... [tags: Marketing Business Essays]
3336 words (9.5 pages)