China Unicom and Ericsson Signed Telecom Management Contract (China)
China Unicom’s Anhui division, a major telecom company in the country, signed a telecom management contract with Ericsson for a period of 3-years. The contract would facilitate Ericsson to be the biggest telecom operating partner in the Province of Anhui. Under the terms of the contract, Ericsson would be accountable for transmission network, field maintenance of base station as well as fixed line network. China holds the biggest internet and telecom market in the world as well as superb telecom infrastructure facilities.
PLDT and Globe Telecom Unveil 4G Technology (Philippines)
Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) and Globe Telecom Inc. (Globe Telecom) both unveiled the 4G technology. PLDT would roll out Long Term Evolution (LTE) that is a high-speed atmosphere interface for mobile technology in Boracay. Globe Telecom also pronounced the launch of 4G mobile record in Metro Manila which would provide subscribers high-performance mobile broadband connection. The launch with an initial proviso regulating a customary Evolved High-speed Packet Access or HSPA+, would match Globe Telecom’s existent 4G Worldwide Interoperability for Wimax network or Microwave Access. Globe instigated the 4G mobile technology in Makati, Las Piñas, Marikina, Quezon City, Taguig, Pasay, and Manila. Globe anticipates boosting 4G participation by the end of a year with continued enlargement designed into 2012. The company would facilitate the consumers with 4G inclination as well as multimedia services.
Wimax, HSPA+ and LTE are the 3 technologies that would match the mandatory speed set by International Telecommu...
... middle of paper ...
...on registry). All these products handle the operators' voice and multimedia services and use the same hardware platform that is based on the commercial off-the shelf ATCA architecture.
Out of the overall suite, Open MSS will be the first to be shipped commercially in the first quarter of this year followed by Open MGW. Flexi NS and Flexi NG, which are also part of the portfolio, have been available since 2010.
The new Open Core System is being launched at Mobile World Congress, 2011 in Barcelona, Spain.
Nokia Siemens Networks is a leading global enabler of telecommunications services. With its focus on innovation and sustainability, the company provides a complete portfolio of mobile, fixed and converged network technology, as well as professional services including consultancy and systems integration, deployment, maintenance and managed services.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Strategic Management and Strategic Competition Introduction The Microsoft Corporation is a publicly traded company. It was founded in 1975 and prides itself as a leader in software and product solutions for individuals and businesses. Their mission and vision is to be a go-to source for everyone globally, and to be able to consistently produce platforms and products superior to the competition. Their comprehensive line-up makes them a very competitive business in the market, and one that can partner with a multitude of sources.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
706 words (2 pages)
- In today's business world, companies are forced to make quick decisions involving large amounts of capital and labor. The risk involved in such decisions is substantial, as firm leaders are forced to constantly evaluate their company's position and search for new ways of updating developments. Normally when facing financial crisis, a corporation's solution is reducing input costs while increasing its output volume by implementing cost-cutting strategies such us outsourcing or laying off employees.... [tags: Business Strategic Management]
1819 words (5.2 pages)
- As the world trends towards a more globalized marketplace, the need for a universal definition of suitable ethical standards and corporate social responsibility is imperative due to the recent upsurge in global welfare issues. If successful, every facet of the business and supply chain would concentrate on not only the maximization of wealth, but the well-being of all stakeholders. Until such time, many multinational corporations (MNCs) are continuing to encounter human rights issues resulting from unethical actions from overseas suppliers that conflict with their own code of conduct.... [tags: Social responsibility, Ethics, Business ethics]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Assessing Corporate Social Responsibility from the IT perspective Whether you subscribe to the Drucker or the Friedman school of theory on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the fact remains that society demands and expects the best level of responsibility from all organizations in terms of ethical guidance. In order to continue to grow in an extremely competitive market, a successful organization must possess the will and the power to continue to evolve in all elements of CSR. As with any other element of CSR, from environmental changes to information system challenges, an organization must learn to respond to the situation quickly and appropriately.... [tags: ethics, social changes, behaviors]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- In High school, my musical theater teacher, Ms. Renee Bucciarelli said to me during a rehearsal, “Matthew, don’t worry about the details around you-focus on your performance.” But I enjoyed the process of overseeing a production until its completion. When I performed I did not feel the same passion as I felt during the process it took to produce the actual project. Ms. Bucciarelli would always tell me, “I can see you have a production company some day.” I understood that I enjoyed creating projects, but I did not understand the premise of being a producer.... [tags: multi-media, production, film, television]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- A Strategic Audit of Research In Motion with Strategy Recommendations I. Current Situation Current Performance Research In Motion completed another successful year with significant growth in finances and product development. In 2008, the company was highlighted with revenue growing 98%. They earned $6.01 billion in 2008 compared to $3.04 billion in 2007. The customer base for RIM became much stronger as the blackberry subscriber account base reached over 14 million people. Several new phones were introduced and RIM shipped the 25 millionth blackberry smart phone in 2008.... [tags: Business Management Analysis Strategy]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow”. I feel that this quote effectively represents my personal journey towards achieving personal fulfillment through leading a purpose-driven life. This deep-seeded need for completion has led to me to be introspective and reflect over the course of my life and has ultimately fueled my desire to pursue a career in Corporate Strategy/Corporate Development within the healthcare industry. There are several reasons for this course of thought: One such reason is that I believe my experience as a business analyst will serve as solid foundation for corporate strategy in that the skill sets required to ana... [tags: Health care, Strategic management, Business]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Strategic Overview This document identifies AT&T as one of the leader communications holding corporation in the United States and global. Operating worldwide with 307,550 employees, AT&T established its global headquarters in Dallas Texas, AT&T is known as the worldwide leading provider of IP-based communications services to businesses and the principal U.S. provider of wireless, high speed Internet access, local and long distance voice, directory publishing and advertising services for more than a century .... [tags: Strategic Management]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- A diversified company has two levels of strategy: business unit (or competitive) strategy and corporate (or companywide) strategy. Competitive strategy concerns how to create competitive advantage in each of the businesses in which a company competes. Corporate strategy concerns two different questions: what businesses the corporation should be in and how the corporate office should manage the array of business units. There are three premises of corporate strategy, which any successful corporate strategy is built on a number of premises.... [tags: Corporation, Business, Strategic management]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction This paper will focus on the technological developments that are driving the pharmaceutical industry. Governmental oversight imposed by the Food and Drug Administration requires strict accountability and quality control. We will look to the fast food industry for best practices considering the FDA also regulates this industry as well. A repeatable and auditable system of production, operation, and distribution will be the cornerstones of the technology employed. Pharmaceutical Industry The pharmaceutical industry is a highly regulated industry that is subject to continuous audits and monitoring form the government.... [tags: Pharmaceutical Industry Technology Innovation]
1751 words (5 pages)