“Happy Halloween boys,” a rather tall man greeted me, and my roommate, on the corner of the pharmacy. Just behind the man, down the sidewalk two men were talking. They both seemed to be one of the people known the frequent the area by the pharmacy. Regardless, the men’s conversation began to escalate, as one of the men began to show his emotion and lose his composure. My roommate and I continued down the sidewalk towards the men thinking nothing of their disagreement. When we were just a short distance away, one of the men turned away from the conversation in a manner that was not expressly anger or frustration but it was clear had some emotional distress. As he stormed away the other man called out to him with a callous inflection, and almost laughing said “you wouldn’t have been robbed if you weren’t such a (expletive).” Consequently, this was the last straw for unfortunate man. Spinning quickly in response, the man confronted his verbal abuser getting in his face. The two men had a rather noticeable size difference as antagonist was shorter and sizably smaller. As a result, the antagonized man knew he could use his size as an advantage...
... middle of paper ...
...e fair to make the assumption fully, however based on location, and the fact one is holding a paper bag it would not surprise me if drugs or alcohol could have influenced the aggressive behaviors. With drugs and alcohol a possibility, they have an effect on the hormonal balance. One or both can have a serotonin deficiency as a result of lifestyle or another factor, which could also provide an explanation for the aggressive behavior.
In reality it is impossible to determine why exactly these men acted aggressively. Even if one were to ask them why they acted in this manner the individual would still not be able to fully explain why. There are a multitude of factors that can play into the aggression of both men. One can just hope that some the factors for their aggression can be eliminated or even reduced in hopes that the same interaction may not occur again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CVS 's retail pharmacy operations are functioning poorly and dissatisfying customers. Many customers are defecting as a result. A pharmacy service improvement team has documented the current prescription fulfillment process, its exception rates, and the problems generated by exceptions. The company must now decide how to change this process, and what information system changes to make in support of the redesigned process. Changes I recommend to CVS’s existing pharmacy fulfillment process Drop off, data entry, insurance check –all done while customer is present Data entry completed at drop-off while customer was still there – made it easier to verify customer insurance information.... [tags: Customer, Customer service, Pharmacy, Time]
706 words (2 pages)
- Let’s Stop Pretending The United States of America is a country with a large concentration of immigrants, with their own culture and beliefs. For many family’s talking to their children 's about sex or to be more specific birth control is not accepted. The information about birth control, most of the underage children are receiving comes from school, or friends. Schools sexual education class provides students with information on abstinence and the use of condoms, we should also be educating them on the use of birth control pills.... [tags: Birth control, Pregnancy, Sex education]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- As I have grown up and experienced college, I have encountered numerous people and fellow students aspired to become engineers and doctors, all eager to become esteemed members of the community because of the status such careers bring. I, however, have always been drawn to the career path of pharmacy and becoming a contributing member of my community in that particular outlet. A pharmacy is in many ways a pillar of a community’s overall health and wellbeing as well as a valuable resource for medical and insurance related information.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- According to a November 2014 Gallup Poll, pharmacists’ honesty and ethics were rated as "high" or "very high" by 65 percent of Americans. Not only do pharmacists have great principles, but also pharmacy as a health field is highly important and ever changing, bursting with vast opportunities. Chemistry, arithmetic, and social interface have always been captivating to me and Pharmacy is an area that incorporates all of them, along with many others, and without an adequate balance of these attributes the pharmacy will not function at full capacity.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical drug]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Pharmacy A career I have learned a lot about over the years and have become fascinated with is pharmacy. I chose pharmacy because I find it interesting and a job that helps a lot of people. My aunt has been a pharmacist for many years and has left a positive impact on many peoples lives. Moreover, my sister is completing her last year of pharmacy school and will officially be a pharmacist in May. However, my great uncle has played a huge role in the development of pharmacy and has received many awards because of it.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacology]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- As a student in SDSU’s pharmacy program one of the activities required to prepare us for real world pharmacy practice would be to shadow a staff pharmacist at the Jackrabbits pharmacy on the SDSU campus. I have had previous work experience in a community pharmacy and there are some unique features which makes Jackrabbits pharmacy stick out. Due to the Jackrabbits pharmacy small size it poses unique confidentiality issues. The whole pharmacy is about the size of a small class room which means that personal health information could be easily overheard.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist]
714 words (2 pages)
- Tools for Hospital Pharmacy Process Improvement (Graphics not availalbe) Abstract With increasing operation costs, patient safety awareness, and a shortage of trained personnel, it is becoming increasingly important for hospital pharmacy management to make good operational decisions. In the case of hospital inpatient pharmacies, making decisions about staffing and work flow is difficult due to the complexity of the systems used and the variation in the orders to be filled.... [tags: Pharmacy]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Pharmacy Technicians Despite popular belief, pharmacy technicians are more than laborers; they are specially trained individuals. Imagine a family member is admitted to the University of South Alabama Hospital with an acute case of pneumonia, which will require oral and intravenous medications. These medications must be precisely prepared and properly delivered. The common perception is that pharmacists prepare medications and technicians simply deliver them. This view of their job is both accurate and inaccurate.... [tags: Pharmacist Pharmacy Essays Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- English As A Second Language
- Racism, Racial, And Social Strain Theory
- Apple And Its Effect On Apple 's Business
- How Bilingualism Affect The Learning Process Of Children
- Ethical Dilemmas Surrounding Our Lives And We Are Unconsciously Responsive Through Our Opinions
- Native American Culture : The Ypsilanti Historical Museum And Archives