Many product tests performed on animals can be described as unusually cruel. Animals are forced through tests as skin sensitization, skin irritation/corrosion, eye irritation/corrosion, acute oral toxicity, reproductive/developmental screens, and developmental toxicity; usually without being given any sort of painkiller.4 With so many new, more advanced, and accurate ways to test products, why are we still resorting to the cruel, ancient methods? With many Americans applying “out of sight, out of mind” towards animal testing, now is the time to bring it t...
... middle of paper ...
...Network." NON ANIMAL TECHNOLOGY. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2013.
Daniel G. Hackam, M.D., and Donald A. Redelmeier, M.D., “Translation of Research Evidence From Animals to Human,” The Journal of the American Medical Association 296 (2006): 1731-2.
Marlene Simmons et al., “Cancer-Cure Story Raises New Questions,” Los Angeles Times 6 May 1998.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration, “FDA Issues Advice to Make Earliest Stages of Clinical Drug Development More Efficient,” FDA News Release 12 Jan. 2006.
"Types of Animal Testing." -The American Anti-Vivisection Society (AAVS). N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2013.
"Animal Testing - ProCon.org." ProConorg Headlines. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2013.
"11 Myths About Animal Testing." Do Something. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Dec. 2013.
"Cosmetics Tests That Use Animals : The Humane Society of the United States." RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal Testing is Animal Cruelty The way I look at animal testing is a form hateful cruelty. None of these people care about if it hurts or kills the animals. The cruelty has been going on long enough and I think it is time to stop. What people do not know is that animal’s react a different way to drugs as humans do, so scientist cannot apply the results to humans. Many animals go through screaming, unbearable, horrific; you cannot even imagine pain when they go through test for products that you use every day such as: Cosmetics, Household Products, Medical Products, even Iams dog products.... [tags: Animal Rights]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- Let me begin with the simple but true statement: we all are animals. For some people this might sound ridiculous, but in reality it is the sooth, whether we want it or not. What is the difference between us and other creatures. Is it our ability to think abstractly or talk or walk with the straight back. What is it that gives us the right to torture poor and innocent animals just for the sake of our own benefits. The answer is simple: it’s our eternal need to be beautiful and healthy. We are selfish monsters who kill our best friends animals.... [tags: Current Issues]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Millions of animals each year are used in product testing, medical and education experimentation. The animals are put through medical procedures and made to perform different acts all in the name of science. Although medical research has developed many treatments and cures to disease, the suffering and long term effects by animals during this experimentation is inhumane, cruel and often leads to the death of the animal. [IdeaConnection] Animals are used in experimentations for chemical, drug, food and cosmetic tests, biology lessons, medical training exercises, and curiosity-driven medical experiments, many schools still use frogs and rats in classes.... [tags: Invalid Results, Alternatives]
713 words (2 pages)
- What animals endure in laboratories is horrific and sickening. Animals should not have to suffer this much for unreliable experiments. They are not lab equipment that can just be thrown away. Animals are still living beings and deserve to at least live out their life. Activists of animal experimentation say that most experiments are not painful to animals, which is far from true. There is no law restricting the use of animals for experimentation. The only law today governing cruelty of animals is the Animal Welfare Act.... [tags: social issues, inhumane experiments]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Animal cruelty has always been a hot topic for animal lovers all over the world. There are many organizations to try and end the cruelty of these innocent animals. It’s sad to think an individual would think treating an animal aggressively is an acceptable behavior. If a human is accused of animal abuse, then there should be serious consequences due to their wrongdoing. Animals need to be respected in the same manner as humans. There are many ways that could be considered animal abuse. A human physically harming the helpless animal, puppy mills, hoarding animals, cruel animal factories and many more are all considered animal cruelty.... [tags: animal abuse, puppy mill, animal cruelty]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Fight the Cruelty Animal cruelty is a very sad topic, but it needs to be addressed. Innocent animals are harmed by humans, and not for self defence or survival. People do this just to do it, and that is why it is so ridiculous. Some do it to benefit from the animal, use them for things like fashion. There are other alternatives to making a fur coat, harming an innocent animal should not be an option. The fact that humans do it and get away with it is sickening. There are laws that protect the animals, but people, especially hunters, find ways around them.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, The Animals]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Is animal testing cruelty or science. This is the question that many people ask to themselves, and is one of the many controversial topics in today’s society. In my point of view animal testing is cruelty because animals can’t talk for themselves so they get kill and hurt, and we also violated their right by doing this. Anjo a member of the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) said “Animals feel pain; they have a right to decent life” (Nancy Day 2000, pg.12). It is difficult to determine how many animals are used for research, but experts agree the number is declining.... [tags: Science Experiment, Animal Testing]
1901 words (5.4 pages)
- ... No physical feature that tells you a particular animal feels less or senses less. Rats display sympathy for other rats as do humans which is why mentally disabled individuals have equal rights. Rats display very complex emotions and show instincts to protect each other, rats displaying emotions causes the question of how insensitive we may be acting. Rats show us that they are of senses and are similar to humans, if they weren't we wouldn’t be testing on them, rats aren’t less intelligence to other animals; So they deserve rights just as other animals.... [tags: Speciesism, cruelty]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- For years on end scientist have been using animal for testing of beauty products, ointments, medication, and other products people use in their everyday lives. This is argumentally a very sensitive topic that comes with a lot of debate. There are two sides of this topic, one being the scientist and people that see no harm in using animal when testing products. The other side being animal activist or people that see animal testing as animal cruelty. Personally, I am the type of person that sees animal testing as animal cruelty.... [tags: Science, Human, Effect, Experiment]
711 words (2 pages)
-  newspaper  measuring cups  1 cup of dry cornstarch  large bowl or pan  food coloring (if you want)  1/2 cup of water Put newspaper down on your counter or tabletop. Put the cornstarch into the bowl. Add a drop or two of food coloring. (Use whatever colors you like.) Add water slowly, mixing the cornstarch and water with your fingers until all the powder is wet. Keep adding water until the Ooze feels like a liquid when you're mixing it slowly.... [tags: essays research papers]
1243 words (3.6 pages)