The essential duties of a stockbroker are to buy and sell securities in investments and trading firms as well as implement financial plans for individuals, businesses, and organizations. In addition to the primary functions, a stockbroker acts as a consultant for customers wishing to learn more about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. All individuals pursuing a career as a stockbroker must answer seventy – two percent of the questions on the General Securities Representative Exam (Series 7 Exam) correctly to become a fully licensed stockbroker. In order to be a sales agent of securities and commodities men and women must be capable of performing specific tasks such as the ability to communicate with customers, knowledge of the stock market as well as technologies, and completing work activities. Each one of these skills allows for one to be effective in the workplace and perform to the exceptional standards of the brokerage firm.
The ability to communicate with others is arguably the most important aspect of being a s...
... middle of paper ...
...oth people. Last, value your accomplishments for it will fuel one to implement better financial intentions with potential investors. Satisfying the investor with more wins than loses in the market is a recipe for a long – lasting friendship in business. Future masters of the universe are born every day, but the ones that are most determined for a better life will come out on top.
"41-3031.01 - Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities." 41-3031.01 - Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Feb. 2014.
O’Day, John. Personal Interview. 8 Feb. 2014.
"U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d.Web. 12 Feb. 2014.
"What Are the Education Requirements for Becoming a Stock Broker?" What Are the EducationRequirements for Becoming a Stock Broker? N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Stockbrokers are very important people in our highly economic society here in America. They are the people who keep companies and individual peoples’ money safe and yet hopefully productive. Having money sitting idly in a savings account is not even close to living up to its potential. In our current economic crisis with interest rates so low it is almost impossible to earn any good amount of money. By using a stock broker yes, there is some risk but it is heavily outweighed by the fact a person can make huge amounts of profit by playing the stock market or potentially lose it all.... [tags: Career Description]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- The Career of a Stockbroker The career I wish to pursue is that of a stockbroker. I am extremely interested in the trading of stocks and financial holdings so the career of a stockbroker just seems to fit in with my overall plan. Numbers have also always been a fascination of mine and the trends of the economy and long term financial outlooks have often interested me greatly.... [tags: Stockbroking Investment Stocks Trading Finance]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Finding a career that is adequate for me in life can be a difficult challenge. Since I was a little my dream job was to continue the family business back home in Ohio. Many people choose their degrees because they do not know what they want. I am very sure that the degree that I have chosen is the right one for me, which is Business and Administration. I am now attending County Community College and I wish to end my Associate Degree here in two years. After I achieve my A.A. degree at County Community College, I want to transfer to University Of Central Florida to finish my Bachelors Degree.... [tags: Career Exploration Essay]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- My chosen career field is in public service. Precisely a career in firefighting. I believe firefighting is a great career choice as I enjoy the work that it involves, and there is a demand that will never stop for firefighters, as fire will always be around forever. The fire department offers a large variety of services to the public. Some of the major tasks that are performed in the fire service range from providing medical care as an Emergency Medical Technician, Entering a burning structure to search for any trapped occupants, suppressing the fire from the exterior or interior, removing a victim that is trapped inside a vehicle involved in an accident, cutting up a tree that fell over the... [tags: Career Exploration]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Picture this, a young girl wearing her mother’s dress and high heels teaching her dolls, or a young boy running around with a red hat and a garden hose. From an early age, many people dream of what they wish to become when they grow up. A few individuals follow this dream; while others leave it behind as a childhood fancy and proceed to accomplish something completely different. Regardless of whether the career a person chooses was a childhood dream, or one decided on later in life, they should conduct significant research on the career.... [tags: professional career choices]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- All college students should partake in career exploration project because it gives structure and direction. The result from an assessment identifies and prioritizes which careers will best suit an individual person or student. It does not necessarily mean they have to pick that particular job or career; it gives them more chooses to choose from. Career exploration is a life long journey that is emotionally, physically and mentally stress full. I say lifelong because as time goes on so does an individual’s views, abilities and skills.... [tags: professional choices, higher education]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- The trip to the closest star at one mile an hour, would take around 70,000 years. To get that far, the space program will have to have better technology that we already have (Reed). The Gravity on the moon has one-sixth the gravity of Earth. Even though some people think space exploration is a waste of time, money, and resources, more advancements need to be made with space exploration because is creates jobs, a way to find more resources, and man kind needs a planet to fall back on. To begin to talk about the future of the space program, one must first read about the past.... [tags: Space exploration, NASA]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- The beginnings of the exploration of outer space did not include women as being part of the plan. Like many fields of work in the history of the United States, women had to break down barriers and push their way into the space program. Makers: Women in Space, highlights the origins of women making their debut at NASA, and how women have become some of the most influential astronauts and scientists in American history. This film is ultimately a great resource that argues the case that women are as competent as astronauts as men are, because it outlines women’s role in the history of space and because it shows the success women had upon being allowed to enter the field.... [tags: Space exploration, NASA, United States]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- My ultimate value is my family. My vision for my own self is to live happily with my family in the future. I love to spend my spare time with them. Hanging around with friends and family make me feel well. I love to play on computer. I also love to play with the magical numbers. I like surfing on the internet, exploring new things, reading articles related with health, life, and economic events such as the stock market, financial companies, investment corporations, etc. I think being a citizen of a country, we should somewhat at different aspects of life to better know how well or bad the economy of our country is experiencing.... [tags: Self Evaluation Reflection Career]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- I have known from an early age that I’ve wanted to become a doctor. Helping people has always been a passion of mine. When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian. However, after working with young children I have found that I love working with them, and have a connection with children. Currently, I am interested in becoming either a neonatologist or a general pediatrician so I can continue to work with young children. Most commonly, neonatologists work in a hospital under stressful conditions and long, unpredictable hours.... [tags: personal statement, neonatologist]
966 words (2.8 pages)