This movie birthed Amblin E...
... middle of paper ...
...o all the Hollywood hullabaloo. Retrieved March 27, 2011, from Entertainment Weekly: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,304248,00.html
The Best 'Amblin Entertainment' Movies. (n.d.). Retrieved April 15, 2011, from Flickchart: http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?franchise=173
Tolson, J. (2008, November 19). America's Best Leaders: Steven Spielberg, Filmmaker. Retrieved April 10, 2011, from U.S. News Weekly: http://www.usnews.com/news/best-leaders/articles/2008/11/19/americas-best-leaders-steven-spielberg-filmmaker
Ward, A. (2003). The Leadership Lifecycle: Matching Leaders to Evolving Organizations. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
WEINRAUB, B. (1994, October 12). Katzenberg to Form Studio With Geffen and Spielberg. Retrieved March 20, 2011, from New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/12/business/katzenberg-to-form-studio-with-geffen-and-spielberg.html?src=pm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Jaws (1975), directed by Steven Spielberg, is considered to be the first “blockbuster” film ever created. A blockbuster in film is defined as a motion picture or novel, especially one lavishly produced that has or is expected to have wide popular appeal or financial success. Jaws came out on June 20, 1975. Bill Higgins states in his article, “Jaws ' place in Hollywood blockbuster history was cemented in the summer of 1975 when it was No. 1 at the box office for 14 consecutive weeks en route to making history as the first film to gross more than $100 million” (Higgins).... [tags: Jaws, Steven Spielberg, Film, Blockbuster]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Saving Private Ryan was directed by Steven Spielberg in 1998. It was written by Robert Rodat, who was inspired to write a script based on a monument he had visited which was dedicated to four brothers from the American Civil War. Some famous actors star in the film including Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Vin Diesel and Tom Sizemore. I think Saving Private Ryan is very emotional and has a great effect on the audience. This is because of all the action and emotions that the soldiers are going through in the battle, and it also shows what really happened in the .... [tags: Saving Private Ryan, Steven Spielberg, ]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’ a joint production from Paramount and DreamWorks pictures, directed by the superb Steven Spielberg, was awarded four academy awards for this film alone, in addition to winning an Oscar for best director of the year 1999. The star studded cast including Tom Hanks, as Captain Miller and Matt Damon, as Private Ryan turned out to be one of the best war films ever made. Spielberg’s idea of the movie was to create a chaotic war film that actually made the audience feel they were involved with all the confusion going on during WWII.... [tags: Saving Private Ryan, Steven Spielberg, films, mili]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List Schindler's List, the award winning film directed by Steven Spielberg, is becoming a significant teaching tool in high schools across the nation. Spielberg himself explained why in the Foreword to the study guide Facing History prepared through a grant from his production company, Amblin Entertainment, and Universal Films. He wrote: There are far too many places where hate, intolerance, and genocide still exist.... [tags: Spielberg Schindler's List Movie Film]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- According to Ward, the creation phase is the early entrepreneurial stage of the company as the entrepreneur assembles the beginnings of an organization geared towards bringing the organization’s first product or service to market. In this phase, the Creator’s role is to create the organization from scratch, breathe life into the organization, and establish the organization out of nothing (Ward, 2003). When Spielberg was in college, he wrote a screenplay titled, Amblin’. This movie was about a teenage couple making their way through the desert to get to a beach that symbolized paradise.... [tags: Biography ]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Suspense in Steven Spielberg's Movie Jaws Steven Spielberg, the creator of Jaws, uses many different techniques to draw in the suspense of viewers and to capture their imagination. These techniques include special effects – to create tension, different camera angles – to show facial expressions and group shots. The classic Jaws music, known by millions of people, also helps build up tension, to let us know when the shark is approaching. He uses colours, so that we can associate signs and symbols to forthcoming events, e.g.... [tags: Movie Film Suspense Spielberg Jaws Essays]
2836 words (8.1 pages)
- Steven Spielberg It is hard to imagine a person who has not heard of Steven Spielberg. He is one of the most renown, if not the most renown, American filmmakers of the century. His films have captivated and helped develop imaginations of contemporary society and remain among the most successful films ever made. Spielberg was born in Cincinnati on December 18th, 1946. His father was an electrical engineer, and his mother a concert pianist. Steven seemed to get the best elements from both of them.... [tags: essays papers]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- Steven Spielberg Steven Spielberg is an American motion-picture director, producer and executive, who has achieved great commercial success and is among the most popular film-makers of the late 20th Century. Spielberg made his first film at the age of 12. In 1969, his short film “Amblin” came to the attention of Universal Pictures and he signed a seven-year contract with them. His earliest commercial efforts were television movies, which included the f m “Duel” made in 1971, and which gained him wider recognition.... [tags: Essays Papers]
398 words (1.1 pages)
- Steven Spielberg As a kid in Phoenix, Steven Spielberg charged admission to his home movies while his sister sold popcorn. Although Spielberg excelled at making movies he was not a good student. He hated school and was one of the most unathletic students there. His movie making career began at the age of twelve when his father bought a movie camera that Spielberg used all the time. Instead of doing his school work he was using the camera. While he was working with his mom and sister on his projects, his father helped him make miniature sets out of paper mache.He turned out his first production, with script and actors, when he was thirteen, and a year later he won a prize for a forty... [tags: essays research papers]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- I'm Steven Spielberg and I was born in Cincinnati on December 18, 1947, but I was mainly raised in New Jersey and Arizona. When I was 12 years old I used my dads 8mm camcorder and made a movie. I continued to make films with the camcorder for five more years until I went on a trip to Universal Studios. I was 17 years old and I broke away from the main tourist group to see the sound stages. I bumped into the head of Universal's editorial department, Chuck Silvers. We talked for about an hour and he wanted to see some of my 8mm films.... [tags: essays research papers]
589 words (1.7 pages)