The five steps in the decision making process needed to decide what to do in my situation includes; 1) Problem recognition, 2)Information search, 3)Evaluation of alternatives, 4)Product choice, and 5)Post purchase evaluation. I was tired of the poor mass transportation in Texas, a car would give me more freedom and time. I needed a car! During my information search, I asked my friends in Austin (Rebekah and Dan) why they chose the cars they have. We looked online at car maker websites such as Mazda, Toyota, Honda and Nissan. Dan pulled up www.edmunds.com which helped them in their decisions. I also spoke to my friend in Corpus Christi who had recently bought a Toyota Tacoma. For further information, I called my dad and asked him what he thought about the cars out there. He had been car shopping himself. He had bought all of the car comparison magazines including Car and Driver, Consumer Reports, etc. When I was evaluating the alternatives or evaluating criteria, I finally narrowed it down to the Toyota Corolla, Toyota Tacoma, and Honda Civic. I proceeded to write down the pros and cons of each automobile. Finally, in the fourth decision step, I decided on the Toyota Corolla. The car pretty much sold itself. I liked the car since it had great gas mileage, was visually appealing, reliable, and great acceleration for a manual 4 kicker. The interior looks like it belongs in a more expensive car, and ability to seat 4 adults comfortably. Often times, after I have made a ...
... middle of paper ...
...e. The product itself came washed and vacuumed, had a full tank of gas and a 3yr/36,00mi bumper to bumper warranty. Toyota priced their quality product at a decent cost allowing me to purchase it. The after purchase services included free oil changes when I get the changes done at their facility in Austin. Usually they have a 30 minutes to an hour turnaround with most basic services. Toyota also offers extended warranties to your tires, paint, engine, etc. Security systems, roadside assistance, gap insurance are also items you can tack on the the package and cost of your car. The tricky part is they will tell you what extra services or products you can purchase. They then proceed to tell you practical instances when you wish you had these "extras." The name of the game is to make the buyer believe they cannot imagine how they can live without these "extras."
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- So, are you interested in buying a new car, or at least a new used car. Well don’t let the problems of car buying deter you. Although buying a car can be an intricate and tedious process, there are certain guidelines even professional car buyers follow. With a few points of information on how to find the right car, the tedious car-buying process can be made easy. Car-buying really starts with what you want from your car. This is the most important step of all because buying something you really don’t want could be the biggest disappointment of all.... [tags: Automobile, Debut albums, 2008 albums, Need]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Steps to Selling a Car It may seem like selling a car should be as easy as putting a sign on it and saying it is for sale. However, it is not always that easy. The truth is, there are a lot of things that you should do before putting the, “For Sale” sign on it. By doing so, you ensure that you get all of the money you can for your vehicle and that you are doing it the safest way possible. Gather Important Papers One of the first thing you need to do before selling your vehicle is to gather up all of the paperwork that you can regarding your vehicle.... [tags: Automobile, Sales, Want, Walking]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- For many the process of buying a vehicle loan is intimidating. Understanding the loan process and preparing before shopping gets the financing in place faster. It starts with comprehending the foundation of a car loan. In most cases the loan begins at the dealership. Some buyers have an established relationship with banks or credit unions offering auto loans. In either case, loan conditions define how the amount borrowed gets paid back. The monthly payment includes the prevailing interest rate for the life of the loan.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Interest, Personal finance]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Buyer behavior plays an important role when buyer purchases a product. It is important to satisfy need and want. Likewise, buyers differ in the way they purchase a certain product. Buyer behavior is “the study of individuals, groups, or organizations and the processes they use to select, secure, use, and dispose of products, services, experiences, or ideas to satisfy needs and the impacts that these processes have on the buyer and society” (Hawkins & Mothersbaugh, 2013, p. 6). A process that buyer go through in deciding the purchase of product or service to satisfy needs and wants is the buying decision process.... [tags: contracting and procurement]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- If you’ve always had a need for speed and have wondered how to get into touring car racing, understand that at first it is a long and winding road, but not impossible. Other people, perhaps less talented people, have succeeded, so why not you. If you are truly convinced that the touring car racing industry is your niche, you must first get on track with a few basic first steps to learn how to get into touring car racing. Things you will need: Binoculars Mechanic Tools Racing Simulators Uncut Videos NASCAR 50th Anniversary Southern Exposure Videos Jump start your car racing career early.... [tags: Instructional Essay, Process Essay, How-To Essay]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- Process Essay Thesis: The majority of the American population has very little, or no understanding of the used car trade. A simple understanding on when and where to sell, how to get your car ready, writing a classified ad, negotiating, and making a contract. With consumer demand rising and supply constrained by several factors, including the tendency of new-car owners to hang on to them longer, prices for used vehicles have been climbing steadily. According to one recent study, nearly three times as many shoppers now want to buy a used, rather than a new, vehicle.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1037 words (3 pages)
- A Student's Reaction to Used Car Websites Getting a used car instead of a new car is becoming a trend in America today. People do not want to spend money for new cars cause of the fact that cars’ values diminish significantly. This is exactly what my friend thought when he bought his used Acura CL 2.3 Coupe 2D for 13,500 dollars last years from a local dealer. Now the question is whether the price he paid really makes sense considering the current options and conditions of the car. Unfortunately, my friend didn’t even do any research before he bought this car.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Installing Car Audio When a person gets into a car, one of the first things they do is turn on the radio. Some people like the volume turned down real low and others like myself want loud blaring music. There are several steps to turn a factory sound system into a surround sound theatre. I have installed all kinds of car audio equipment into automobiles and it doesn’t come cheap. First thing anyone wants to do is to set a price range and compare prices at different retailers. The price range will vary between $200 and $5000 depending on what factory items are replaced or added.... [tags: Papers]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- CRM Implementation at Audi In early 2000’s when global car markets, particularly luxury car markets were getting more and more competitive and consolidated, and product innovation was increasingly becoming imperative for all leading luxury car makers, Audi took strategic decision of making a Premium customer experience with the support of CRM its core competency with the long-term commitment to make the car buyer lifecycle and experience as hassle-free and personalized as possible. The case is mainly narrates the CRM progress of Audi till 2004 and mainly focuses on Italy operations and steps taken in that region.... [tags: global car markets, luxury car markets]
2380 words (6.8 pages)
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)