Stephen King was one most of the popular American authors in history. He was
born in Portland, Marine on Sept 21, 1947. He was raised by his mother, Nellie Pillsbury,
and his father, Donald King. Today, Stephen King and his wife, Tabitha King, are living
in Florida. “He and Tabitha Spruce married in January of 1971. He met Tabitha in the
stacks of the Fog Library at the University of Maine at Orono, where they both worked as
students.” (King) He published his first horror novel while study at the University.
“While at college, King supported his education and family’s hard pressed finance by
taking small jobs and selling stories to various magazines.” During his early career, he
was famous for a series of horror novel called, “Dark Tower Stories”. In the late 1990s,
he was injured by a car crash which resulted in a very bad condition in his leg and lung,
too (“Stephen Edwin King”). Now, he and his wife support local community charities
and a scholarship for local high school students in Florida (King). Stephen King show of
his life where it has influences of his writing and how it did impact many people.
King’s fascination with honor of fact his writing throughout his career. The first
evidence of Stephen King being very interest in horror showed in his work in his early
education (“Stephen Edwin King”). He read a scary comic book which affected how he
wrote (“Biography of Stephen King”). “Much of King’s early works were science fiction
based, but because he lacked the scientific grounding, they tended to be a bit thin on
detail, but still excellent for someone of his age.” Later, he combined science fiction and
fantasy in his writing to have more eff...
... middle of paper ...
King, Stephen. "The Stand." www.goodreads.com.
Goodreads Inc, 11 Feb 2014. Web. 11 Feb 2014.
King, Tabitha. "The Author."
http://www.stephenking.com/. Stephen King, 06
Feb 2014. Web. 6 Feb 2014.
"Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition."
www.stephenking.com. Stephen King , 23 Apr
2012. Web. 9 Feb 2014.
"Stephen Edwin King." www.thefamouspeople.com.
FAMOUS PEOPLE, 06 Feb 2014. Web. 6 Feb
14 Feb 2014. Web. 14 Feb 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Stephen King was one most of the popular American authors in history. He was born in Portland, Marine on Sept 21, 1947. He was raised by his mother, Nellie Pillsbury, and his father, Donald King. Today, Stephen King and his wife, Tabitha King, are living in Florida. “He and Tabitha Spruce married in January of 1971. He met Tabitha in the stacks of the Fog Library at the University of Maine at Orono, where they both worked as students.” (King) He published his first horror novel while study at the University.... [tags: american authors, the stand]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Stephen Edwin King, one of the greatest horror writers of the 20th and 21st century, was born on September 21, 1947 in Portland, Maine. Stephen was born at the Maine General Hospital. He was the second son, and only son born from his mother, of the King family. Stephen had a older brother who was adopted two years prior to Stephen’s birth. (1) (2) (5) Stephen King’s parents were only together for a short while after Stephen was born. Stephen, only being a toddler, his father, Donald Edwin King, left Stephen’s mother, Ruth Pillsbury King, leaving her to care for the family with the help of relatives.... [tags: Stephen King Biography]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- Stephen King a very popular story writer is most famous for his horror fiction stories. He has written many books that have inspired other writers to write and other people to read more. He has made many accomplishments that a lot of writers have never achieved. According to his biography, King has sold fifty bestsellers, and has acted in a few movies that are based on his books. The use of Suspense as a literary element is constant in books written by Stephen King. This will examine Stephen King’s life and the literary criticism of his short story, “The Two Dead Girls” The Green Mile.... [tags: Biography ]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Stephen King is known by many as a successful author, but every author is only as good as his or her works. King has produced various types of works such as short stories, novels, novellas, screenplays, and comics. His work has been the “most important bridge between the horror genre and literary respectability from the late 1960s and 1970s up to the present time” (Hoppenstand 3). Stephen Edwin King was born September 21, 1947 in Portland, Maine. He is the second son of Donald Edwin and Nellie Ruth King.... [tags: Biography]
2354 words (6.7 pages)
- Stephen Edwin King was born in Portland, Maine in 1947, the second son of Donald and Nellie Ruth Pillsbury King. After his parents separated when Stephen was a toddler, he and his older brother, David, were raised by his mother. Parts of his childhood were spent in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where his father's family was at the time, and in Stratford, Connecticut. When Stephen was eleven, his mother brought her children back to Durham, Maine, for good. Her parents, Guy and Nellie Pillsbury, had become incapacitated with old age, and Ruth King was persuaded by her sisters to take over the physical care of the elderly couple.... [tags: biographies bio biography]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- The King of Horror Films The Write Brigade Stephen King Research Paper Outline 1. Introduction a. Short biography b. Thesis Statement: Stephen King uses many different elements in order to scare his readers. The elements include supernatural elements, real life scenarios, and fear of the unknown. 2. How substance abuse and a childhood accident affected King’s creativity a. Heavy drinking b. Harder drugs c. Intervention and Sobriety d. Watching one of his friends getting hit by a train 3.... [tags: Literature]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- The Master Of Malice “It starts with this: put your desk in the corner, and every time you sit down there to write, remind yourself why it isn’t in the middle of the room. Life isn’t a support system for art. It’s the other way around” states Stephen King in his book On Writing (94). Stephen King is a world-renowned author for his works in horror fiction, fiction, cinema and television. He has published more than forty novels and written nine screenplays (Adams 1). Stephen King draws a great deal of his inspiration from his surroundings, his job and his life experiences.... [tags: essays research papers]
2602 words (7.4 pages)
- BIOGRAPHY ON STEPHEN KING Stephen Edwin King was born in Portland, Maine, on September 21, 1947, the son of Donald and Nellie Ruth king. His father, a merchant seaman, deserted the family in about 1950. His mother took a succession of low-paying jobs to support him and his brother, David. A lonely, rather introverted child, King invented a more outgoing alter ego – Cannonball Cannon, a daredevil who “did good deeds” – and derived other vicarious thrills from listening to tales of horror on the radio, reading such spine-tingling comic books as Weird Science, Tales from the Crypt, and Tales from the Vault.... [tags: Essays Papers]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Stephen King; A voice in the Dark “People always ask me why I write such terrifying stories, and my reply always is; Why do you think I have a choice?” Stephen King is one of the world’s bestselling authors (and was before J.K. Rowling published Harry Potter). he is most known for his Horror stories, like IT or ‘Salem’s Lot. But also for his Horror/Fantasy novels, Like The Dark Tower Series. He writes about his fears, his problems, and things he’s overcome, and sometimes the odd. Stephen King (full name is Stephen Edwin King) was born on September 21st, 1947 in the small town of Portland, Maine.... [tags: horror stories, writing, fantasy novels]
1794 words (5.1 pages)
- Both Harper Lee and Stephen King are well known authors throughout the novel world. This could not be accomplished by both of them with out great individual writing styles. While Harper Lee and Stephen King both exemplify great writing styles in relation to the six traits of writing in their books, Harper Lee chooses to focus more on voice in her work by holding the readers attention by using great diction in To Kill a Mocking Bird, while Stephen King prefers to focus more on idea development from using great and vivid detail that is set in a realistic everyday place in his style of writing.... [tags: Literary Comparison]
480 words (1.4 pages)