STEM education is vital to the future success of America’s economy and its future workers. “STEM job creation over the next 10 years will outpace non-STEM jobs significantly, growing 17 percent as compared to 9.8 percent for non-stem positions” (Why STEM Education Matters, 2011, para. 1). Many companies are resorting to outsourcing the technology and engineering part of these jobs. “Google, Microsoft, IBM, Facebook, and other major tech companies -- insist businesses cannot find the skills they require in the domestic labor market and need access to a bigger, global pool of STEM workers” (McSherry, 2013, para.11). However, if the domestic pool of these workers were greater, then companies would no longer be required to import them. A reevaluation of the level of education that students are leaving American high school with is taking place. Innovative changes made within the schools will hopefully bring the U.S. up to the level of education global workers are receiving, but we must begin when child...
... middle of paper ...
...or a recovery of the jobs that were previously outsourced to be done by Americans for America, facilitating economic growth and prosperity.
Why Stem Education Matters. (2011). U.S. Commerce Department. Retrieved from http://www.nms.org/Portals/0/Docs/Why%20Stem%20Education%20Matters.pdf
MCSherry, J. (2013). 2013 Ineeting Engry Survey: Pressure Up, Salaries Down. Electronic Design, 61(11), 26. Retrieved from http://eds.b.ebscohost.com.lib.kaplan.edu/eds/detail?sid=1e76bc50-b47d-4907-9b94-55898d5dcddb%40sessionmgr115&vid=5&hid=115&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWRzLWxpdmU%3d#db=f5h&AN=91103806
Moomaw, S. (2013). Teaching STEM In the Early Years: Activities for Integrating Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. St Paul, MN: Redleaf Press.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a young student I believe that an education is the most valuable thing that a person can have. Therefore, I believe that teachers are the soul foundation of our society. The job of the teacher is to educate as well as nurture the students to the best of their ability. Our society as a whole is constantly growing and changing; and this has a strong influence on our education system. Thus forth my philosophy is continuously evolving and growing; and as I continue to learn more about school districts, different children, and the psychology of learning I will continue to adjust my educational philosophy as well.... [tags: Teachers, philosophy of education, narrative]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- The responsibilities of administrators are to support their staff in integrating new technology in order to achieve new levels of productivity and achievement. A new technology plan is needed to decide if integrating technology into the system will be beneficial for the curriculum. The administrators must share this vision with other educators, parents, member of the community, and especially business leaders. Technology will enhance the learning ability of the student and boost the teacher’s morale (November, 1998).... [tags: Technology, IT, teachers, ]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Facilitator is often proposed as an alternative to teachers standing in front of the classroom. However, the teacher talk has been linked to the use of international pattern for facilitator talk has proved to be more elusive. The central and most important role in the class is that of the facilitator tying together the other actors in the learning process. Student role in the classroom are changing because society as a whole is changing. Student’s home environment has changed radically different from what was the norm thirty years ago.... [tags: Facilitators, education, teachers, ]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Summary of Research Study The article that is being critiqued is Construction of Teacher Knowledge in Context: Preparing Elementary Teachers to Teach Mathematics and Science. Pre-service teachers were placed in an elementary school in a Texas school district. The qualitative research took place as pre-service teachers went into the classroom and experience hands-on teaching math and science. Teachers need to knowledgeable in all subject areas. During this study pre-service teachers concentrated on mathematics and science as the focus.... [tags: education, pre-service-teachers, ]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- Modern day technology and advancements are starting to make everyday tasks seem old school and annoying. What would be do without our gps, cell phones, or even a dishwasher. Going to class may become a thing of the past just like using a map, talking face to face, and hand washing dishes, thanks to the “advantage” of online courses. The truth is, taking online classes is only going to hurt us in the long run. Just like staring at our phones for hours on end, online schooling can take away many important and precious moments of life and our social education.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Hygiene, School]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Government Printable, Lessons, & Resources for Teacher https://www.teachervision.com This site has multiple section that lists many different activities that include, reading, writing, listening and speaking for children of all ages as well as for adults. Teachervision can be an educational tool for curriculum for all grade levels. Teachervision is a good teaching application that will pursue interesting information. Within this site there are Quizzes, Educational Technology Resources, U.S. History & Government Connected, U.S.... [tags: African American, Black people, Education]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- I was born in Atlanta, Georgia but raised in Covington, Kentucky. The quality education was limited in my hometown. In today society the academic curriculum is always changing, and not for the better. When I was in the second grade, the reading curriculum changed. The school system decided to try something different by dropping phonics and picking up memorization. Back then I did not notice how much of an obstacle my school was creating for me. The way they want us to read was through literal memorization.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, Private school]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Principals have a lot on their job descriptions. One of those tasks principals must do is evaluate teachers. Some principals are good at doing this, while others are not so great because they lack the experience or put it off towards the end of their ever-growing list of tasks they must complete. In order for principals to make this a priority, they must do trainings related to teacher evaluations. I think school district need to do a better job at training school leaders get the proper training and use teacher evaluations to benefit both the teachers and students.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Want, School]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Better Technology Means Better Education In recent years computers have opened many new opportunities for students and teachers. Technology has advanced past books and black boards. There are more and more computers going into schools everyday. With the world changing into a computer world teaching how do to use technology is necessary. With the new tools that teachers use learning for students is not only more interesting but, more fun. The Internet has helped education leaps and bounds. With the Internet we are able to take classes online from hundreds of miles away while still feeling like you are in the classroom.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- How Teachers Can Help Attention Deficit Disorder can lead to several different problems such as slow work completion, inconsistent accuracy in class work and homework, and poor study skills (DuPaul & Stoner, 1994). In order to decrease the problems that result from the disorder, teachers must accommodate and assist the children by using various techniques and ideas. Even though medication is widely used as an intervention for students with ADD, training in “organizational strategies, self-monitoring, self-evaluation, and self-instruction procedures can also help these students to perform better in general and special education settings (Shimabukuro & Prater, 1999).” Children with Attention... [tags: essays papers]
2027 words (5.8 pages)