In past few years, companies and industries of various sizes have become aware that they need to improve business processes such as product development, order fulfilment, planning, distribution, and customer service. So everybody is now focusing on doing process improvement or redesigning.
Steel containers position an arousing curiosity or attention in the engineering and policy challenge to society. They have to meet the condition of a countable quantity of structural and physical standard, must be reasonably priced, and must have a negligible impact on the environment.
In this paper we will explore on the brief manufacturing process of steel containers and some vital issues relating to the production process.
The manufacturing process of steel container or drum which is also known as liquid carrying container involves many processes. Although, there are different sizes of steel containers and different manufacturing process in most steel container manufacturing industries lately. There are also thousands of different steel alloy used in the production of steel containers. Furthermore, steel containers are made of sheet metal by soldering, brazing, spot welding, and seam welding. In addition to this, The Process of making steel containers involves rolling of metal sheet; welding the seam, making 90 degree bent on top and bottom of the container, making number of beads (according to size) and lastly reduce the diameter of one side of the container; fitting of lid to the containers, testing like pressure; coating internal (epoxy phenolic coating or plain) and external (stoving enamel gloss of various colour).
Some steel containers are made through deforming the steel by means of extruding, forging, spin forming, ...
... middle of paper ...
...st manufacturing company, actual time of occurrence and vigorous and purposeful customer demand analysis is required by most, if not all manufacturing companies to efficiently and automatically act in response of customers demand.
Shafer et al (1990) stated that a successful and favourable system can help enhance the manufacturing marketing in many ways and some the ways are as stated below:
The conversion of online searchers or online customers into buyers by researching or marketing for customers through interaction, thereby simplifying the customers of consumer process of finding the products they wish to buy. Secondly, the increase in cross-sell by charming or pleasing the customers by upgrading the quality of the manufactured goods which is one of the factors that are not originally implemented and thirdly, creating successful relationship between customers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In past few years, companies and industries of various sizes have become aware that they need to improve business processes such as product development, order fulfilment, planning, distribution, and customer service. So everybody is now focusing on doing process improvement or redesigning. Steel containers position an arousing curiosity or attention in the engineering and policy challenge to society. They have to meet the condition of a countable quantity of structural and physical standard, must be reasonably priced, and must have a negligible impact on the environment.... [tags: Manufacturing]
1871 words (5.3 pages)
- BlueScope Steel Australia and New Zealand (BANZ) is a manufacturing company that produces a range of flat steel products for the Australian and New Zealand domestic market. BANZ was formed in July of 2011 which saw the amalgamation of company sections; Australia and New Zealand Steel Making Business (ANZSMB), LYSAGHT and Distribution Business. This amalgamation was followed by a major organisational restructure which ultimately led to the closing down of Number 6 Blast Furnace and resulted in around 800 job losses at the Port Kembla works and 200 job losses at the Western Port works in Victoria.... [tags: asia, steel, manufacturing]
2434 words (7 pages)
- ... 2. Physical Modelling The essential considering of kinematic similarity between the actual processing system (prototype) and the model is established if the phenomena of geometry and dynamic similarities are observed. The primary considering forces are the gravitational, inertial, viscous and surface tension forces involved in order to the determination of the dynamic similarity in tundish by relation with the principal numbers of the Froude, Reynolds and Weber . Figure 2: Schematics of (a) the ladle-tunsih-mold arrangement of relevance to continuous casting od steel and (b) the continuous casting tundish .... [tags: metallurgical process, slab casting]
3149 words (9 pages)
- Background . The first cast of duplex was made at Avesta in Sweden in 1930 when the idea of duplex stainless steels were subjected to discuss within industries. During last 30 years the duplex steels have been remarkably evolved and used in a significant way. The evolution in steel making techniques affected mainly to this take off. Duplex stainless steels is a combination of many of the beneficial properties of ferritic and austenitic steels. First duplex steel grades had a great performance characteristics as well as limitations.... [tags: grades, properties, processing]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- IRON INDUSTRY : TATA STEEL : Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited also known as TISCO. Its an Indian multinational steel manufacturing company whose headquartered is in City :Mumbai State: Maharashtra Country :India Its a subsidiary of the Tata Group. According to the report it was the leading steel producing and manufacturing company in the world ( 2012 ). Tata Steel has a stable international presence in developed European markets and high speed securely growing Asian markets with manufacturing operations in 26 nations.... [tags: iron, manufacturing, mumbai]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Plants in Bhilai and Bokaro were established with help from Soviet Union and Durgapur and Rourkela came up with British and West German partnership. Production Scenario of Iron and Steel Industry in India This industry is classified as heavy industry as all its raw materials are heavy and massive. They employ iron-ore, lime stone and coking coal in huge quantities. Efficient transport system to carry raw materials and finished product is a necessity. Also proximity to raw materials specially coal and iron are helps in economic production.... [tags: investment, infrastructure, manufacturing]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- American manufacture sector over the past few decades has been losing market shares to overseas companies due to lower labor and friendly or no environmental regulation. I have selected to review the article by Helmuth Ludwig and Eric Spiegel “America’s Real Manufacturing Advantage”. The manufacturing sectors in United States has rebounded since 2007 by boosting outputs, increasing exports, building new plants, and creating better paying jobs that require precise skills. The mentally of United States primarily generating revenues through services and finance, without much of manufacturing industry is changing through sustainable manufacturing resurgence which is based on software technology... [tags: Manufacturing, Industry, Industrial design]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Factory workers have always been seen as the backbone of America’s economy. Just some time ago the gritty employees would work day in and day out, callusing their hands and providing for their families. A once lively and busy factory is now one that is quiet and calm . Now, a cold steel machine routinely does the same work, replacing the live worker. It was to further the industry that this transition was made. While they were introduced to help their human co-workers, in some aspects it also set them back.... [tags: Manufacturing, Industrial Revolution, Error]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: • Cotton making is one of the big business in Britain today with an annual turn over of 516 million pounds per year, the manufacturing of cotton making has a very large popularity as it spread across many countries .All these are a part of wider manufacturing system but on the whole we need to look at only one part, but the structure of the industry is also considered as an important part of the story. MANUFACTURING SYSTEM: • Lets start with the product manufacturing system which plays a key role on the direct demands of the cotton house.... [tags: Business Manufacturing]
1943 words (5.6 pages)
- Chaparral Steel differentiates itself from other minimills because of the various activities at which they excel and the relationship among these activities. Four central and interplaying activity themes were clear in the Chaparral Steel case and will be used to build our first framework. Before modeling the framework-related contributions of the Chaparral Steel case, we want to establish a baseline for our framework. The building blocks or foundation of the framework will be based on what we believe is a "framework tautology": all companies share a fundamental framework that consists of allocating resource to acquire inputs and adding value to them to produce an output, which will be purcha... [tags: Business Analysis]
1475 words (4.2 pages)