My exposure to the technicalities of Cybersecurity began during the first semester of my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences. I decided to enroll in a course titled CISE L1( Certified Internet Security Expert Level 1) on Ethical Hacking and Internet Security which turned out to be an insightful experience involving cyber attacks and their countermeasures. The implementation lab in this course included gaining hands-on experience in tools like ProRat for Remote Administration, OphCrack to retrieve lost passwords, Cain & Able for ARP Poisoning and IP snooping, TrueCrypt for data encryption and Acunetix for Penetration Testing and auditing. Also, complex attacks like SQL Injections, DDos Attacks and hacking WPA networks were conducted in real-time scenarios. This experience has also further confirmed my strong suspicion that continuing my study of Cybersecurity in a graduate program is the right choice...
... middle of paper ...
...urity would make my experience at University of Southern California a challenging and an exciting one.
In conclusion, I believe that I have the required zeal to progress my knowledge further at the University of Southern California. My decision to focus on Cybersecurity over the years, has equipped me with a unique set of strengths that I can put to use in the program. Being an International student, I hope to contribute to the already existing multiethnic and multiracial society at your esteemed institution. After I earn my master's degree, I intend to start work on my Ph.D. in Computer Science. I see Ph. D as a professional stepping stone that would help me work in the area of research and development for the Government of India. It is in R & D that I believe, I can make the greatest contribution, utilizing my theoretical background and creativity as a scientist.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am a first generation Portuguese-Canadian woman who was raised in a Roman Catholic community; divided between traditional beliefs and progressive millennial mindsets. My upbringing has cultivated adaptability, creativity, and a genuine curiosity for human behaviours. I have a passion for learning and view a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy as a rewarding academic and vocational endeavor. I have chosen the Masters of Occupational Therapy at the University of British Columbia for a variety of reasons: (1) it is a practical program facilitating the hands-on training and skill-set required to work effectively in the field (2) the mission statement and ethics mirror my values and beliefs... [tags: experience, professional development, children]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “Time and tide wait for no man” Being well acknowledged about the above saying has pushed me a mile further for every aspect of my life. The four year engineering course in Information Technology has always been a beautiful experience and has inspired me to put the knowledge into my Masters degree. This would allow me to enhance my knowledge about technology and its pros and cons and the guidance I would need. Gone are those days when man had to slog for simple works, he has advanced into boundaries which are unimaginable and has made his life easy, being an essential part of such an advancement has always been my motive.... [tags: education, experience, knowledge]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Computers in technological development demand more efficient networking. In a very short period it has changed the way we have looked at things since centuries. It is one industry that is going to shape our future for centuries to come Coming from a background of Electronics and Communication Engineering, I have developed an interest to probe into the area of Networking and Computer Networks. Hence I wish to do Masters in Computer Science (CS) as my major. My interest in Computers dates back to early days of my high school.... [tags: education, electronics, skills]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- ... In my second year at BITS Pilani, I participated in Eloquence, a National Technical Festival organized by the Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupathi , where I gave a talk on “Security Policy Management for Mobile Codes”. I presented a design of a new role based dynamic security policy for mobile codes that can executed on the remote hosts as well as within a browser, inside a trusted network. The study of complicacies of security hazards posed by mobile codes, like hostile java applets and the way Java Runtime environment handles this was really fascinating.... [tags: career, education, experience]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- The 1960’s was a time of war and fear for the United States and many people were turning their accusations towards the government. “Masters of War” was written by Bob Dylan in late 1962 and early 1963. The focus of this song is a protest against the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis that was happening during the early 1960’s. The song is protesting on the American government having its citizens live in fear of a constant attack and hiding behind their shroud, unaffected by anything that would happen to the people.... [tags: Masters of War Song Analysis]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- Today, we are not just at the threshold of a new world but much deeper into it; we have been living and witnessing the materialization of change through developing technologies. The technologies used for telecommunications have changed greatly over the last 50 years. These changes are central to the foundation of the 21st century, are continuously evolving providing potential for newer ways of changing our world and making it a better place to live in. The field of telecommunications has always fascinated me, the way it dwarves the vastness of the world or how it has helped people connect with each other.... [tags: career, experience, university]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “I will respect every one. I will learn from every one. I will observe every one. I believe I can go beyond and will surpass every one. I will consciously shun the attitude of being the second best. I am not here to be a second human being. Nothing will be mine unless I am convinced that it belongs to me. I deserve abundance. I am not going to go in search of abundance but I will make abundance flow into my life”- This is the exhortation give by Mahaatria Raa in his invaluable word “Most and More”.... [tags: career, education, usa]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- ... These subjects have developed immense interest and have increased my hunger to gain more knowledge. Zeal to learn more has made me apply for master’s degree program. Learning of computer science would be incomplete without programming. During my undergrad I have learnt the programming languages C, C++, and JAVA and performed well during theory and lab examinations and scored S grades. I have also participated in Swarm Robotics workshop conducted by IIT-Bombay where we simulate the robot using code on basic c.... [tags: computer science, universary, graduate]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- My country, Azerbaijan, is under the necessity of high-class administrators and managers, economists and experts of finance, as well as well qualified decision makers in such decisive sectors of public and country government as economy and politics. These decision makers may carry out productive methods in this sphere of economy and public administration and represent the country in a way that will facilitate its integration towards the West and globalization. It is also important to have strong experts in public, private and civil society; proper analysis of economists will inevitably lead towards the prosperity of the whole country since in our modern world the states with solid economic b... [tags: economy, education, experience]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- I have been working as a social worker for the past three years. In all these years, it has always been my desire and passion to acquire enhanced social skills and knowledge to help me empower disadvantaged individuals and families take control of their lives. My desire therefore to pursue a Masters of Social Work degree (MSW) has been inspired by over three years of continuous work with families, children, youths and adults who require support to cope and combat oppressive structures and social injustices.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
773 words (2.2 pages)