As a new immigrant and a community college student, I enjoy change and challenges. I wish to transfer to a four-year research university to encounter a more challenging and diverse academic enviornment. I believe College of Art and Science at University of Pennsylvania will be a great fit for me because of its academic rigor and challenges, well-rounded and premier Ivy League education, and vast research opportunities. Actually, Benjamin Franklin is my hero. I sincerely admire his versatility. His contributions on electricity is impressive. Moreover, his bravery in his kite experiment always motivates me to concentrate on my research, never deterred by the potential danger. I wish to consumate my personality at Upenn and the learn Benjamin Franklin’s spirit and philosophy.
Academically, I really want to attend an institution than I can personalize my education. CAS at Uppen resonates with my educational goal. The College Curriculum perfectly aligns with my educational goal for higher eudcation. I can flexibly personize my class schedule and learn accoss disciplines. I can learn a wide range of art and science knowledge and broaden my horizon. While discovering the fundamental prinici...
... middle of paper ...
...rodden and get insight and valuable feedback. This will help me understand how to conduct theoretical research and the problems confusing physicists today. In addition, Penn has active seminar programs in Experimental Particle Physics and Theoretical Particle Physics. I can take advantage of this to understand the lastest breakthrough of their research on elementary particles and exchange my ideas with them. Most importantly, from the video, I know that I have the opportunity to explain my research projects to visitors in the undergraduate research fair to let them recognize the beuaty and wonder of the microsopic world.
Therefore, Penn’s educational philosophy perfectly align with my goal. Penn will be the best place for me to pursue my undergrad education, to stimulate my protential, consumate my personality, prepare me to graduate studies, and excel in my career.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The world of business has always enamored me: The allure of working and reaping the rewards has stirred in me a love for business. This has influenced me to apply to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where I believe I can be a great asset to the college while in turn it prepares me to face the challenges and opportunities that both the domestic and international economies present. I invest a significant amount of time reading articles from a variety of sources about topics such as market trends and consumer spending levels.... [tags: economy, business, entrepreneurship program]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- In 1914, the tuition cost to go to the University of Pennsylvania at the Wharton School estimated at about $150 with a general fee of $10. This does not include other expenses such as room and board- which estimated to $180 and textbooks- estimated to $10. It is now 2014, one century later, and the tuition cost to go the exact university and school is $40,594, general fee of $3,772, technology fee of $716, and a recreation fee of $324. Once more, this does not include the expenses of residence halls ($8,330) and the average meal plan ($4,592).... [tags: Tuition Costs, College Education, School]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- As a resident of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Lehigh University has always been a dream. From watching wrestling matches in the Stabler Arena to playing summer soccer on the Murray H. Goodman Campus fields, I have fell in love with the spirit and tradition of the school. Living ten minutes away from main campus, I have always viewed Lehigh as an opportunity to study in the comfort of my own town. Essentially, Lehigh is home. I have been engaged in giving back to Bethlehem and have volunteered 400 hours in the surrounding area.... [tags: medical, pediatric cancer, dance marathon, ]
715 words (2 pages)
- It might or might not have been the countless opportunities offered to me as a Penn kid. It might also have to do with the fact that you end up needing to crane your neck in the awe-inspiring Irvine Auditorium so that you can properly gaze around. But it's mostly the former. As a prospective student for the School of Arts and Sciences, there are a multitude of selections available to me. They range from the Civic House, to Arts@Penn, to the international internship program (IIP). I love the freedom of choice because I can grow, and mature, and expand my interests.... [tags: University of Pennsylvania, arts, alumni]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Princeton is an excellent university that provides good opportunities and education for hard working students to pursue their dreams. Princeton University is located in New Jersey with 30,000 residents in a safe and pleasant neighborhood (Princeton University - About Princeton; Princeton University - Facts & Figures; Princeton University). There are shops, eco-friendly streets, restaurants, and nice parks surrounding the campus. There is a shuttle train, the “Dinky,” can transport students directly from the campus to Princeton Junction Station where students can travel to New York and Philadelphia within an hour each.... [tags: education, tuition, selective]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- I have always been enamored by business: The allure of working hard and reaping the rewards of it has stirred within me a passion of which I have never tired. This fervor has influenced me to apply to the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where I believe I can be a valuable asset to the college while it in turn prepares me to face the challenges and opportunities that both the domestic and international economies present. Though my high school classes have given me a solid foundation in many of the basic principles of economics, I have been left yearning to glean more knowledge about the business world.... [tags: academics, leadership, entrepreneur ]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- Beauty can be summarized in an assemblage of neurons, the stratification of the cerebral cortex, and the symphony of action potential exchanges that compromise human life. As a longstanding proponent of polymath education, I embrace Benjamin Franklin’s devotion to craft an intellectually diverse campus driven to unite the traditional scholastic branches of academia. With my own experiences in life sciences and global relations, I admire Penn’s programs combining neuroscience with international studies, computational biology, and statistical reasoning.... [tags: academics, activist, research]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” --The Shawshank Redemption One might wonder what made me to quote this. Well, this quote ameliorates my attitude towards life. I believe, this platitude which motivates me to strive for excellence and an ambition to be a part of a fast growing technological world have been the principal guiding forces throughout my career.... [tags: computer science, robotics, education]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- The Real Purpose of a University Education All my life I knew I would be attending college. There never seemed to be any other option available as far as I knew. I never really stopped to think about whether or not it was necessary for me, or why it was so important; I was just funneled into the college curriculum in high school. I have attended the University of Arkansas for three years now, and have heard two main arguments over the purpose of a college education. One is that college is a place to train for a job, and the other is that college should be an institute of higher learning with no real focus on a future job.... [tags: Argumentative Education Degree college Essays]
2214 words (6.3 pages)