It would be unreasonable if I claim that I had never questioned my choice, especially during the adaptation period into computer science as a rookie. I can still recall the desperation I felt in my first program designing class. I could not correctly run the simplest problems, like the existing program on my textbook. Computer science was a favorable choice for my undergraduate study with the logical thinking it represents, the close tie it has with math, and most importantly its applicability to various fields. Meanwhile, its requirement of a switch on thinking pattern and totally fresh body of knowledge was a challenge. If anyone told me at that time that I would one day label information technology as a powerful tool, and thus find the interaction of computer science and statistics intriguing, I would at most shrug and sneer.
Accordingly, I received admiration from family and friends from this struggling process of adaptation. Day by day, I wrote programs, dealt with errors, rewrote programs, over and over again. The process was dull and offered no glorious anecdotes. It was the time I spent working on the most fundamental problems and the piles of books borrowed from the library that constituted the foundation of my future progress. During the debugging and reviewing, I gradually adjusted to the logic of machine, which enables me to handle different programming languages with more haste.
... middle of paper ...
...kills will well make up for my lack of system study in fundamental statistics, and further bring an emphasis on the actual application of statistics. It does not, however, indicate that I have underestimated the difficulty I am to face in finding my place in the new field. On the contrary, I fully recognize it. I have already had the experience of entering a totally strange world when starting to study computer science. I am now searching for an opportunity to prove that with my former training of computer science during the last three years in one of the best advanced educational institutions in China, my well-built systematic mathematical knowledge, and superb ability of communication and adaptation, my entrance into your program will not only be a giant leap for myself, but also the catalyst toward collision of different thinking patterns in the whole program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers. Having done four year course in computer science and engineering, I would like to fortify my skills with the help of a master’s degree, which will equip me with the up-to-date tools and knowledge that are the need of the hour. My long term aim of securing a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as software professionals, possessing competent technical skills can be achieved with the help of a master’s degree, that has hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.... [tags: computer science, education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- The purpose of a computer programmer is to design and develop applications to perform the needs of a consumer. This occupation is essential to modern day life due to all of the computers that are in use today. Computer programming is a fulfilling career goal because of the ability to be on the cutting edge of technology, design software for computers, and have a wide range of benefits. Computer programming consists of many duties. Duties of a computer programmer include but are not limited to: debugging programs, converting project specifications and procedures to a logical visual map, repairing existing programs, writing documentation about current programs, and many more (Farr 187).... [tags: Computer Science]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose Several projects during undergraduate study in electronic and communication made me realize the potential of computer science because I used algorithms and programming languages like Mat lab, C++ for solving the problems. The ever-increasing application of computer science fascinated me very much. So, I joined Texas State University for graduate studies with major computer science. I have made strong foundation in Electronic and communication engineering during my undergraduate study.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- I am a person with one of the most ancient cultures, studying a very modern and continuously changing profession upon third millennium. My culture has instilled insight within me, encouraging me to study diligently and acquire knowledge as much as possible. This philosophy propelled me to study master of computer science (Distributed computing) at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), and I’m a former B.Sc graduate of computer engineering (Software) at Islamic Azad University of Sari (IAUS). To take the wisdom to pursue my PHD program and expand my research experiences, I believe University of Pittsburg is one the prestigious institutes with its well-organized programs, outstanding staff, and hi... [tags: education, experience, research]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- "Hold fast to your dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes I would like to introduce myself as Rob Geis. Since my childhood I’ve been inclined to having a practical approach to everything in life and have been greatly supported and encouraged by my parents throughout. Having a house nearer to an airport and watching the planes take-off and land daily from the terrace was the first seed sowed in my heart that made me take up engineering so that I could be as nearer to my passion of aeronautics as possible.... [tags: Statement of Purpose Essays]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Journeying through the gateway of the professional world, with an associated thirst for viable solutions for challenging tasks has drifted me towards my masters program. This zeal for research made me realise that it is possible to achieve it through a graduate program at a good university. With a quest for knowing occult things which was inculcated into me during my childhood, continued unabated during my adolescence. During my schooling I had participated in a numerous number of science fairs and workshops.... [tags: academics, extracurricular, skill]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- I wish to provide insight into my personality, my achievements, both academic and co-curricular, my vision as well as my motivation to join M.S Degree program in Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. I am sure that the distinguished faculty and excellent facilities in the graduation program at the University at Buffalo are ideally suited to my professional goals. With great research areas at the UB including Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Augmentative Technology for the Handicapped and Theory of Algorithms among many others, I will work really hard to contribute to those research areas.... [tags: achievements, education, mathematics]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- I, Likhitha, have been fascinated by the advancements in technology and innovations. Since my schooling, I have been inclined towards problem solving; this made me to opt for sciences – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in my high school education. Gradually I was introduced to one of the most ingenious human innovations: the computer. Soon I was attracted to the fact that it has a major role to play in the contemporary world. My interest in them propelled me to learn language packages like C, C++, J2SE and advanced Java, and also take up the courses on Oracle, MySQL, HTML and MATLAB.... [tags: education, goals, research]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Every day brings a new challenge for Computer Science. The subject is extremely diverse and success depends on the creativity and the commitment of the individual. I gain satisfaction from solving logical problems and working with computer systems. Ever since my IT technician at Secondary School introduced me to programming in Powershell. I always want to know just how computers worked and how much they could evolve over time. This interest has only grown more intense with each new discovery that I make.... [tags: study, systems, degree, career]
574 words (1.6 pages)