Born in a family of Engineers I inculcated profound enthusiasm to Engineering and practical experimentation with dreams of futuristic ideas. During the childhood days, when my father helped me construct complex mechanical models, my affinity to the machinery related field germinated from observation and association. As I started implementing them, I simply got imbibed into the whirlpool of engineering and this formed the core inspiration to my career.
My academic career started in Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, a highly reputed premier school in the city and India, with outstanding results. In my higher secondary examination I scored centum in both Mathematics and Chemistry and a state first rank in my second language (Sanskrit), putting me on an overall top 1% in the state of Tamilnadu. As an added feather to my cap of achievements, I was also awarded the C.Subramaniam award for “Excellence in Character” that stands as a testimony to my individuality.
With the benefit of freedom of choice of college and course of study, guidance and counseling by professors and researchers in the field and as the most logical extension towards my passion for research, I opted Mechanical Engineering at Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT, established 1956) – one of the oldest and outstanding institutions in the state and the country. I have always been on search for opportunities to excel and I ranked among the top 2% in my class with credentials of 90% and above in all semesters.
My quest for knowledge was not limited to the college campus alone. Realizing that computer applications are essential to fortify the study of core subjects and is an essential tool for research, I learnt a 2D modeling software (Autocad) from VRET Autodesk Education Partne...
... middle of paper ...
...any field needs utmost effort, thorough knowledge of contemporary advances under able guidance of the best in the line and that only intense interest can see the best through. I believe I have such intense interest in Industrial Engineering with special interest in Engineering Management, Quality control and Operations research. I believe that the best place to pursue my studies is in countries, which are advanced in technology and provide high quality education. As U.S. ranks best in the above aspects, I choose University of Southern California to embark on this academic career. Given an opportunity to become a Graduate student at your reputed university, I would be able to give good account of myself and be able to successfully reach goals I have set for myself and be an asset to the Department and the University.
I look forward to join your esteemed University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE PROLOGUE “Knowledge, experience and the quality education are the best accomplishment in the race of life” is the statement in which I strongly believe and I forever yearn to have that. What is innovative today is obsolete tomorrow. We need to constantly streamline and upgrade our tools and resources. I believe that only an in depth study and an extensive research in my field of interest will help me to achieve my goal. I live in a world of changing times where technology is constantly engineering better lives.... [tags: academics, goals, experience]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Bhd. As an Assistant Manufacturing, my major responsibility is to assist the Head of Manufacturing Department to make sure all the activities under the Manufacturing Department such as Production Planning, Production and Delivery were running smoothly accordance with work instructions and company policies to ensure a safe and quality product delivered on time. Most of the company products were related to suspension system in a car, thus it was part of my job to make sure all the workers implemented and maintained safety standard as required by law and company policies.... [tags: manufacture, teach, research]
704 words (2 pages)
- Ever since I began studying science and mathematics at all levels of educations I have always had an interest in the production of useful materials. In the growing turmoil of today; a world full of global warming and diminishing resources, questions often arise in my mind such as, "can we make a more efficient, more durable and a renewable resource that will overshadow fossil fuels. and have less of an impact on our environment?" Up to now, I have not found a solution to these questions and answering these questions is a personal aspiration of mine which I aim to fulfil by achieving a degree in Chemical engineering and eventually I will contribute to the field in my own unique way.... [tags: resources, education, sustainable]
696 words (2 pages)
- In my capacity as a Maintenance Planning Engineer at Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), I was primarily involved in tasks that required strategizing and organizing. Working for a multi-billion dollar enterprise, I saw the effects of operational efficiency on the Balance Sheet. This experience has driven me in my pursuit of delivering better performance with every attempt and has shaped my decision to pursue a career in Industrial Engineering (IE), a field that strives to increase productivity and efficiency by systematic study and application of non-traditional methods.... [tags: experience, academics, performance]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Ever since I was a child, I have had a great interest for the automotive industry. From car trivia to novel innovations, my innate passion for the automotive industry has always made me research the minutest detail of every vehicle that interested me. Since elementary school I would draw sketches of cars which incorporated technology which were unheard of at that time; novel devices such as electrochromic windshields, HUD displays, and wind turbines which would constantly re-generate electricity for the car.... [tags: education, travel, culture]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- Born in a family of Engineers I inculcated profound enthusiasm to Engineering and practical experimentation with dreams of futuristic ideas. During the childhood days, when my father helped me construct complex mechanical models, my affinity to the machinery related field germinated from observation and association. As I started implementing them, I simply got imbibed into the whirlpool of engineering and this formed the core inspiration to my career. My academic career started in Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, a highly reputed premier school in the city and India, with outstanding results.... [tags: education, experience, research]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Throughout my school career I have always loved chemistry. In Chemistry there was always a sense that there was more, there was always something new and exciting to be discovered and theories to be proven (or even disproven). Chemistry was the main subject with a real practical aspect to it during school and it is this, along with my genuine fascination with the subject, which fuels my desire to study it further. I am currently taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology to Advanced Higher, all of which are challenging and stimulating subjects.... [tags: schools, experience, field]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE It is after a good deal of self evaluation that I have decided to pursue my self graduate studies in Electrical & Electronics Engineering leading to a doctorate. This is a decision followed naturally after carefully considering my ultimate background, the area of my interest, and my ultimate professional ambition, which is to pursue a research career, either as a teaching faculty member or a R & D department of industry. i have come to terms with the fact that there is an enormous proportion of subject to be assimilated, therefore I want to take up a research oriented course in my career.... [tags: science, research, gitam university]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- ... A certain parts of my undergraduate subjects like Management Information Systems, Software Management and Project Planning and Management have created a great impact in my mind and have always grabbed my attention and probed me to take a step further. This has ignited the spark in me and put light onto my goals. Having a consistent increase in my grades during my undergraduate level has nurtured me well to take up the challenges that I will be encountering during the course. Engineering Management hits the right chords for my field of interest and I am quite confident that I will excel in it.... [tags: education, undergraduate, challenges]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- This adage resonates with my belief in always trying to be singular in identifying and pursuing my endeavor, I have accorded equal attention to the journey towards the goals and the eventual destination. I believe it is vital to enjoy the journey just as much as it is imperative to focus on the destination. As a so called “Y generation” kid I was initially confined with my thought of technology around only computers- nothing beats the feeling of turning on a brand new computer- be it a laptop or desktop.... [tags: curiousity, experience, academics]
1019 words (2.9 pages)