I am fascinated by technology and especially with computer from my childhood days I got my first PC Compaq-Presario Pentium-3 when I was in my 4th grade which gave a new direction to my life. I always have a habit of ripping things apart to understand how it works and what makes it work I did the same with my new PC on the second day and discovered many important things about it and in few months I figured out how all components in computer works. As I progressed, I discovered software is more fascinating and complex and have limitless applications in every field we can build a software to virtually do anything. I started to learn C, HTML so I can develop applications, I still remember my first program in C on addition of two numbers and my first developed application Scientific calculator as I progressed it became my passion and I have decided to pursue career in Computers.
My curiosity and passion for Computers and its working and thirst to develop new software application and urge of working on new technologies propelled me to undertake Diploma program in Computer Technology from Shreeram Polytechnic which I passed with score among top 10 percent students in the state and have been awarded as Best overall student of the year in my final year of diploma. After which I perceived Engineering in Computer Science at Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, affiliated to Mumbai University accredited as ‘A’ grade college which I completed with a first class. I was awarded with many scholarships in my academic career for my achievements in second year of Engineering I received Prestigious JRD Tata scholarship for my entire tuition amount and in third year Rotary club scholarship of half of my tuition fees and Mahalax...
... middle of paper ...
...ons and concepts by combining the three together.
I believe I can deliver the goods, for I am undoubtedly committed to my chosen field and in order to foster my goals of designing state of Software applications and understanding the advance ordeals in Algorithms, Networks and Database management and operating systems I believe that UNC Charlotte is an ideal choice. It would hone my technical knowledge, provide me with an innovative attitude and the opportunity to study some of the most technologically advanced courses under the guidance of the most reputed faculty members. The research labs at UNC Charlotte with its cutting edge research would be an ideal place for me to be a part of the challenging projects and would surely be an experience of a lifetime. I eagerly anticipate the decision and hope to be at UNC Charlotte for the fall 2014 Computer Science program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers. Having done four year course in computer science and engineering, I would like to fortify my skills with the help of a master’s degree, which will equip me with the up-to-date tools and knowledge that are the need of the hour. My long term aim of securing a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as software professionals, possessing competent technical skills can be achieved with the help of a master’s degree, that has hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.... [tags: computer science, education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Concepts of Feature Computer Science In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Fields of science]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I had totally no idea of what Computer Science is, but I was pretty proficient in using computers at that age. The only thing that I knew about Computer Science is that one of my aunts is in that field and that’s all, nor of my parents are in that major. Not until in High School that I got the sense of what programming is like. I was taught basic simple codings and I really enjoyed it and thought that the class was actually quite fun. But the class didn’t give me any sense of the important real-world applications of Computer Science.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer graphics]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- ... In this four years intensive program, involves subjects of my interest like Operating System, Web Programming, Distributed Databases, Computer Networks, Automata and Compiler design in which I secured impressive grades. To augment my knowledge in hardware domain, I successfully completed hardware programming on 8086(Microprocessor) and 8051(Microcontroller). My firm belief in my objective to study graduation and research area was the result of my participation in various seminars. My papers including CARBON TUBES, Artificial Immune System and Nano ROBOTS in Human Body were highly lauded and appreciated.... [tags: technology, research, development, goal]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- The Profile: Computer Science Computer scientists are stereotypically mistaken for nerds. Society sees them as geeks who spend almost their entire life staring at a monitor. "Another historic issue has been the nerd stereotype, or the related perception that computer science is only for boys, both of which reduce “coolness” among teenagers and thus student turnout," said Hadi Partovi, the founder/investor of Quora. In a Forbes article Partovi mentioned the problem with how society views computer enthusiasts as a group of people.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer programming]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- An important field in computer science today is artificial intelligence. The novel approaches that computer scientists use in this field are looked to for answers to many of the problems that have not been solved through traditional approaches to software engineering thus far. One of the concepts studied and implemented for a variety of tasks in artificial intelligence today is neural networks; they have proven successful in offering an approach to some problems in the field, but they also have some failings.... [tags: Computer Science]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Science is an extensive field with plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to create a new software that will make the development of a certain task easier to perform, to monitor and modify existing programs to make them work faster and more efficiently, to understand the structure of new technology and having the ability to fix it if something goes wrong, or simply keeping up with the new machines that as years go by, are becoming more necessary for our daily lives, this is the field you will definitely pursue.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)