I wish to hone my research acumen by pursuing MS in Supply Chain Management at the ___________ University. My passion for this research comes from two sources- intellectual curiosity and my experience.
My first interest in Supply Chain Management resulted from my experience. Ever since I was young, I wanted to understand not just the ‘how’ of Mechanical engineering problems, but also why machines worked at the fundamental level. In particular, I was interested in learning the application of experimental techniques and principles governing Physics to solve problems. Therefore, I found the pursuit of B.E. in Mechanical Engineering almost a necessity, given my need to satiate my curiosity to gain deeper knowledge of that area.
My second interest in Supply Chain Management arose from my assessment that it is a ‘rational’ specialty. I understood that its simplistic applications could find solutions for essential needs of humanity. I realized that Mechanical Engineering has an enormous reach from automobiles and manufacturing to medical equipment and nanotechnology. I studied an extremely stimulating curriculum diligently focusing on Basic Mechanical Engineering and Operations research which gave me a holistic overview of the engineering field. Hence, my penchant for the range and extent of science with Mechanical engineering as the cynosure grew.
Fortunately, during under-graduation, I got an opportunity to detect the optimum path of a process through my project “Design and Development of PCB Dual Head Drilling Machine”. Additionally, I became aware of a new subject called Six Sigma which aided me in intertwining new optimization techniques into my project to make the process effective. I optimized the creation...
... middle of paper ...
My job at TCS has exposed to the various nuances of Supply Chain Management and therefore, I feel I can add value to my profession through a pursuit of this course.
My experience and erudition is my strength which I wish to embolden and use to my advantage. in the concentartions “Transportation and Logistics” and “Inventory Management”, are a combination of inventory ,logistics and management concepts, wherein I seek expertise. For that, I look forward to learning from the acclaimed faculty at your university, prof ______________ and _______. I am excited that their research interests perfectly match my own.
With an enthusiasm for learning, a research-oriented mindset and a positive outlook, I feel I will do justice to the graduate program at the _________ University and thereby come up to the high expectations that your University demands.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Overview of Automatic Identification techniques used in SCM Automatic identification is a technique which is used as an identification method for keeping appropriate stock units in the supply chain management, uses technologies such as RFID, barcodes etc. (Automatic Identification and Its Role in Warehouse Management, 2013). Automatic identification is a process of automatically recognizing the items, gathering the information about them, and entering that information right into computers without human intervention (What is Auto-ID, 2013).... [tags: radio frequency identification]
2588 words (7.4 pages)
- Statement of Purpose I would like to introduce myself as an enthusiastic learner of excellence and with that endeavor in mind I am approaching formally for the doctoral study to the department of Textile and Apparel Management under the College of Human Environmental Science of University of Missouri. Regarding my professional experience, I have been teaching on Textile and Apparel in university level since January 2008 and I am now working as a Senior Lecturer at Southeast University, Bangladesh.... [tags: Supply chain management, Management, Textile]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- Even the slowdown in current global economies could not bring retail sector down as retailers keep seeking for opportunities overseas to avoid challenging economic condition, which make this sector becoming more globalised and competitive. As an heir of an industrial components retailer, I also believe there are bountiful opportunities to grow in this emerging industry. But without deeply and truly understanding in every aspect of retailing, one could not survive in the battle. For this reason, I would like to pursue my education further by studying Master in retail management to obtain knowledge in retailing and hopefully become successful in the field.... [tags: extracurricular, skills, education]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- The commonest question that senior students like me get asked these days is likely to be “What is your career goal?” I’m not embarrassed to tell that I wish to be remembered in history books as a prominent computer scientist like Richard Hamming. This is my life goal and it definitely requires outstanding researches. In addition, I have a natural thirst for new techniques and enjoy the excitement brought by technology advancement. However, neither my necessity of research skill nor my insatiable appetite for knowledge is satisfied by undergraduate education.... [tags: Statement of Purpose]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- ... I have completed my schooling (Grades 1-10) from the prestigious institution of Indian School, Bahrain. Realizing that engineering was my focal point I decided to move from Bahrain to Mumbai to pursue engineering from a young age. This was made possible when I got admitted at Bhausaheb Vartak Polytechnic. The course dealt with building blocks of engineering like Machine Design, Tool Design, Metrology and Quality Control .These subjects covered the technical aspects and were based on a statistical approach towards completion of projects.... [tags: engineering courses]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- It is often said that necessity is the mother of invention and technology is driven by need. Hence it is the technology that brings about an invention. Engineers nurture technology, thus it is an engineer’s role to bring about a sustainable technological change. Machines and mechanisation that bring about this technological advancement have always fascinated me. I first got to know about a machine, my bicycle, when I was in my 7th grade. I became interested in the mechanism of the bicycle once when the chain slipped over the sprocket.... [tags: engineering, machines, education]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction For an organization to be successful, its vision and mission statement must clearly define and communicate its business strategy in a way that can be easily understood by the employees. Vision is a mental picture of what an organization perceives for its future and mission statement defines the space in which the organization will create the strategy (Bryce, Dyer, Godfrey & Jensen, 2016). In 2010, TTC disclosed a comprehensive corporate plan aiming to revamp all aspects of its organization operations within a 5-year time frame.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Strategy and the Strategic Management Process at Target Corporation Retail Trade and General Merchandise Target Corporation operates under general merchandise in a retail trade has about 30 to 40 departments and offers items such as household items, apparel, personal care, sporting goods, photoshop, electronics, jewelry, automotive supplies, pet supplies, pharmacy and Café (Advisen, n, d). Target Corporation is a top discount retail stores in the U.S carrying general merchandise as well sells online (Yahoo Finance, 2015).... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1067 words (3 pages)
- The Objective of Total Quality Management Total Quality Management(TQM) is an organisational process that actively involves every function and every employee in satisfying customers needs, both internal and external. TQM works by continuously improving all aspect of work through structured control, improvement and planning activities that are carried out in concern with guiding ideology that focuses on Quality and Customer Satisfaction as the top priorities. There has been many arguments that TQM succeeds only by incorporating a concern about quality for the customers throughout the organisation.... [tags: Total Quality Management Consumerism Essays]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Strategic management is the art, science and craft of formulating, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable an organization to achieve its long-term objectives. It is the process of specifying the organization's mission, vision and objectives, developing policies and plans, often in terms of projects and programs, which are designed to achieve these objectives and then allocating resources to implement the policies, and plans, projects and programs. Strategic management seeks to coordinate and integrate the activities of the various functional areas of a business in order to achieve long-term organizational objectives.... [tags: Business management Strategy]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- The Essential Business Sector of the Asian-American Entrepreneurs
- The Most Threatening Disease of Lung Cancer
- The Basic Principle of Flight
- Steve Kim Is an Example of a Successful Asian-American Entrepreneur
- Issues Surrounding Soil Liquefaction
- Statement of Purpose for Engineering in Computer Science