From my earliest memories I can recall that I have always been intrigued by machines and devices that displayed some sort of “intelligence”, like the radio controlled cars, television remotes, and handheld video game consoles. I had the habit of taking these things apart and somehow in my own way, tried to figure out and conclude what component did what. Almost always I ended up rendering these devices unusable. Nonetheless, these early experiences did cultivate in my naïve mind a sense of appreciation for the complex assembling of such components into working units. It’s only when I was about to pursue undergraduate studies that I came to know that it’s the wider discipline of electronics, electrical and computer engineering which holds the answer to certain questions that have so intrigued me.
I secured admission in the HKBK College of Engineering Bangalore (affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University), where I opted to study Electronics and Communication Engineering during my Bachelor’s because of the exposure that this course provides in the core electronics discipline as well as in the programming and application side. Mathematics has remained to be a much loved subject for me. It was a delight to study Engineering Mathematics for the first 4 semesters of my undergraduate course, which introduced me to the expanded application of mathematical concepts especially in engineering problems. Apart from taking up core electronics subjects, when given a choice to choose from electives, I opted for a core programming or application-oriented subject. I have taken up courses ranging from Basic Object Oriented Programming in C++ and Data Structures in C++ to Pattern Recognition.
It was in my 7thsemeste...
... middle of paper ...
...ctly coincide with my interests and future aspirations. I can visualize myself as a keen learner and contributor in this stimulating environment, which will be ideal for me to develop my cross-disciplinary interests.
My main goal is to expand my knowledge base immensely and preferably work in a research oriented academic or professional setting. I also have a strong desire to work on projects and assignments which directly impact our daily lives, where in the concepts of data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence can be applied to come up with formidable solutions for healthcare, environmental and scientific problems. I believe that graduating from the University of Houston with a MS degree in Computer Science will give me a strong foundation in the fields of my interest, stimulate my intellectual curiosity and eventually help me achieve my goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers. Having done four year course in computer science and engineering, I would like to fortify my skills with the help of a master’s degree, which will equip me with the up-to-date tools and knowledge that are the need of the hour. My long term aim of securing a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as software professionals, possessing competent technical skills can be achieved with the help of a master’s degree, that has hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.... [tags: computer science, education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Computers in technological development demand more efficient networking. In a very short period it has changed the way we have looked at things since centuries. It is one industry that is going to shape our future for centuries to come Coming from a background of Electronics and Communication Engineering, I have developed an interest to probe into the area of Networking and Computer Networks. Hence I wish to do Masters in Computer Science (CS) as my major. My interest in Computers dates back to early days of my high school.... [tags: education, electronics, skills]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- ... This performance helped me in getting admission into CVR College of Engineering, for my undergraduate program which is one among the top 10 colleges under Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. It was pure joy to learn how the Boolean logic makes computers work. In my undergraduate study I had taken up courses on Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Data Structures, JAVA, Operating Systems, Computer Graphics, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Database Management, Web Technology and Mobile Application Development.... [tags: technology, academics, experience]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- ... In my second year at BITS Pilani, I participated in Eloquence, a National Technical Festival organized by the Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupathi , where I gave a talk on “Security Policy Management for Mobile Codes”. I presented a design of a new role based dynamic security policy for mobile codes that can executed on the remote hosts as well as within a browser, inside a trusted network. The study of complicacies of security hazards posed by mobile codes, like hostile java applets and the way Java Runtime environment handles this was really fascinating.... [tags: career, education, experience]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- I wish to provide insight into my personality, my achievements, both academic and co-curricular, my vision as well as my motivation to join M.S Degree program in Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. I am sure that the distinguished faculty and excellent facilities in the graduation program at the University at Buffalo are ideally suited to my professional goals. With great research areas at the UB including Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Augmentative Technology for the Handicapped and Theory of Algorithms among many others, I will work really hard to contribute to those research areas.... [tags: achievements, education, mathematics]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP) Major: Master of Science in Computer Science (MS in Computer Science) When I was 13 years old my father presented a personal computer as a birthday gift to me. Having seen the profound impact which personal computers have made and witnessed its prolific growth right from my childhood, it has been a great fascination for me to study computers and related technologies. This childhood fascination made me opt for Computer Science as mainstream diploma subject. With invigorating enthusiasm throughout the course duration, I completed my diploma with a good percentage.... [tags: technology, education, qualifications]
701 words (2 pages)
- ... I pursued my 12th grade CBSE Intermediate Board Exam securing 98% marks in Computer Science and 92% in Mathematics. My interest in Computer Science grew way back in school days and I began to expand my skills in programming and development. My interest and passion towards Mathematics and Computer science, particularly programming, gained me an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering, in one of the most reputed colleges in India - College of Engineering Trivandrum. In the early years of my undergraduate studies spanning 4 years, I gained in depth knowledge of the basic programming languages C, C++ and Java.... [tags: India, engineering, research]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- This adage resonates with my belief in always trying to be singular in identifying and pursuing my endeavor, I have accorded equal attention to the journey towards the goals and the eventual destination. I believe it is vital to enjoy the journey just as much as it is imperative to focus on the destination. As a so called “Y generation” kid I was initially confined with my thought of technology around only computers- nothing beats the feeling of turning on a brand new computer- be it a laptop or desktop.... [tags: curiousity, experience, academics]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Innovation and Perfection is what I think about all the time and this thought urges me to earn a Master’s degree. I got introduced to the field of Computers via Games. But, I started to see something beyond games, I realized they are software. Well-built software will help solve many complex real world problems with ease. This multiplied my curiosity and made me focus on the field of Computer Science. My thirst for quality and standards kept me on the run searching for knowledge. I strongly believe that doing a Master’s degree will help me stay updated and achieve my dream of becoming a master in the field.... [tags: experience, programming, education]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- I, Likhitha, have been fascinated by the advancements in technology and innovations. Since my schooling, I have been inclined towards problem solving; this made me to opt for sciences – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in my high school education. Gradually I was introduced to one of the most ingenious human innovations: the computer. Soon I was attracted to the fact that it has a major role to play in the contemporary world. My interest in them propelled me to learn language packages like C, C++, J2SE and advanced Java, and also take up the courses on Oracle, MySQL, HTML and MATLAB.... [tags: education, goals, research]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The Natural Phenomenom of Newton's Law of Gravity
- Money Can't Buy Happiness in F.Scott Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby
- Social Media Increases Cititizen's Engagement in Local Government
- Should We Always Turn to the Internet for Answers?
- My Leadership Style is Tranformational
- Status of Western-European Women in Classical and Post-Classical Eras