Math and Physical Sciences exposed me to new concepts and my quest to use them for practical applications prompted me to continue my studies in engineering. An affinity for mechanical devices led me to enrol myself in the Mechanical Engineering curriculum.
It is after a good deal of self-assessment that I have decided to follow post-graduate studies in Industrial Engineering. This decision followed after considering my areas of interest and professional ambition which is to pursue a career in Industrial Engineering. Industrial Engineering deals with the application of science, mathematics and engineering methods to complex system integration and operations.
Industrial visits to Integral coach factory, Hyundai, Ashok Leyland, Lucas-TVS in Chennai during my undergraduate study helped me to gain more technical knowledge about industries and its machines. My search for knowledge never made me think it is enough and endless knowledge to be gained in the days to come.
During my pre-final year in engineering I was made to lead the team for my project team. I had a team of three people who were very good in different fields. We Designed and Fabricated a Rack and Pinion Mechan...
... middle of paper ...
... changed my priorities and I have cleaned up my act by clearing six backlogs in one semester.
I strongly believe that excellence that develops within oneself can be attributed to the environment in which one experiences and to the system one is exposed to. A graduate study in your university will provide a perfect launch pad to propel my career in the right direction because of the great amount of flexibility incorporated within the learning system, infrastructure, vibration interaction with the industry and exposure to the latest technology. My learning experience in such a learning environment would be highly beneficial to gain knowledge in the relevant field and I would consider myself very fortunate if I am made to be a part of your esteemed institution. I promise I would work hard and contribute my best and prove to be a valuable addition to your institution.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Complex things are made using simple concepts and principles." Looking back at my schooling days, this was the essence of thought that went through my mind, as I fidgeted with the various pieces of white goods I found at home. This curiosity for knowing "how things worked" has come a long way, from a science club member, who demonstrated experiments to fellow students in school to a "How Things Work" event volunteer in my high school. Even today, when I look at a multi-task horizontal machining centre, my mind wanders around the wonders of man-machine capabilities.... [tags: industrial engineering, education]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- ... These subjects have developed immense interest and have increased my hunger to gain more knowledge. Zeal to learn more has made me apply for master’s degree program. Learning of computer science would be incomplete without programming. During my undergrad I have learnt the programming languages C, C++, and JAVA and performed well during theory and lab examinations and scored S grades. I have also participated in Swarm Robotics workshop conducted by IIT-Bombay where we simulate the robot using code on basic c.... [tags: computer science, universary, graduate]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- ... In A levels, I studied biology which gave me an academic foundation that is necessary for a career in science and provided me with knowledge of how human life evolved. Mathematics helped me solve problems from different angles and work in a logical and critical manner. These subjects gave me a drive to further my education in science and learn more about how it shapes our planet. The aspects of natural science program that attracts me the most is the multidisciplinary course which holds a unique opportunity, where I could freely choose which subjects that I want to study.... [tags: natural science, biology, culture]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- ... In this four years intensive program, involves subjects of my interest like Operating System, Web Programming, Distributed Databases, Computer Networks, Automata and Compiler design in which I secured impressive grades. To augment my knowledge in hardware domain, I successfully completed hardware programming on 8086(Microprocessor) and 8051(Microcontroller). My firm belief in my objective to study graduation and research area was the result of my participation in various seminars. My papers including CARBON TUBES, Artificial Immune System and Nano ROBOTS in Human Body were highly lauded and appreciated.... [tags: technology, research, development, goal]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose “The thirst for knowledge increases with the acquisition of it” –Thomas Carlyle. Our modern world would be inconceivable without computer science. From technology to enterprise administration, medicine to biological science, social and archaeological study –every area of research today need computer science for the evaluation of their facts and figures.... [tags: statement of purpose]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I have always believed to set a goal, focused on it, achieve the goal and then again set another goal to achieve that. With the work experience of two years that has imparted the basic skills and knowledge of the professional field; I would like to put my next step to achieve my goal by pursuing Master degree in Computer Science. I have done my schooling from ST.JOSEPH’S HIGH SCHOOL which was one of the best Christian Minority institutions located at Kothagudem, Andhra Pradesh, India .I was strongly motivated to pass my tenth class exams with over 77 percent marks.... [tags: computer science, education]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP) Major: Master of Science in Computer Science (MS in Computer Science) When I was 13 years old my father presented a personal computer as a birthday gift to me. Having seen the profound impact which personal computers have made and witnessed its prolific growth right from my childhood, it has been a great fascination for me to study computers and related technologies. This childhood fascination made me opt for Computer Science as mainstream diploma subject. With invigorating enthusiasm throughout the course duration, I completed my diploma with a good percentage.... [tags: technology, education, qualifications]
701 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Purpose By virtue of the constant and incessant research and development being carried out in the field of computers, this technology, having pervaded every domain known to man, is effectuating tremendous progress and advancement even as I frame this statement. My undergraduate study in the field, certainly served to provide me with a keen appreciation for its remarkable reach and while each subfield that I explored provided me with a different perspective and furthered my fascination with this realm of science, it was the curriculum courses in Database Management Systems, Data Structures and Algorithm, and Information Technology for Management of Enterprise that most excited me... [tags: engineering, technology, education]
845 words (2.4 pages)