I was fascinated to feel like I was a part of the telecommunication system, to develop with it and to solve its problems. My interest in this field arose when I was in the 10th grade. It was the usual summer and all I wanted to do was relax and entertain myself. However, my plans were about to change: my Mom asked me if I wanted to work in a company to earn some pocket money to become more independent. This company was configuring ADSL, which, at that point, was prevalent in our city. I viewed this job as easy, because I had previous experience with PCs and ADSL-routers. It seemed like I would forget about this work straight away after it had finished bu...
... middle of paper ...
...After this conversation there was no doubt that I wanted to apply for admission, and, hopefully, get accepted. My vacation motivated me to do some investigation into Northeastern University. I spent some time finding information about it: about schools, science researches, professors. As a result, my desire to apply became even stronger than before. Not least because of the uniqueness of the Master’s Degree in Telecommunications Systems Management in Boston. I have many plans for my future after graduation. My goal is to contribute to the development of the worldwide communications. People will always need to keep in touch with each other, it’s our nature. I’m sure that Northeastern University and Graduate School of Engineering will help me to pursue my knowledge, so I could apply it in the future to make it easier for our society to stay connected in our big world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Even the slowdown in current global economies could not bring retail sector down as retailers keep seeking for opportunities overseas to avoid challenging economic condition, which make this sector becoming more globalised and competitive. As an heir of an industrial components retailer, I also believe there are bountiful opportunities to grow in this emerging industry. But without deeply and truly understanding in every aspect of retailing, one could not survive in the battle. For this reason, I would like to pursue my education further by studying Master in retail management to obtain knowledge in retailing and hopefully become successful in the field.... [tags: extracurricular, skills, education]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Our world has changed. In the early days one would need to spend a lot of time and resources to deliver a letter or a piece of news – people had to send messages through enormous territories, using animals and birds. Nowadays it takes only several seconds to receive a message from another part of the world. Can you imagine that. Billions of users all around the globe, terabytes of information are sent from one continent to another, amount of nodes between the sender and the receiver could be greater than a thousand.... [tags: networks, technology, education]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Computers have fascinated me ever since I was a child. Like any kid, I initially interpreted it as a mere gaming device. However, as I grew older, I started developing a curiosity making me want to learn how it works. It was at this time that I was introduced to the concept of programming in my middle school. When I was taught that computers could be used to perform almost anything, I was not convinced; I wanted to see for it myself. This drove me to choose computer science as my main stream of study in high school.... [tags: computers, database, programming]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- ... In my second year at BITS Pilani, I participated in Eloquence, a National Technical Festival organized by the Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupathi , where I gave a talk on “Security Policy Management for Mobile Codes”. I presented a design of a new role based dynamic security policy for mobile codes that can executed on the remote hosts as well as within a browser, inside a trusted network. The study of complicacies of security hazards posed by mobile codes, like hostile java applets and the way Java Runtime environment handles this was really fascinating.... [tags: career, education, experience]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “Time and tide wait for no man” Being well acknowledged about the above saying has pushed me a mile further for every aspect of my life. The four year engineering course in Information Technology has always been a beautiful experience and has inspired me to put the knowledge into my Masters degree. This would allow me to enhance my knowledge about technology and its pros and cons and the guidance I would need. Gone are those days when man had to slog for simple works, he has advanced into boundaries which are unimaginable and has made his life easy, being an essential part of such an advancement has always been my motive.... [tags: education, experience, knowledge]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Today, we are not just at the threshold of a new world but much deeper into it; we have been living and witnessing the materialization of change through developing technologies. The technologies used for telecommunications have changed greatly over the last 50 years. These changes are central to the foundation of the 21st century, are continuously evolving providing potential for newer ways of changing our world and making it a better place to live in. The field of telecommunications has always fascinated me, the way it dwarves the vastness of the world or how it has helped people connect with each other.... [tags: career, experience, university]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- ... These subjects have developed immense interest and have increased my hunger to gain more knowledge. Zeal to learn more has made me apply for master’s degree program. Learning of computer science would be incomplete without programming. During my undergrad I have learnt the programming languages C, C++, and JAVA and performed well during theory and lab examinations and scored S grades. I have also participated in Swarm Robotics workshop conducted by IIT-Bombay where we simulate the robot using code on basic c.... [tags: computer science, universary, graduate]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- My interest in one of the most celebrated majors in college, Computer Science, traces back to the time when computers emerged as a revolutionary tool. I have always had a fascination towards them. I have come to realize that they form the integral part in the face of quotidian reality. This empowered me with an inquisitive look and helped me probe into the technology which, now, faces constant development. Mankind has advanced its realms to such an unimaginable level that one can say it has intensified the laziness in him.... [tags: salient images, technology, telecommunications]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- I, Likhitha, have been fascinated by the advancements in technology and innovations. Since my schooling, I have been inclined towards problem solving; this made me to opt for sciences – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in my high school education. Gradually I was introduced to one of the most ingenious human innovations: the computer. Soon I was attracted to the fact that it has a major role to play in the contemporary world. My interest in them propelled me to learn language packages like C, C++, J2SE and advanced Java, and also take up the courses on Oracle, MySQL, HTML and MATLAB.... [tags: education, goals, research]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- ... A certain parts of my undergraduate subjects like Management Information Systems, Software Management and Project Planning and Management have created a great impact in my mind and have always grabbed my attention and probed me to take a step further. This has ignited the spark in me and put light onto my goals. Having a consistent increase in my grades during my undergraduate level has nurtured me well to take up the challenges that I will be encountering during the course. Engineering Management hits the right chords for my field of interest and I am quite confident that I will excel in it.... [tags: education, undergraduate, challenges]
727 words (2.1 pages)