As Indian culture perceived doctors or engineers as the most successful professionals, that’s what peer pressure introduced me to and instilled in me to be a doctor. Seeing my elder brother become a doctor, I wanted to follow a different path so I channeled my energies towards becoming a dentist. With my hard work and motivation, I was able to score high in the state entrance exams and secured a position in one of the most reputed dental institution of my state. But my interest and fate had different plans.
I thoroughly enjoyed my student life by organizing social activities and participating in various sports events. Throughout my dental school, I won the "Sportsman Award" and captained my team to national level medical/dental college competitions. The game of cricket taught me how to analyze, w...
... middle of paper ...
...ation Technology) program at Georgetown University fits in both of my criteria, it is the best academic and personal setting to help me reach my goal of contributing towards the creation of knowledge and information driven healthcare.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is reshaping the health care system in the United States at an accelerating rate. In earlier times US Healthcare system was more focused on intervention of diseases, but now it is moving more towards preventive approach and I see Health IT as the most important tool that can lead this change. I strongly believe that my professional goals, range and depth of my experience and knowledge is an asset and my enthusiasm for the field makes me an ideal candidate for the Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management (Health Information Technology) program at Georgetown University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Statement of Purpose Health Care is a Right Not a Privilege – Jan Spence, Kimberley Clark Foundation. Regrettably the above slogan perfectly suits the present condition of healthcare in my country. An endeavor to bring about a change is the prime motive for me in aspiring to be a Public Health Professional. In present time the world faces a lot of changes in healthcare systems. In my home country India lot of conversions are happening. The changes varies from eliminating chronic epidemic disease, removing infectious diseases, nutritional deficiencies, insecure pregnancies.... [tags: health care, education, dentist]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- After meeting with my academic advisor and one of the dietitians from China, I learned a lot of strategies to achieve my goal. In other word, I affirmed my goals after my meeting with them. They provides some information and advice for me, those helped me a lot. I think I already know what I want for my future. Firstly, I met with my academic advisor about to apply graduate school during mid of October. She is a very nice person that helped me to contact admission center and also school of HPER.... [tags: career choices, statement of purpose]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- MSN Statement of Purpose I knew from a young age that I wanted to be a healthcare professional. I owe this in great part to my grandmother from my dad’s side of the family, who as far as I can remember was never in a good state of health. She went from being a kind, bustling woman who brought a smile to anyone who crossed her path, to a frail shadow of the woman I had always admired. All I could do at my young age was sit by and watch as her health slowly deteriorated — as dementia ate away at her mind and body.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Nursing specialties]
700 words (2 pages)
- Oluwaseyi Ade-Ojo: Statement of Purpose My journey to becoming an organisational psychology had been a long one. As a child, all I wanted was to engage in an area of employment that influenced the world in a way that would make humans’ lives better. A work that will inspire others and make them want to live life, this was a dream I always had. I always wanted to help people, so decided to be a doctor, but low and behold science was not quite my strong suit. It was disheartening to see a dream I longed for drifting away.... [tags: Employment, Psychology, Problem solving]
706 words (2 pages)
- PhD in Epidemiology Candidate Statement of Purpose "Good, better, best; never let it rest till your good is better and your better is the best." Believing in this quote, I have always endeavored to raise my standards of success. It is this quest for increasing excellence that motivates me to pursue a PhD degree at your prestigious University in the USA. I wish to share with you, my feelings in this regard and the train of thoughts that lead me to this decision. Every Individual wants to exceed and succeed in life.... [tags: statement of purpose]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
Becoming a Researcher in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular & Cellular Biology in the Georgetown University School of Medicine
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “They can conquer those who believe they can” – these lines by Ralph Waldo Emerson have kept my dream alive of charting a career of research and innovation for myself. Advances are being made in the field of Biotechnology and it has emerged as a captivating and versatile field of science. Application of newer technologies has created new challenges and opportunities in this industry, but it is largely untapped resource and has large potential for continuous research. These newer challenges excite me and I am keen to try my hand at unraveling them with my skills through MS in Biotechnology and pursue a life of scholarly pursuits along with imparting the knowledge gained... [tags: statement of purpose]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “Education is a tool that puts one a fast to acquire knowledge and personality that sets one apart from the crowd. It is one bottom less hole; no matter how much one pours himself into it, he thirsts for more.” I have been dedicated towards my studies right from childhood. I completed my school and my pre-university education, Physics and Mathematics being my majors with flying colors in the Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) XII, 2003 from a reputed college. I got the opportunity to pursue my goal by getting into an esteemed institute Sri Vasavi Engineering College, which is affiliated to JNTU, Andhra Pradesh.... [tags: data analysis, cleveland state, computers ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- I think it is very important to have the education, skills, and knowledge to be a medical professional especially in the medical administration field. I will obtain a degree in Medical Information Technology, ATA Degree-Medical Billing Specialist Certificate and my expected graduation date is June 2017. I have over 16 years of medical administration experience and with that I also have I have a lot of medical experience as a Navy Corpsman with a wide range of specialties. The most important issue I learned in my medical career is you can have all that experience and it will not help you understand the patients that you are treating, prescribing medications, and in general directions for foll... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- My Future Career My career I want to do it be is to be a neonatal nurse. My job would be helping babies, and when you are taking care of them to go home. I would love to be around them all the time, they are just so adorable in every way. The neonatal nursing started in the 1970’s. That started in the United States, and Japan. In the years in 2009 and 2010 they met 11 times for talking about new ways of doing things. They used to call them kangoshi, which meant a group of nurses that were licensed nurses.... [tags: career, babies, education]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Bhd. As an Assistant Manufacturing, my major responsibility is to assist the Head of Manufacturing Department to make sure all the activities under the Manufacturing Department such as Production Planning, Production and Delivery were running smoothly accordance with work instructions and company policies to ensure a safe and quality product delivered on time. Most of the company products were related to suspension system in a car, thus it was part of my job to make sure all the workers implemented and maintained safety standard as required by law and company policies.... [tags: manufacture, teach, research]
704 words (2 pages)