Despite who you are, starting up a business of your own will be challenging, time consuming, and make you just want to pull your hair out. It doesn’t take much to start a business as far as jumping through hoops and requirements, but those few hoops are on fire over a pool of sharks and after taking a bath in gasoline and seal blood, you realize that it’s going to take some serious finesse to pull it off. Realistically, it does take a lot of effort to get a business going and most fail within the first few years, but it is not impossible. Although the risks are somewhat high, it is still considered a good life and career choice to go into Small Business Operation/Entrepreneurship. With the right level of focus and dedication it’s very simple to succeed in the business field despite its grueling challenges.
Before even attempting to jump through any hoops, one must first figure out some of the small things like, what kind of business you want to own, is it a service or production based business, is the business high demand in your area or anywhere at all, and any other question that relates specifically to your chosen business. Location is also a key factor. For example, opening another hotel in Gold Beach wouldn’t be a great idea. These questions factor into the business concept. “A business concept is the bridge between an idea and a business plan.” (2) This stage is very important and useful because it is illogical to attempt to start a business with out any real forethought. Once you have made the right decisions it’s time to put it into an organized layout. Putting together a business plan is the best choice.
One of the big hoops one faces in the business of Small Business Operation is creating and presenting a business ...
... middle of paper ...
... of time and money, but if its done right, it will pay off.
So, with everything lined out, the job for the entrepreneur is simple, yet costly. Despite the challenges however, with the correct methods and dedication success will be achieved. The biggest challenge is the long-term dedication to the businesses success. Although jumping through all the flaming hoops is dangerous and risky, if an entrepreneur can find his way through he might just find himself landing on a nice soft pile of cash.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First things first: Your plans will change over time, so you are not expected to write them in stone. You’ll be using a pencil, or better yet, use your Mac to write things down. There are various reasons to write or not to write a business plan. Businesses have succeeded and failed with or without a business plan. There is no guarantee. Business plans give a sanity check for you and your investors. When it comes to starting your own business you’ll need a roadmap, a business plan. You’ll need a business plan to define how you intend to make it happen or “get ’er done” for you and your family.... [tags: Business Management ]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- Despite who you are, starting up a business of your own will be challenging, time consuming, and make you just want to pull your hair out. It doesn’t take much to start a business as far as jumping through hoops and requirements, but those few hoops are on fire over a pool of sharks and after taking a bath in gasoline and seal blood, you realize that it’s going to take some serious finesse to pull it off. Realistically, it does take a lot of effort to get a business going and most fail within the first few years, but it is not impossible.... [tags: entrepreneur, permits, licence]
1043 words (3 pages)
- The venture to be the owner of an accounting and tax service provider is not a small task, and you have realized the challenges that many experience in starting their own business. Fortunately, you have taken steps early within the life of your new business in an attempt to correct any problems and learn from past mistakes in order to be successful in the future. In our previous communications you mention that you started your own business because you wanted to work in your own community, have the flexibility of owning your own business, while also being able to make a good living, and these are all worthy motivators for a fledgling business owner.... [tags: Tips for Starting Your Own Company]
3528 words (10.1 pages)
- Human beings are continuously engaged in some activity or other to satisfy their unlimited wants. It is an economic activity, which is related with continuous and regular production, and distribution of goods and services for satisfying human wants. Starting a business is the dream of many individuals. In setting up a business takes imagination, research, analytical skills time and money without this resources, one cannot fully support his chosen things in mind before even pursuing a project like starting a business.... [tags: business failure, starting a business]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- When starting up your own Business in Events many factors need to be taken into consideration beforehand. This includes what skills you already have, considering the risk of self employment, research into the current demand for events, what type of events do you want to manage, do you have the determination, How are you planning to finance the venture and all the legal requirements. Firstly what skills do you posses that will help. Do you have enough knowledge in Employment law, Can you manage your finances, and do you know the necessary aspects of health and safety that are required.... [tags: Business Management]
2564 words (7.3 pages)
- Sitting in class, gazing at images of scenic vineyards from around the world, I yearn to be there. They all seem as tranquil as they are appealing to the eye. Yet driven by these peaceful plots is a thriving industry. The wine industry is amidst a golden age as production and quality are reaching new highs in places all over the world. So can I be a part of this golden age. Can a small investment of just a few acres become profitable and provide high quality wine grapes. The following is an attempt to further explore my dream of owning a vineyard by determining basic processes and costs necessary to run a successful vineyard.... [tags: Business Entrepreneur]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- For some people, being the boss, and which by boss I mean business owner, would be the greatest thing ever. Most think you get to pick your own hours, make the most money, and make everyone do the things you want done. Of course there is work involved and it takes work to make it but the rewards will be better owning a business that succeeds. The ultimate goal is becoming a millionaire and retiring at the age of forty and just drawing money from business production. However they really don’t understand the work it takes to make it a million dollar company.... [tags: Business ]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Starting and Running a Business Despite being an intimidating prospect for most people, there are millions of entrepreneurs in the US. Some of them turn out to be very successful, others, not so much. There are many steps to starting and running a business, but many of them can be easily accomplished simply by filling out some forms, and several small fees. Businesses have been around since the beginning of bartering, an apple for some wheat, a horse for a wife, a daughter for a house. (In no way reflecting what I would trade) The startups of businesses across time have never come easy, from cost, to hassle, to threat of beheading; there have always been obstacles in starting a business.... [tags: Business Management ]
1755 words (5 pages)
- 1. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of taking your small business online by performing a SWOT analysis. Include 2-4 items in each category. What is a SWOT analysis. It is an evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of a business unit and identification of opportunities presented by the markets of business units and threats posed by competitors. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats is what the letters of SWOT resemble (Schneider 2001 page 32).. Inside a business are where the strengths and weaknesses are found and what each business is capable of handling.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- Starting a small business is often one of the hardest things a person can do. Some people start a business out of pure fascination, or even as a hobby. Whether starting a business for personal reasons or simply the grandeur to make loads of money, everybody needs to have a plan. Starting a small business is no easy task and can take days if not months to prepare. The most important aspect to have is the tempura and heart to start a small business, as without passion, no business can succeed. One has to be his or her own boss, make dream, reality and be willing to market and sell a product.... [tags: Business, entrepreneur, informative]
2009 words (5.7 pages)