What is a SWOT analysis? It is an evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of a business unit and identification of opportunities presented by the markets of business units and threats posed by competitors. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats is what the letters of SWOT resemble (Schneider 2001 page 32).. Inside a business are where the strengths and weaknesses are found and what each business is capable of handling. Opportunities and threats are located outside a company and are based on the real world (Zahorsky 2011). Starting a business online and moving forward is a great advantage. Other advantages are taking the steps to focus on growing, using SWOT to comprehend the structure in a business plan, focus on aggressive advertising that will withstand in the marketplace and taking hold of threats and reacting when needed (Zahorsky 2011). E-commerce provides any company the ability to reach out to more people. Potential customers are now at home on their personal computer and no longer have to be inside the store. Customers are looking for strengths in businesses including different locations of businesses, the uniqueness of a product, and how well the established business is (Zahorsky 2011). Weaknesses are very difficult to write about rather than strengths for businesses. By choosing to convert to an online business, some of the strong points that small businesses thrive on would be lost. Customer relationships would be virtually non-existent along with customer loyalty. Small businesses are influenced by factors outside of the commercial realm. These include environment...
... middle of paper ...
... otherwise made. (Schneider 2011 page 326).”
In order to prevent these crimes I would make it possible so that no matter where the crime took place at there would be punishment even if it occurred outside the United States. If there is a law that is being forced in one area of the country it should be forced in all areas. Now as for online gambling, I feel as though it should be eliminated completely due to unlawfulness taken place. By doing this there would have to be a way of getting rid of the gambling sites.
Haughey, Duncan. (2011). SWOT Analysis. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/swot-analysis.html
Schneider, Gary. (2000-2011). Electronic Commerce. Mason, OH: Cengage Learning
Zahorsky, Darrel. (2011). A Business owner’s secret weapon: SWOT Analysis. Retrieved from http://sbinformation.about.com/cs/bestpractices/a/swot.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Starting and Running a Business Despite being an intimidating prospect for most people, there are millions of entrepreneurs in the US. Some of them turn out to be very successful, others, not so much. There are many steps to starting and running a business, but many of them can be easily accomplished simply by filling out some forms, and several small fees. Businesses have been around since the beginning of bartering, an apple for some wheat, a horse for a wife, a daughter for a house. (In no way reflecting what I would trade) The startups of businesses across time have never come easy, from cost, to hassle, to threat of beheading; there have always been obstacles in starting a business.... [tags: Business Management ]
1755 words (5 pages)
- PC Repair will give machine help in both a counseling and specialized ability to little entrepreneurs as sick as home PC clients. Since PC Repair is presently a small time operation, its development in the initial three months will be restricted by the manager's ability to finish work. Notwithstanding, these initial three months are basic for securing my dependability and a notoriety for accomplishing the employment rapidly and sick. I will concentrate on conveying astounding administration, and utilizing the great expressions of mouth from this starting period to system with other potential customers.... [tags: market segmentation, business market]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- ... The individuals or group of people who are willing to start a new project should upload his/her video which actually explains the overall objective, the content and the funding required for the project (Turban, Volonino & Wood, 2013). Thereby, the crowd (visitors) decides if the projects are really worth in their investments. Hence, it can be treated as a social commerce. Investors receive additional benefits like T-shirts, tickets to a concert. Also, when an investor invests some amount on the project and when the deadline is met, they check if the needed amount is reached or not.... [tags: internet, social commerce, funds]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The Information revolution is changing our daily lives. With the rapid development of computer and internet, online commerce become quite common and plays an important role in the modern world. The online business has booming development in these few years. US online retail sales raised an average of 11% in the first three months of 2009 (“US Online Sales Up,” 2009). The growth of online sales may due to the growing number of consumers who shop online. In the case of Asia, survey reported 77.6% of Internet users have online shopping experiences in 2003 (as cited in To, Liao & Lin, 2007).... [tags: Online Shopping, internet, economy, ]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION A few years ago, a friend approached me about partnering with her in the purchase of a day spa. I had always wanted the freedom and satisfaction that comes with being my own boss. After deciding to move forward with my partner and buy a day spa, I learned to put together a business plan, personnel criteria, and marketing plan. 1. CONCRETE EXPERIENCE Prior to purchasing the day spa, I learned while doing my research that the spa industry is a growing industry and that more than any other time in history; people are leading very stressful lives.... [tags: Starting a Small Business]
2008 words (5.7 pages)
- We have come full circle in forms of communication. From “cave man” grunts, body and hand gestures, and pictographic wall paintings, to “cubicle man” lols (laugh-out-loud), ttyls (talk-to-you-later), and smiley face emoticons, we are regressing to an earlier form of interactions. The expressive and communicative richness of writing is slowly becoming the archeological relics of an electronic modern society. I am no stranger to this failing. I started high school with a loose grasp of the tools of writing; I left high school with a, slightly, better grasp of those tools.... [tags: Online Chat, Texting]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- In this modern era, being smart academically, having a bachelor or master title cannot guarantee a person from having a good job with a good salary. Some people don't satisfy with their current work because they think that the salary is small and they should deserve more, no wonder there are many people work in places that are very contrast with their study in the past. Nowadays there are many independent businesses running both online and offline such as online shops, restaurant, saloon, etc. Some may think that it is just a part-time job to have an extra salary, but the truth is, we can get a large amount of incomes if we have a good management skill.... [tags: independent business, online, offline]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Shopping for Online Security Since the early 2000’s, people have been shopping online. More and more it has grown where now people are constantly online doing their shopping. Anything and everything is available for purchase. From a piece of fruit from around the world; to a vehicle that is a few states away. Whatever your heart desires, if you have the money for it, you are most likely going to be able to buy it. What happens though when someone else grabs ahold of your information while you are shopping online.... [tags: e-commerce, business, internet]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Do you already have a domain name. If not you can do a quick search on a search engine to find a company that offers domains. Domain names aren’t that much normally per year. You can get a private domain where none of your information is displayed on the net. You can also get a secured site certificate if needed for a that does online sales. After you decide on the domain registrar you can search google for a promotional code (promo code) and I’m sure you can find even better discounts to get that domain.... [tags: Hostname, Bandwith, Sales]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- What is the appropriate beginning. Every year thousands upon thousands of college graduates enter the professional world eager to start working. However an important dilemma faces most, what is a reasonable starting salary. With the workforce dynamics consistently changing, and organizations starting to experience in a shortage in skilled labor, new college graduates face a multitude of factors upon entering the employment world. How does a graduate measure his or her worth in the marketplace. The following paper analyzes the various components and complications of compensation packages for new graduates.... [tags: Careers Jobs]
1315 words (3.8 pages)