Firstly what skills do you posses that will help? Do you have enough knowledge in Employment law, Can you manage your finances, and do you know the necessary aspects of health and safety that are required? Communication skills are essential as you need to be able to clearly put across your ideas to your client in a concise and confident manner. It is also vital you are comfortable in managing others and delegation. When you employ internal staff you need to be able to motivate, encourage effective teamwork, with strong leadership skills and be able to develop your own successful sense and style of management. Being able to grasp conceptual ability (being able to deal with complex and difficult situations with assertive decision making and the drive to meet your own business objectives. This also includes being able to handle great responsibility and dealing with the uncertainty and the element of surprise).
Taking the step to become self employed is a total lifestyle change, it is a lot more flexible however there is the inconsistency of regular incoming work in the early stages of a new business. Self motivation is needed to be able to overcome the risk entailed with self employment. You have sole responsibility for your finances, staff, reputation and so much more. You need to be confident enough to make your business a success. It is always good t...
... middle of paper ...
Finally in your line of work you will be responsible for others at events and insurance will be needed. As a new business its best that you get insured per event as you don’t know how many events you will be organising annually to purchase it yearly. Insurance will protect you for all unforeseen damages and accidents, Public Liability Insurance (PLI) should cover most problems. You can get extra cover for other things as problems with your staff, a change in weather conditions, cancellation or even loss of money. It is best that you seek the help of a Insurance Broker they will find you the best deal around and tailor to the needs of each individual event.
Overall many things need to be taken into consideration and each needed to be thoroughly looked into and researched and thought about. Starting a business in events is not a decision to make lightly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tony Hsieh the CEO of Zappos once said “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” My dream job is to own my own business someday to become an entrepreneur. “Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision of something and a want to create” once said by David Karp, Tumblr founder and CEO. To take responsibility to be the person that is the leader of my team. To help my vision come to life and be successful at it, I will need to reach my goals and gain knowledge. My wiliness to help others find their goals in life and them to accomplish them.... [tags: true love, wedding services]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- ... Color Me Cupcake will host a grand opening to gain consumer awareness. This event will have the City of Chicago talking. The event will offer some nice take home products offered by the business to build customers interest and this will also help to increase sales. We will have employees on site sporting our logo shirts handing out samples of different cupcakes. The business is also supporting “Going Green”; this will cut of cost for the business and help with costumer awareness to show we care about our environment.... [tags: bakery, quality, price]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Though its had its shares of market ups and down micro-brewing is a stable to american beer business. Micro-brewing took off in the early 90’s with brew pubs. People where looking for a more original taste. Micro beers took form of a affordable luxury. Furthermore people wanted to disconnect with the rapid consumerism from the 80’s with wall-mart’s and Mc Donald's showing up everywhere. People where also starting to connect with their local towns and history trying to distinguish their home town from another.... [tags: Business Analysis]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Now that the money is beginning to roll into your bank account you should celebrate some for all the hard work that you have done in getting your product out the door. This celebration should be short lived as now the real work begins because you need to watch the market, both the customers and your competitors response to what you are doing so that you can keep ahead of the crowd. Whatever you do, do not let your first product or service languish around because once the market finds out about it and sees that it is a hot seller the market will take advantage of this time and try to cash in on your fame and try to move past you.... [tags: Business Management ]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- When starting a new venture, you must have guidelines, so to speak, to know where you are heading in the future. That is why before you can start a business you need to draw up a detailed business plan. Business plans are considered blueprints. A business plan is what is needed to get your business off the ground and to attract potential investors. A business plan is way to show that you are in the business to make money. Introduce the company and the product/service idea for the new venture. Triple S Night Club is a new company that will offer high quality services to its clients.... [tags: Business Management]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Strategic Planning and Implementation Value statements to create strategic Guidelines Each company has innumerable ways of suggesting its value statements like what to live by, leadership principles, core values and much more. All value statements are found in the core positions of the members in the organization. The objective of this paper is to create strategies that are modern, reachable and well organized in functioning. Merck’s Values Preserving and improving human lives is the Merck value addition portal.... [tags: Business Management]
1991 words (5.7 pages)
- Steve Kafka, a franchise owner for Chicago Style Pizza, is contemplating the options of opening a new franchise into the country of the Czech Republic, the country of his family's origin. Though Steve has made several trips into the Czech Republic, speaks the language and knows many people, he must seriously consider all of the opportunities and potential barriers to this new venture. I will explore the cultural differences between the United States and the Czech Republic. Next, potential competitive advantages are examined along with Hofsteade's Primary Cultural Dimensions to reveal clues to the culture pertaining to the new business.... [tags: International Business]
1750 words (5 pages)
- In this report, I will discuss what it takes to own your own business and what factors go into it. My overall dream some day is to own my own business and with this comes a great deal of responsibility. I will help you understand what you can to do to become a successful business owner. Finding a consistent well paying job has been getting harder and harder in recent years. A number of new and great business opportunities are available to the public. These opportunities only cash in if you run a well rounded business plan.... [tags: Process Entrepreneurship Business]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Business Analysis of Sport Obermeyer Sport Obermeyer is a high-end fashion skiwear design and merchandising company headquartered in Aspen, Colorado. Over the years, Sports Obermeyer has developed into a dominant competitor. Sports Obermeyer's estimated sales in 1992 were $32.8 million. The company holds 45% share of children's skiwear and 11% of adult Skiwear market. Sport Obermeyer produces merchandise ranging from: parkas, vests, ski suits, shells, ski pants, turtlenecks, and accessories. These products are sold throughout U.S.... [tags: Papers Business Management Essays]
2221 words (6.3 pages)
- Burton Snowboards Business Analysis Burton Snowboards takes surfing to the mountains, with premium snowboards and equipment. Jake Burton, the world’s first snowboard maker, founded the company in 1977 in Londonberry, Vermont. Despite it being small and privately owned, Burton is the industry leader in snowboards and equipment controlling 40% total market share in the winter sports industry. Burton is a global business with its main headquarters in Vermont, Japan and Austria and worldwide distribution capabilities in over 35 countries.... [tags: Business Marketing Analyzing Essays]
746 words (2.1 pages)