Stargirl Caraway has been homeschooled her entire life until her 10th grade year. She became a student at Mica High School. It is usually not a big thing to get a new girl at school, but Stargirl was different. She did not dress or acts like the other students. Leo the producer of their high school, “Hot Seat”, television show. Had a particular interest in Stargirl. He thought she was amazing, he didn’t know this at first, but he soon found out.
Stargirl did strange things. She would sing happy birthday at lunch to students. She also would bring her homeroom class different treats for holidays. The whole school was convinced by Hillarie Kimble that she was not real. Stargirl’s actions seemed to confirm this with every act she did. One of the strange things she did is during one of the football games at half time. Stargirl danced on the field with the marching band, and then when the game was to start again she stole the football and danced with it.
Stargirl was very smart and very strange indeed. Hillary ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... No one has to wonder how they could have touched the docility of grey clouds. No one has to wonder what distance they went to not to be that sole splash of color in a world of white. In the long trek of life, people are constantly chided to follow their hearts, and to be themselves, and to let our individuality run free. As Georg Simmel once said,“The deepest problems of modern life derive from the claim of the individual to preserve the autonomy and individuality of his existence in the face of overwhelming social forces, of historical heritage, of external culture, and of the technique of life.” He is utterly correct.... [tags: trek of life, individuality]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- The book I read was Stargirl written by Jerry Spinelli. The main character of this book is Susan Caraway, but everyone knows her as Stargirl. Stargirl is about 16 years old. She is in 10th grade. Her hair is the color of sand and falls to her shoulders. A “sprinkle” of freckles crosses her nose. Mostly, she looked like a hundred other girls in school, except for two things. She didn’t wear makeup and her eyes were bigger than anyone else’s in the school. Also, she wore outrageous clothes. Normal for her was a long floor-brushing pioneer dress or skirt.... [tags: essays research papers]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- Imagine a thirteen year old middle school girl, wearing Guess boots and an Abercrombie hood in order to fit in. Visualize a thirty five year old man listening to the top forty radio stations and watching American Idol, so he can have something to add to the discussion with his co-workers over coffee break. The various types of behaviours stated before are pertained to as conformity. Conformity refers to the process by which an individual's attitudes, beliefs, and behaviours are influenced by other individuals.... [tags: Sociology]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- Stargirl was another fantastic book Jerry Spinelli. He added interesting characters, such as, Leo the quiet and shy one, Stargirl unique and fun one, Dori Dilson Stargirl only friend, Archie the wise and elderly one, Kevin Leo’s friend that likes the stoplight, and Hillari Kimble the popular bratty one. This book takes place in MICA, Arizona. Now, in paragraph one I will discuss the plot of Stargirl. Next, I will talk about the theme in Stargirl. Finally, I will evaluate Jerry Spinelli`s job on the novel Stargirl.... [tags: Literature Analysis]
696 words (2 pages)
- Crash by Jerry Spinelli Setting: This book starts out in this kids house his name is crash. Then they go to the arcade. That is where they spend most of the story. Then close to the end they go to the riverside. Main Character: Crash he is the only one mentioned in this whole book. He is the main main character. He is tall has blonde hair, brown eyes, and has glasses. He has a funny personality. He just wants to have fun. On the outside he is a weird, tall, skinny guy on the outside but a lost, hopeless, scared boy on the inside.... [tags: Jerry Spinelli Crash]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- 1. The title of the book is Milkweed; Milkweed is a type of plant, it is as green in October as it is in July, it produces little pods that release white fluffs. It is also the symbol of the story. 2. Milkweed is set in Warsaw, Poland during the Holocaust, the setting is really important because it is a historical fiction novel, and if it were set in another place some of the places wouldn’t line up. “We came to the jagged walls of a bombed-out building. We picked our way through the rubble. Glass glittered in the moonlight.... [tags: book analysis and review]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- The Jerry Springer Show The Jerry Springer Show is a rough, crude and ruthless talk show, but Jerry Springer is not. By watching the show, people would think that Jerry Springer was a crude person. Just the opposite, Jerry Springer is a very intelligent and well accomplished person. The Jerry Springer Show is considered entertainment to some, and sleaze to others. This show is a big hit and not just in the United States, but are people taking the show to literally. I was very surprised to see what kind of man Jerry Springer is.... [tags: Jerry Springer TV Television Essays]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Business Analysis of Ben and Jerry's Introduction: Overview of the Case The corporation of Ben and Jerryâ€™s first began on May 5, 1978 in a small town called Burlington located in Virginia. The founders of this ice cream parlor were Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield with only limited funds of $8,000, they produced a famous nationwide parlor that caters to millions of people. Specialty flavors of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cherry Garcia, Rain Forest Crunch, and frozen yogurt are attractions and symbols to the corporation.... [tags: Corporations Ice Cream Ben and Jerry's Essays]
2274 words (6.5 pages)
- Cameron Crowe's Film Jerry Maguire In his movie Jerry Maguire, director Cameron Crowe illustrates how failures and successes are all part of life and if you have love and are happy with your life then you will surely succeed. It is part of life to experience failure which propels one forward to take risks and make changes to find the answers on how to succeed in lives little games. Jerry Maguire is an inspiring movie based on this theme, demonstrating success and failure with business endeavors, love relationships, friendships and self realization.... [tags: Crowe Movie Film Jerry Maguire Essays]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- The Life and Mind of Jerry Garcia in Conjunction with Howard Gardner's Model of Creativity "We always though of the Grateful Dead as being the engine that was driving the spaceship that we were traveling on."-Ken Babbs, a former Merry Prankster "Daddy is sleeping. Don't touch the guitars." -Heather Garcia In his Creating Minds, Howard Gardner states the purpose of his book as an examination of the "...often peculiar intellectual capacities, personality configurations, social arrangements, and creative agendas, struggles, and accomplishments" (6).... [tags: Howard Gardner Jerry Garcia Paperes]
1822 words (5.2 pages)