According to business dictionary 2016 staffing is defined as the selection of individuals for specific job functions, and charging them with the associated responsibilities. Staffing is a vital part of human resource management. It eases procurement and placement of right people on the right jobs. (Yourarticlelibrary.2016)
Staffing is the process of hiring, positioning and overseeing employees in an organisation. It is also the selection and training of individuals for definite job functions, and charging them with the connected responsibilities.
Staffing is one of the most crucial purposes for every organization. In the absence of good staffing system no organization can exist for a long ,this is because in every organization all the resources like, money, material, machine are used properly through man power. Therefore it is important that all the personnel (employees) in organization should choose a job according to their ability, aptitude and specializations which can only be likely through a good staffing system.
If an organization 's structural plan is in place, it requires people with the right skills, knowledge, and abilities to fill in that structure. People are an organization 's most vital resource. The right staff can carry an organization through a period of change and this may allow for future success. Because of the importance of hiring and maintaining a committed and competent staff, efficient human resource management is essential to the success of all organizations. Staffing function deals with the placement, growth and development of all of those members of the organization whose function it is getting things done through one effort of others.
Significance and Importance of Staffing
In fact, effecti...
... middle of paper ...
... workers towards their jobs. This is usually done to know the growth and development of the employees in a concern.
Promotion - Promotion is when a worker is shifted from a higher job demanding bigger responsibilities.
APPLICATION IN NURSING
Staffing cannot be overemphasized even in the nursing profession, it is essential to assign nurses to where their area of expertise is best and where they can function most effectively. This is to ensure the best level of care in patient and it helps bring out the best in the nurse. A Paediatric nurse will function well in the paediatric unit and not in the maternity ward.
APPLICATION IN MY WORLD
For any successful organization, staffing is paramount which include putting the right people at the right position where they can demonstrate their best. Any firm or institution with the correct staffing, greater output is expected.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Human Resources managers are the most important features of any business especially in an economy where there is an increasing shift towards service based industry. Price (1997) for example argues that HRM account for a great proportion of many business costs and it is the people that drive business. Through the key components of HRM such as recruitment and selection, training and developments, the essay will argue on the importance of HRM in organizations and how it contribute to organizational strategy.... [tags: definition, informative, expository]
2584 words (7.4 pages)
- Since organizations, manufactures, corporations were created, so was the need for human resource management. Human resource management could be explained as the process of managing and monitoring individuals within the operation of organizations in the most efficient and productive way. Nowadays, organizations are suffering unprecedented levels of change in the environment; however, human resource management does help the organization to sustain and expand in harsh environments through the efficient allocation of human resource.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Working time]
1599 words (4.6 pages)
- An Analysis of the Meaning and Function of Human Resource Management Human resource management is a form of organizational management that provides employee guidelines on professional conduct, social relations, and employee evaluations for the employer. Typically, the human resource manager will oversee the company policies related to maintaining good relations between employees in the company. This type of management is designed to promote a fluid and cooperative environment in which employees and mangers can accommodate certain professional needs through communication and social interaction.... [tags: Management, Human resource management]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- The issue with hiring bad managers can be addressed with Strategic Human Resource Management, Work Analysis, and a good Design Perspective. Strategic HRM is important because it takes an integrated approach to hire people with good management behaviors that should be in line with the company’s strategy and goals. Strategic Human Resource Management should be utilized to hire and promote good managers. Using an integrative approach to HRM, Strategy formulation should be integrated and align with the company’s goals.... [tags: Management, Human resource management]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- The article Human Resource Management (HRM) by Reference for Business is informative, educational, and provides a full concept description of Human Resource Management. This article provides 8 key topics. The first topic is human resource management (HRM), for instance," Human resource management (HRM), or human resource development, entails planning, implementing, and managing recruitment, as well as selection, training, career, and organizational development initiatives within an organization.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- A personal interview was conducted with Nicole Abrams and she is part of Silfex Human Resources (HR) team as an HR Generalist working since 2013. In her current role, Nicole has made significant contributions to the recruiting and employee relations processes. She has played a key role in selecting and developing new Silfex team members, while providing HR support to teams throughout the facility (Abrams, 2016). Silfex Human Resource Typical Duties Human resource management plans, directs, and coordinate the administrative tasks of an organization such as recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff, consult with top executives on strategic planning, and serve as a link between an organ... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- QUESTION 1 Development of Human Resource Management Years ago, organizations are well focused with Personnel Management and not much with Human Resource Management. It is from the days when personnel management was a ‘hodge-podge of incidental techniques’ (Drucker, 1968 as cited in Rudman, 2010), wherein personnel people looks like they doesn’t know what is really happening or going on in their company; and personnel were a ‘bunch of drones, generally accomplishing nothing whatsoever of any fundamental importance’ (Meyer, 1976 as cited in Rudman, 2010).... [tags: Management, Human resource management]
2531 words (7.2 pages)
- Human Resources may aid organizations in many ways. It is seen as being an advocate of employees, to help ensure fair and equal treatment is given to all employees regardless of personal backgrounds or circumstances. Human Resource Management is the design of management systems that allows organizations to effectively use its human talent to reach the company’s goals and missions. Managing people in organizations is more than administering a pay program, designing trainings or avoiding law suits.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
711 words (2 pages)
- Human Resource Management Managers acquire the work of an organization or business by the proficient of subordinate employees. For that reason, managers at every single level of the business ought to be concerned with Human Resource Management (HRM), which is the utilization of personnel to accomplish organizational goals and purposes. A human resource manager is a person who in general performs in an advisory or staff capacity, functioning with other managers concerning human resource concerns.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
2198 words (6.3 pages)
- Q1. Human Resource Management Human Resource Management is a concept widely used in mostly every big small organisation. HRM is all about management and development of “People” of an organisation. It is related with selecting right people into the right job and their training and development. Human Resource Management (HRM) is the capacity inside of an association that concentrates on requirement, administration of, and giving proper trainings to the individuals who work in the organisations. HRM is the hierarchical function that is related with issues related with individuals, for example, pay, safety, good management or administration, organisation 's progress, wellbeing, health etc.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- What Building Of Iowa State 's Campus Should Your Family And You Visit During Your Visit
- Analysis Of The Movie ' Silver Linings Playbook '
- The Importance Of Interacting With Your Children At A Young Age
- Personal Statement : My Life
- Academic Readiness, And The Career Path
- Visual Analysis : Looking At Learning