There are so many real life heroes, the next hero I admire is Martin Luther King Jr. King was an American rights activist and was a leader in the African-American civil rights movement. King wanted to end racial segregation, but being African American himself he had to overcome many challenges. Many people were disgusted with King wanting both whites and blacks to be treated equally. He always had the strength to push on and keep fighting for wha...
... middle of paper ...
...s how Ender has come to except that he is not the Ultimatum and that he can be defeated. I think Graff said this to prepare Ender in case there was disappointment. Ender is a fictional hero because he wanted to help save the human race and make his family proud.
Heroes come in many different shapes and forms, but all of them are equally important. I always remember that there are heroes everywhere you turn and that not all of them are celebrities. All of the heroes I talked about are major parts in American History and how America became the free country that it is today. Even though Ender was a fictional character I think he could fit in as a real person saving all of us. The dictionary definition of a hero is someone who is admired for their achievements or their noble qualities. My definition of a hero is someone who helps people around them and is caring.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Race Equality in The Simpson’s TV Show ============= Homer- ====== Homer is a vibrant character. he is father, husband and a safety inspector. Some of the things on his favorite list are beer” Duffy”, donuts; his wife’s cooking and watching TV. Some of the things he dislikes are Mr. Burns (his boss) taking responsibility for his actions and his next-door neighbor Ned Flanders. Even though is an unintelligent, sloppy adult he is always there for his family when they need him.... [tags: Papers]
659 words (1.9 pages)
- “I think I’ve been a great citizen” -O.J. Simpson. The O.J. Simpson trial was one of the most followed cases in history; its estimated cost for the trial was about nine million (Blohm 64). On the evening of June 12, 1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were murdered (Piombini). The trial against O.J. began on January 24, 1995 and ended on October 2, 1995 (Blohm 59). Going into the trial, O.J.’s fate had already been sealed due to the fact that nobody wanted to prosecute him because he was a football legend and an actor (Piombini).... [tags: nicole simpson, history, juror]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Criminal law is based on the principle of actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea. The principle is to the extent that a man is not guilty of his acts, actus in the absence of a guilty conscience, mens rea (Gardner, 2009). To this end, criminal law justice provides that the person alleging the commission of a crime must proof beyond reasonable doubt that the accused person(s) possessed mens rea, if the court is to hold a criminal liability against the accused. In the case of People of the State of California v.... [tags: criminal law, O.J. Simpson Trial, justice system]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- The O.J. Simpson Trial On June 12,1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were murdered. Their bodies were discovered outside Nicole Simpson's condominium. Nicole Simpson was the estranged wife of the famous football player and T.V. star O.J. Simpson. The people directly involved with this case are Judge Lance Ito, the prosecution lawyers, Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden, the defense lawyers, Johnnie Cochran, Robert Shapiro and Robert Blasier , the jury and the defendant, O.J. Simpson.... [tags: Simpson Trial Murder Case Essays]
1624 words (4.6 pages)
- World Series, NBA Finals, Final Four, Super Bowl, National Championship, College World Series, The Masters, these are the ultimate competitive goals for both athletes and fans. America loves to watch these highly competitive sporting events. From ancient times to modern day, sports have always been a part of the makeup of our society. Beginning with the Native American sportsmen “who competed for religious, medicinal, and gambling purposes” sports of old and new have continued to change and evolve in our society’s culture (“Sports”).... [tags: Sports ]
2240 words (6.4 pages)
- One time I had to help my friend Louie. We had been at my house and he forgot to turn his lights off in his old pickup. He went to start it and it would not turn over, he realized that he left his lights on. I brought my pickup over to try and jump start his pickup. I wasted a quarter tank of gas revving up my truck to try to provide more power. At this point we gave up, we then realized that we could roll start his pickup. I pulled his truck with my truck up the bump to my sloped driveway. He got rolling, popped the clutch, and off he went.... [tags: Heroic Characteristics, Literary Heroes]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Is O.j. Guilty Or Not??. well it all started out like this,O.J. was at a club, and Nichole was there also. They met, and a couple days later they started to go out. While still married to Margerite Whitly. The papers didn't go through yet for a divorce, so legally he was still married to her, while going out with Nichole. The Evidence Against O.J. Simpson Mark Fuhrman said he saw a knife box on the ledge of the bath tub,and it wasn't collected for evidence, but the prosecutors say we have the knife that was from the box, that we didn't need the box.... [tags: O.J. Simpson]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Sports History and Sports Halls of Fame Below are websites dealing with sports history, particularly those halls of fame which exist. In the dead of winter, many people's interest turn to sports, and the nominees and inductees are announced for many halls, including professional baseball and professional football. Professional Baseball Hall of Fame http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ This website discusses the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. The site combines baseball history and the Hall of Fame itself.... [tags: Sports]
1428 words (4.1 pages)
- Sports of old were merely competitive activities rooted in heroism and romanticism. Sports activities today, however, have no such innocence or simplicity. Currently in America, the activities that make up our sports culture is not only the competitive events themselves but the processes and issues that underlie and surround them. Entwined in our sports culture is the giant business of mass broadcasting. Indeed, sports and the media go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly, like Mickey and Minnie, Darth Vader and Luke.... [tags: Sports]
1050 words (3 pages)
- The O.J. Simpson Trial The O.J. Simpson trial was one of the most recognizable cases in American history. It went on for nine months. There were 11 lawyers representing the O.J. and 25 working around the clock for the largest prosecutor's office in the country. The opinion of the Jury was for the defense, not guilty. I agree with them. It would have been crazy if O.J. was convicted because the evidence was not properly handled or accounted for, the main police officer handling the case was a racist man and the defendant was black.... [tags: Trial O.J. Simpson Essays]
415 words (1.2 pages)