Essay PreviewMore ↓
The purpose of the following paper is to be able to inform the reader(s) of the paper about the business goals of the ownership and operations of a Sports Bar Franchise. The topics of discussion will include the description of the goal of the business and subtopics of the types of goods and services that are provided by any Sports Bar Franchise, what types of customers will this business attract, and lastly, how and where the specified services are made available. The paper will also include dialogue about the strengths and weaknesses of an assorted of business organizations and which one would be most appropriate for the author’s business venture.
The next section will illustrate the way in which separate commerce businesses function in the international legal atmosphere and to recognize any of the domestic and worldwide matters, which affect the assorted industry configuration and how those concerns can be successfully handled. Lastly, the paper will contain information about Sport Bar Franchise documents that are needed to initiate the business in the state of Maryland.
The purpose of a Sports Bar Franchise is to have the ability to supply its customers with quality food, beverages, and service, while also allowing the customers of the Sports Bar to be able to watch his or her favorite sports game while during the dining occasion and enjoying the food and his or her spare time at the establishment.
A web article that is titled Business Plan for a Sports Bar (n.d.) states, “Mission- Our goal is to be a step ahead of the competition. We want our customers to have more fun during their leisure time. We provide more televisions with more sporting events than anywhere else in the region. We provide state-of-the-art table-top audio control at each table so the customer can listen to the selected program of his or her choice without interference from background noise. We combine menu selection, atmosphere, ambiance, and service to create a sense of “place” in order to reach our goal of over-all value in a dining/entertainment experience” (para 9).
The targeted customer for sports bar franchises are individuals who dine out, but also take pleasure in viewing a variety of spectator sports at the same time. There are many different sports that are able to be observed when an individual is dining at one of these types of businesses.
How to Cite this Page
"Sports Bar Business Plan Paper." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The four available business ventures for this paper are. 1. Specialty high-end flooring contractor: will install all floor types (imported tile, granite, marble, hard wood, and carpeting) as part of new construction or remodeling. 2. Pilates Studio Franchise: individuals can take classes or work out on their own. 3. Sports Bar Franchise: individuals can watch multiple sporting events on large screen TV’s. 4. Global Computer Consultant: assist corporations and individuals in setting up computer networks.... [tags: Business Franchise]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Drug use is happening in the NFL and one of the most heavily used drugs is alcohol. This paper will analyze the effects of alcohol on players and discuss what the NFL can do to better combat the problems of alcohol usage and abuse. The NFL Substance Abuse Policy can be tweaked and modified so it more focused on helping the players, rather than disciplining them. In addition, the paper will discuss the sociological issues associated with NFL players abusing alcohol and the negative impacts this deviant behavior has on society.... [tags: drugs and alcohol in professional sports]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Bead Bar is a business founded in 1998 which provides both a service of teaching people how to create their own jewelry with beads, and products by selling customers beads and accessories. Bead Bar has three divisions - studios, franchises and Bead Bar on Board. There are six studios, five franchises and the Bead Bar on Board is portable and can be placed on a deck or in a lounge of a ship. Outlined in this report will be suggestions for a network for Bead Bar so that they can move from paper-based records to the use of a database for their record keeping and management.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Bead Bar Network Design The purpose of this project is to identify a computerized system that will align with the Bead Bar’s company goals. The Bead Bar is a company that supplies customers with workshops and materials to produce their own costume jewelry using items such as wire, beads and string. The Bead Bar is 1.5 million dollar company founded in 1998 that employee 15 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees. The company has three divisions that consist of studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board.... [tags: Network Bead Bar Business]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- The Bead Bar is a company that permits its consumers to produce their own bead jewelry by using wire, beads and string. Presently, there are three branches of the business composed of one studio, two franchises, and three bead Bars on Board. The role of the Bead Bar studio is to oversee the six Bead Bar studios that have two locations in New York City, one in Long Island, one in Boston, one in Washington D.C. and the flagship in New Canaan, Connecticut. The franchise division has the job of supplying beading supplies to stores that wish to open their own studio location.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Bead Bar Network Paper Bead Bar is a company that has three branches: studios, franchises, and Bead Bar on Board. The studio sector of the company runs six bead bar studios. Besides the first, there are studios in New York City, on Long Island, in Washington, D.C., and in Boston, Massachusetts. The franchise branch markets a whole beading supply kit to companies that want to start their own bead studio. The branch is accountable for satisfying franchisees’ with their supply needs. The company even now operates with paper-based forms.... [tags: Business Management Strategy Analysis]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- In this paper I will outline the development of a high-level computer network design for The Bead Bar. The paper will explain the IT recommendations of a network topology I think should be used, the network architecture, and the advantages and drawbacks that the recommended network would provide to the company. The Bead Bar is a business founded in 1998 by Meredith S., which provides both a service of teaching people how to create their own jewelry with beads, and products by selling customers beads and accessories.... [tags: Case Study, Information Technology, solution]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Frozen yogurt, a popular fad in today’s society, is a treat that is craved by most women. Because of the popularity of frozen yogurt, and how these businesses seem to be booming all over the country, we wanted to create a place similar to that of your typical yogurt shop, but with a different type of clientele. The Brogurt Bar will be an environment that will specifically accommodate men who want to escape the pressures of work, school and home; however this will not stop women from wanting to come and enjoy a night out.... [tags: Business]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- This paper will focus on the internal make-up of the Bead Bar. The Bead Bar is a company that enables its customers to create their own jewelry use tools such as wire, beads, and string. Currently, there are three divisions of the company composed of one studio, two franchises, and three Bead Bars on Board. The role of the Bead Bar studio is to oversea the Bead Bar six studios that are located in (2) New York City, Long Island, Boston, Washington, D.C., and the flagship in New Canaan, Connecticut.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- The Bead Bar is a company that specializes in providing beads to customers so they can create their own unique jewelry. They have been in business for 10 years and continue to expand. They currently have locations in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Washington D.C. They recently started Bead Bar on Board, designed especially for cruise lines. The Bead Bar currently employs 15 full-time employees and close to 20 part-time employees. (Malaga) The Bead Bar has experienced lost orders, incorrect invoicing, and delays in shipments due to their paper-based system of retaining data.... [tags: Business Development, Case Study, solution]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
Services of a sports bar franchise are provided by the establishment’s investigation of the population of the surrounding area that the franchise is attempting to begin business. For example, an individual(s) who have the desire to open his or her own sports bar franchise may want to take into consideration the salary level of the area and how many housing communities reside nearby, this will allow for the owners of the business to have the ability to have the knowledge whether or not the sports bar will have any success or not. If a prospective owner of a sports bar franchise does not do his or her research beforehand, then he or she may stand the chance of the business not being able to complete a full year of business before having to shut down.
Business Plan for a Sports Bar (n.d.) explains, “Keys to success- The keys to success in achieving our goals are:
o Product quality. Not only great food but great service.
o Managing finances to enable new location to open at targeted intervals.
o Controlling costs at all times without exception.
o Instituting management controls to insure replicability of operations over multiple locations. This applies equally to product control and to financial control.” (para 10).
There are strengths and weaknesses of an individual who is attempting to initialize a sports bar franchise. Of course, with any business an individual must have the necessary funds available to him or her in or to be able to open a sports bar franchise. Therefore, if an individual is not able to obtain the necessary funding then he or she has encountered the first weakness of the beginning of a personal business. All companies must be able to receive funding or even a loan from a bank in order to be able to purchase the building that the sports bar is going to be located. If an individual has issues with his or her credit, then there is not going to be some problems with receiving the money essential for the business to be able to a popular place for dining and entertainment of sports. Another weakness may be the ability for the owner(s) to be able to obtain a liquor license. Since just about every sports bar that is in today’s market serve some form of alcoholic beverage and are required by law to have a liquor license in order to have the ability to server these types of drinks.
Strengths of a sports bar franchise is that once the money is obtained by the individual(s) from a bank or some other type of financial institution for the purchase of an establishment would be to get the highest quality advertisement through agencies who supply public notice via the internet, newspapers, billboards, and even television to the targeted customers. By having reputable agencies displaying advertisements for the franchise, the owner(s) of the franchise are then able to obtain faithful customers. As a result, with having one establishment opening, then the owners are able to make an adequate amount of money in order to be able to broaden his or her franchise to other locations within an outside of the immediate area.
Business Plan for a Sports Bar (n.d.) indicates, “Expansion plans are already underway. Owner funding and internally generated cash flow will enable additional stores to open. The owner(s) of the sports bar will earn enough profits to be able to increase his or her business, which will only bring them in an enormous amount of profits to have other locations of the business set-up.
After researching the secretary of state’s website for the state of Maryland, there were several forms that may be able to be used in order for an individual to gain the ability to begin a sports bar franchise. These forms include, but would not be limited to a building permit, electrical inspection, food, gaming, and public exhibitions. This is just to list a few that the writer of the paper was able to discover through research on the Secretary of States.
In conclusion, there are many goals that are set in place for any organization to even begin to commence his or her business. The potential owner must focus on the type of business he or she would have the desire to open, what type of customers the owners are in search of to draw to the new business.
Business plan for a sports bar (n.d.). Retrieved February 6, 2009, from
O’Malley, M. and Brown, A. (n.d.)Business License information system. Retrieved on February
8, 2009, from http://www.blis.state.md.us/CountyLicense.aspx?CountyID=4